CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Used CT200h Premium or F-Sport???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-14, 11:29 AM
lcneed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clutchless
I went from a 2008 MINI Cooper S to the CT F-Sport Special Edition and the handling is almost as good in the CT although it is much much slower, but with much better mileage. I think the ride is better with up to 2 people in the car. Add a third person and it is much worse and bottoms out. I can then hear rubbing on turns.
I had 2007 Mini Cooper S so it should be the same car as your Mini. The handling of the regular CT is no where even close to the Mini, so the F-Sport CT must have a huge improvement over the regular CT! The ride is 10X more comfortable in the CT vs the MCS though.
Old 03-07-14, 12:22 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,093 Likes on 932 Posts

2007 & 2008 MINIs were identical. The F-Sport suspension handling is much better than the regular CT. I can throw it into turns with almost reckless abandon. I also like that is lower than the MINI and the interior is 1000 times better.

I had 16 inch tires on the MINI but ditched the runflats for Yokohamas after they wore out and that really improved the ride and kept handling the same.

In my prior post I forgot to add that the electronic power steering does get tighter when in sport mode as compared to regular.

You should order the F-sport anti sway bars. They bolt on easily, cost under $500 from Sewell or South Atlanta with our club lexus discount. They will reduce body roll and really help handling.

Last edited by Clutchless; 03-07-14 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-10-14, 12:04 PM
edgalang
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
to some of us, having the "looks" is more than enough considering I doubt anyone buys these little hybrid for their "performance"

US version comes with F-sport tuned suspension which you can feel is a bit stiffer than non-F if you ever have the chance to drive one back to back.

Here's what the US comes with (at least for mine) :

F Sport with NuLuxe Interior Includes: F Sport 17" Alloy Wheel, Mesh Upper and Lower Grille, Larger Rear Spoiler, Black Headliner, Aluminum Sport Pedals (accelerator, brake, footrest), Perforated Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel, Leather Trimmed Shift ****, F Sport Exterior Fender Badges, Metal Front Door Sills/Scuff Plates, Metal Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Sport Tuned Suspension

Don't get me wrong, before I signed the papers on a non-F-Sport model, the dealer put them side by side and on the last minute, I changed my mind to F-Sport (so with that regards I went on looks alone). I was just under the impression that the $1k F-Sport package was purely cosmetic (however I was secretly hoping it wasn't). I pretty much facepalmed when I found out that the wheels were identical except for the color, so it's a nice surprise when someone validates that it does have other suspension improvements as well. At the time I was suspicious regarding the claim of "Sport Tuned Suspension" because when compared side by side, both have identical ride height.

I do know with certainty however that other members' claims of a dynamic suspension based on the driving mode dial is FALSE.

EDIT:
For completeness...

#1 I'm not sure if this is covered in "Metal Tone Instrument Panel Trim"...but I noticed in the F-Sport model, the dash trim in front of the passenger side is different than on the regular model.
#2 Regarding "Metal Front Door Sills/Scuff Plates"...I can't confirm the "front" part since mine came already fitted with illuminated sills, however I can confirm the "rear" is metal as well. I didn't bother to look at the regular model, but I do find it odd that the rear would be metal if the front isn't.

Last edited by edgalang; 03-10-14 at 12:11 PM.