Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CT versus Focus electric

Old 05-10-14, 01:55 PM   #1
vinny186
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default CT versus Focus electric

I've driven the Ford but not the CT. Was wondering if anyone has tested the Focus EL and how they would compare the two cars. I prefer the look of the CT but like the reduced maintenance of the Ford + the better mileage. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
vinny186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 11:24 AM   #2
Negative1
Driver School Candidate

Looks like it would depend on your driving habits. Ford's site says EPA estimated 110 miles/charge, but also says EPA estimated 76 gas-free miles/charge (I assume the 110 is account for regenerative braking). If you're in and around town driving, it could work well for you. I commute ~35 miles one way to work, so I'd be pushing it to the limit and have to go straight home for a charge.

It says "starting at $35k", so you'd have to decide on the options you would want to get and account for the price. However, I've heard the price cuts and dealer incentives are really good with the Volt, so Ford may be giving good deals to get people into their green vehicles, too.
Negative1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-14, 09:47 PM   #3
TheOneSon
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't get a Ford based on my friend and co-workers experiences. One friend just bought a brand new Explorer and it had a slow leak in the engine which eventually drained out all of the oil and ceased the engine. He had to fight the hell out of Ford to get it fixed and they refused to give him a new one.

My co-worker bought a brand new Fusion Hybrid and there was a problem with the computer in the car and to make a long story short, they ended up giving him a buy back and then he got a new one. After hearing these two stories, I would never buy a Ford. They aren't built well and from my friends experiences, their service sucks.

Get the Lexus. I love my CT. It is super comfortable and was reasonably priced. I get an average of 37 mpg but that really depends on how far you drive and how you drive it. Also, you'd have to pay to charge the Ford, whereas I only spend $32/month in gas with my sexy CT.

Last edited by TheOneSon; 05-18-14 at 10:00 PM..
TheOneSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-14, 09:47 PM