CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Upgrade nonNav to Nav

Old 03-26-14, 08:12 AM
rtwamski
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade nonNav to Nav

Has anyone installed an OEM nav into a non nav CT? If so how hard and what does the parts list include?
Old 03-27-14, 06:10 AM
Billisme
Driver

for the time and money involved it would be cheaper to use your phone. Plus you would never have to buy upgrade discs for it.
I don't know what the actual cost of just the parts would be but I would assume somewhere in the $600-$1000 price range, and that is probably pretty conservative.
Old 03-27-14, 12:07 PM
rtwamski
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Billisme
for the time and money involved it would be cheaper to use your phone. Plus you would never have to buy upgrade discs for it.
I don't know what the actual cost of just the parts would be but I would assume somewhere in the $600-$1000 price range, and that is probably pretty conservative.
With the lack of nav I am not sure what I am missing but I would like to understand those differences, if any, are. But before I get wide eyed and excited bout what that might be I would like to know if it is possible.
I recently discovered that the 2014 IS has a new Center-Console Controller, which if you've never used it before it is awesome! I understand I won't get that but if I give it a few years I might be lucky enough to find one in a junkyard and be able to pick it clean as many of my friends have done with base Accords.

I am just hoping to satisfy a curiosity at the moment in order to possibly add to my planned mods.
Old 03-27-14, 12:49 PM
JayGoldste
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rtwamski
Has anyone installed an OEM nav into a non nav CT? If so how hard and what does the parts list include?
Getting a quality GPS with voice command would be a lot more cost effective.

I don't have nav but use a Garmin nuvi 3790. The cradle for the GPS is mounted on an adhesive disc and the unit powered from the 12v outlet in the storage box on the dash. I find that the GPS is easy to see (and reach) from the driver's seat.The nuvi's voice command works well, but sometimes I have to reduce the radio volume in order for the GPS to "hear" me.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade nonNav to Nav-photo-2.jpg   Upgrade nonNav to Nav-gps-mount.jpg  
Old 03-27-14, 01:05 PM
GH5T
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayGoldste
Getting a quality GPS with voice command would be a lot more cost effective.

I don't have nav but use a Garmin nuvi 3790. The cradle for the GPS is mounted on an adhesive disc and the unit powered from the 12v outlet in the storage box on the dash. I find that the GPS is easy to see (and reach) from the driver's seat.The nuvi's voice command works well, but sometimes I have to reduce the radio volume in order for the GPS to "hear" me.
What he said
Old 03-27-14, 07:59 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes i don't know if you have seen a nav CT but i tend to think if you are attempting to go OEM, it would cost you well into the thousands.

the storage compartment on the non-nav CT has the hinged lid. on the nav CT it is a motorized screen that flips up when you turn on the car. so there are several mechanisms in play that would require a lot of wiring i'd imagine. not to mention voice control microphone and then the installation and wiring of nav joystick/puck (which is what i think you are referring to on the IS) ; the CT, like most other models, utilizes the "mouse" and is not a touchscreen.

it just depends what you like in a car. for me, i've had nav cars since 2001 so i like the rear backup cameras and occasional use of GPS, but i also like the better layout of radio and AC controls. without that, you get the typical LCD screen w the old school numbers. but you can get a lot with garmin or other portable nav units too. lexus seems to bypass the infotainment screen for non-nav cars entirely. other makes like BMW and Mercedes still have some type of screen for better infotainment layout, but just lack any sort of GPS computer.
Old 03-27-14, 10:05 PM
JZ TWINS
Driver School Candidate

Several thousands. You will need the head unit, disc player, main dash hanress and harness to the player. Just get an aftermarket set up or what others have mentioned before.
Old 03-28-14, 02:00 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what everyone says..

it would probably be cheaper to sell the car and get one with the Nav