Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > CT 200h Model
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Anyone with Precollision system (PCS) experience?

Old 05-14-14, 08:26 PM   #1
gsarff
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Anyone with Precollision system (PCS) experience?

I picked up my 2014 F-sport ultrawhite CT200h a little while ago, I got the radar cruise control and
the PCS warning system. I noticed an inconsistency in the manual, the text and the diagrams of
the button saying the system is enabled and disabled are not in sync with the pictures in the
manual and what the car actually does. I cannot get the dealer to figure this out and so I thought
I would ask here. I have read there are relatively few CT's with radar cruise and PCS, so the
audience is limited, but maybe someone might own another lexus with it too and so I thought
I would ask. The manual says this:

It has a clear picture of a button under the dash with a red arrow pointing in, labeled PCS OFF
and then it has numbered pictures of the button from the side labeled 1 and 2 saying 1 saying
PCS breaking is disabled, and 2 is PCS breaking enabled. Then the text says the PCS light
in the instrument cluster comes ON when the system is disabled. That should be when the
button is pushed in, according to the diagram. However on my CT the light comes on with the
button pushed OUT, not IN. The dealer service manager pushed it in, and said it was on.
yesterday I had about 1/2 a second before I came to an abrupt stop by my pushing on the brakes
during a stop on a major avenue due to traffic jam with a broken intersection light.. My fault, I
glanced away for just a moment, totally my fault. But the PCS didn't do anything and I thought it
would have by then, I was within about 10 feet of bumping the car in front of me, going maybe 10
mph. The lexus technology person who works at my dealer said her IS reacted with all the
warning tones and lights when someone pulled out in front of her on a street she was driving,
so I have heard what it is supposed to do. My question is, I guess, is the manual correct, or
incorrect about which is ON and which is OFF, since it is a feature on the car, I want to make
use of it, and have it on, but the manual is inconsistent and the dealer thinks one thing and I think
another. Any ideas? Can anyone read the Lexus engineer's minds, in which way such things
work on a lexus?
Thanks very much, I know this was a long post, I just wanted to be thorough. My car behaves
the exact opposite of the diagram below. The PCS light comes on when the button is OUT
not IN which the picture says is DISABLED.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

gsarff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 10:01 PM   #2
RXSF

If there is a PCS light on your dash, it means it is off. There should be no light, that means its on.

I am not sure if the Lexus PCS works at such low speeds
Old 05-15-14, 04:15 AM   #3
gsarff
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the reply. I guess the button labeling in the diagram is a typo by the documentation people.
I will not touch the button again.
gsarff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 08:37 AM   #4
jhs82
Lead Lap

10 mph is too slow. You'd have to get really close for it to brake, if it ever would brake at that speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegresS View Post
most people don't read the signatures- might as well say "banana banana banana"
jhs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 08:37 AM

Tags
200h, ct, diagram, ls460, pcs, system