How to negotiate the best lease deal?

Old 03-26-14, 03:57 PM   #16
mjoppru
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaws View Post
Two offers right now:

Dealer 1 (re-iterating what detailed already above)
2014 CT200h + Navigation
$2,000 down
$327/mo, 27 months, 10k miles

I asked her what fees I would have to pay in addition to the $2k and she said that there were no additional fees to cover aside from what is covered in the $2k

Dealer 2
2014 CT200h F-Sport with Navigation
$600 down to cover dealer's fees, title, etc.
$345.67/mo, 24 months, 10k

About the same? One better than the other? Both good, both bad? I am going to pull the trigger this weekend (yaaaaay).

A couple comments -

The best deal on any lease will be on MONDAY 3/31. Not Saturday / Not Sunday - MONDAY. It is not just the last day of the month, it is the last day of the quarter. If you know what you want, and they have your car in stock - the best deal can be made on Monday - preferably in the evening when they are tired.

Offer them zero down - sign and drive - don't offer a penny - this will maximize your first free payment from Lexus. The F-Sport you listed at $345/mo is the better deal - purely financially. If you are stubborn, I would start with $250 total per month on an offer. You are willing to lease a car today, with rock-star credit. They may go back and forth with you for an hour, but stick to your guns and I'd be surprised if you don't walk out with a deal at less than $300 per month on that car!

Good luck
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
mjoppru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 03:57 PM