CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough

Old 07-14-14, 05:51 PM
jeepguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i installed these headlights today. here is a photo showing the halogen and the led at the same time

Old 07-15-14, 08:32 AM
hdave
Driver

LED is definitely better than the halogen!
looks to be brighter, with a more even light distribution.
Old 07-15-14, 09:54 AM
jeepguy
Rookie

i drove around last night just to test the lights and they are on par with the OEM HIDs on my grand cherokee srt8 that has stock philips 4300k bulbs. they are far better than halogen, you cant go wrong spending $60 for them on ebay. mine were purchased from a USA seller and arrived in 3 days.
Old 07-15-14, 11:25 AM
livesc400
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was about to purchase the TRS 35W H11 (5000K) kit just before I saw this thread and decided to give them a shot based on r81984's and jeepguy's positive results. Looking forward to installing them this week. Thanks for sharing this info!

Last edited by livesc400; 07-15-14 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-15-14, 10:02 PM
jeepguy
Rookie

the only downside is the brightness of the leds makes the DRLs look yellow. i wish there was an easy way to swap those out as well
Old 07-21-14, 03:25 PM
livesc400
Pole Position

Just got them installed and they look/work great! Here's a head-on shot that shows how white they are and how it makes the drls look sort of yellowish like jeepguy mentioned earlier. May end up putting a pair of these on my 4Runner as well.
Attached Thumbnails Install  LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough-image.jpg  

Last edited by livesc400; 07-21-14 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-21-14, 08:29 PM
jeepguy
Rookie

looks awesome! glad you like them as well. have you driven it at night yet?
Old 07-21-14, 09:36 PM
livesc400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jeepguy
looks awesome! glad you like them as well. have you driven it at night yet?
Thanks! Yes, I had to test them out this evening. I've had some Genuine Philips Gen I/II 4300Ks and Ultinons (6000K) on both my SCs before those kits were taken off the market, along with the TRS 35w 4300Ks (great product too) on our 2009 Altima and these are very comparable in light output/color to the Ultinons (approx. 90% as bright). They are definitely brighter than the stock halogens and worth the money spent. It's a no brainer if you don't already have aftermarket HIDs or the stock LED headlights. I took another pic of the headlamps at night just in case.
Attached Thumbnails Install  LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough-image.jpg  

Last edited by livesc400; 07-21-14 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-21-14, 09:47 PM
CTTaylor
Driver School Candidate

What's everybody doing with their high beam bulbs? Just leaving them stock halogen? I just installed these and would love to get some high beam bulbs that match the color temp.
Old 07-21-14, 11:22 PM
jeepguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by CTTaylor
What's everybody doing with their high beam bulbs? Just leaving them stock halogen? I just installed these and would love to get some high beam bulbs that match the color temp.
halogen is still the best option for high beams. you wont be able to get anything brighter from leds and the warm up for hids is not ideal for highs.
Old 07-22-14, 11:59 AM
Newps
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering the same thing too.

Looks like these will work for low beams, high beams and fog lights too. Anyone know if this is correct?
Old 07-22-14, 12:49 PM
edgalang
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As mentioned already...

For low beams...these are a no brainer. (if you are still on halogens)
For high beams...maybe (depending how often you really use highs).
For fogs...I might hesistate. Primarily because depending on where you live, fog lights will get covered with snow/ice and with halogens, it'll melt it off.

Reason why I even bring this up is because on my last car (that was also lowered), the fogs were halogens and during a crazy snow storm they were clear/working at night, whereas my HID lows were completely caked in ice dramatically reducing light output.
Old 07-22-14, 02:09 PM
jeepguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by edgalang
As mentioned already...

For fogs...I might hesistate. Primarily because depending on where you live, fog lights will get covered with snow/ice and with halogens, it'll melt it off.

Reason why I even bring this up is because on my last car (that was also lowered), the fogs were halogens and during a crazy snow storm they were clear/working at night, whereas my HID lows were completely caked in ice dramatically reducing light output.
^this is very true..... my oem hids on my srt8 do not melt the ice so during storms i have to stop and scrape the ice off the headlights. halogens keep the headlights nice and warm.
Old 07-22-14, 04:36 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CTTaylor
So far I am just using the stock halogen high beams.
Even if you have the OEM LED headlight housing it still has halogen brights.

The only thing I thought about for brights was trying a whiter/high color temp halogens so they would not be as yellow, but I dont know if it is even worth switching since I never really have to use my brights.
Old 07-22-14, 04:38 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edgalang
As mentioned already...

These LEDs get really hot. Hot enough to burn you just like the halogens. So I would not worry about not melting snow.
Also, those that live in snow always scrape the ice and snow off their headlights and fogs instead of waiting for their bulbs to melt it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough