CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Any consensus about solid HID kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-13, 12:19 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hdave

I also removed my HID fogs and went back to the halogen.
(because I don't ever want to take off the bumper again)
Smart . . . ten char
Old 11-12-13, 02:25 PM
xconcepts
Driver School Candidate

Ok, so proabably going with a set of H11B's unless anyone has a reason why another set that is slightly cheaper is worth it. Also, it was mentioned that someone on here is a dealer for them, anyone know who?
Old 11-13-13, 09:20 AM
kl25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xconcepts
Ok, so proabably going with a set of H11B's unless anyone has a reason why another set that is slightly cheaper is worth it. Also, it was mentioned that someone on here is a dealer for them, anyone know who?
i've had the xtreme kit from hbcarstuff.com for over a month now.

the xtreme kit has a lower drawing ballast compare to the volt kit. and from what i gathered, the ballast in the xtreme kit is the lowest drawing compare to their competitors. and the reason i make mention of this is because i've been using this without a relay or stand alone canbus and haven't ran into any mis firing issues at all. i went cheap and didn't choose the more expensive xtreme kit which comes with the philips bulb. (costs $45 more)

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme-HID-Kits-s/9954.htm

and also, if you're worried about that weird shadow that you get with the h11 (not H11B, H11B you don't get the shadow) kit from morimoto, there's none of that with the xtreme kit from kbcarstuff.

i still have a write a full review on this kit. i would recommend this kit to others.

you can also use the promo code CL to get 15% off.
Old 11-13-13, 10:49 AM
xconcepts
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kl25
i've had the xtreme kit from hbcarstuff.com for over a month now.

the xtreme kit has a lower drawing ballast compare to the volt kit. and from what i gathered, the ballast in the xtreme kit is the lowest drawing compare to their competitors. and the reason i make mention of this is because i've been using this without a relay or stand alone canbus and haven't ran into any mis firing issues at all. i went cheap and didn't choose the more expensive xtreme kit which comes with the philips bulb. (costs $45 more)

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme-HID-Kits-s/9954.htm

and also, if you're worried about that weird shadow that you get with the h11 (not H11B, H11B you don't get the shadow) kit from morimoto, there's none of that with the xtreme kit from kbcarstuff.

i still have a write a full review on this kit. i would recommend this kit to others.

you can also use the promo code CL to get 15% off.
Well even though its only a 3 year warranty compared to the 5 year with morimoto, you've convinced me to save the money and go with the xtreme kit. $129.99 shipped works for me.
Old 11-13-13, 02:28 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds good

I'm obviously biased, but we have been a trusted vendor on this site for YEARS for a reason. You will not go wrong with the Xtreme HID kit. You're NOT going to run into any return wire shadows like you do on other kits, no radio interference, power steering issues, etc..

ClubLexus members get an additional $25 off by using coupon code CL. The $129.99 SHIPPED price is literally the lowest price we've ever offered this kit for and will not last for long. Take advantage while you can

kl25: Hope you're doing well! I appreciate the feedback.