CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Lease maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-13, 05:06 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Lease maintenance?

I am looking to lease a CT200 for 3 years/45 k miles.

I know lexus offers the 5k and 10K miles. I have always bought cars, and never leased before

1) Are there specific intervals they want me to follow after 10K?

2) Anybody know the cost of service, I might incurr between 10K-45K miles?

I appreciate the help.
Old 08-22-13, 02:09 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lexus autos generally alert for service every 6mo or 5,000 miles, whichever comes first. the 15,000 mi service intervals are usually the bigger ones and take half a day. everything else is basically an oil change, rotation, and check and inspect kind of stuff.

doesn't matter if you lease or buy, you have the right to service anywhere you want. so the cost is really dependent on who you like to use for service. it is true that they can "ding" you for not taking care of routine maintenance during the lease, but they don't require you to use Lexus dealerships for that.

lexus dealers also vary widely in their pricing and what they deem part of regular maintenance. so you can compare the list of work performed from one to the next. you can also go to toyota and get it done if it's more convenient (and should always be cheaper apples to apples).
Old 08-26-13, 02:23 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Thank you

Just completed paperwork on 2013 starfire, navi, premium, seat package. Delivery next week, car is in transit

I usually work on my own cars, but I can take this to Toyota Lexus dealer.

When I return lease, will they ask to see reciepts of all work performed require by the book ?

Also dealer is trying to sell me.service plan and excessive wear plan,.either worth it ??
Old 08-26-13, 01:34 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

you can still service it yourself, just document it (keep receipts for the oil and filters).
Old 08-26-13, 01:45 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Thanks

Waiting for car to come off truck.

Debating on buying excessive wear or not .

15 k, 20k, 25k, 30 k, 35k, 40 k would be the service I guess.

I almost got a new 3 series, wife nixed idea. Had free maintenance
Old 08-26-13, 01:45 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

The service and excessive wear totals about $1400 for 3 years
Old 08-26-13, 06:21 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't be fooled by any manufacturer's claim of free maintenance... all they do is the bare minimum and will try to sell you the recommended service either way. The cost is worked into the price of the car, so nothing is ever really free.

As far as the maintenance on the CT goes, you are correct.. you'll be paying for service every 5k miles. Oil is changed every 10k miles, so the ones in between are just fluid checks and tire rotations. The larger services will be the 15k, 30k, and 45k... with the 30k being the biggest.

Depending on what is included, the service plans arent always a bad thing. If you count up the cost of all of the services you will be doing, plus whatever the excessive wear plan includes, it may be worthwhile to purchase.

Figure the 15k and 45k is usually ~$300ish, 20k, 25k, 35k, 40k are $150 each, and the 30k is ~$600ish.. all prices are estimates of course... but if you add those up, it equals $1500.... already more than your quoted price... not even mentioning the excessive wear plan... not sure whats included with that.

See whats included, and go from there...
Old 08-26-13, 06:42 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Thank you kindly. They told me I don't have to do the 45 k as I will be returning the car then. Thank you for providing service cost breakdown, because it might make sense to get the package.

If they didn't ask for proof of service receitp at lease end, i wooild just do the oil changes. Since its my first lease I am not sure what they will ask when I return it proof wise of service being done.

The excesse wear and tear covers new tires and any repairs less than $7500. It includes windshield chips, interior damage, dents dings etc.. over 7500$ damage and I would.have to go through my insurance.

They said a few times that LFS has really tightened up inspection upon lease return. I am sure if that's true or they are blowing hot air.

We always buy new cars, so I.never buy extended warranty etc. Never an.issue. since this is a lease I want to make sure I am protected.

I am OCD about my car, but you can't control other drivers dinging your door etc
Old 08-26-13, 08:17 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Since there is no requirement of doing maintenance at a dealer, you can do your own oil changes, or take your car to any place you desire. Ive leased three different Lexus cars now, and have never been required to show proof of maintenance. If you have your car serviced at Lexus, all maintenance is tracked via their national service history.
Old 08-26-13, 08:27 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RTIS250
Since there is no requirement of doing maintenance at a dealer, you can do your own oil changes, or take your car to any place you desire. Ive leased three different Lexus cars now, and have never been required to show proof of maintenance. If you have your car serviced at Lexus, all maintenance is tracked via their national service history.
Thank you kindly

What about th e 30 k 45 k big services. On your leased car did you do those at dealer ?
Old 08-27-13, 09:46 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't let the dealers scare you about leases. it is highly unlikely they ask for service records unless there is something obviously wrong with the car. ordinarily when you do a lease return, a dealer rep or 3rd party will inspect it prior to returning it to LFS, and they will let you know well in advance if there are defects that would be charged upon lease return.

door dings, scratches, curb rash on your wheels, uneven tread or low tread on tires, and even small dents are all "acceptable" forms of "damage".

i have turned in a car with some or all of the above and never been dinged by LFS. i tend to take really good care of my cars though and sometimes they waive excess damage if the rest of the car is in otherwise really good shape. if you take good care of your cars, don't worry about the occasional ding or scratch that are beyond your control. the things you do have to worry about are accidents and collision repair. those things will affect the cars value (regardless if you lease or buy).

every manufacturer has its own "acceptable" standards. mercedes uses the "credit card test". anything smaller than a credit card is considered acceptable. that would even include damage to the leather seats.

LFS will contact you 3 months prior to your lease ending and you can have an inspection done early to see if you have anything that is considered excess wear and tear. then you will have time to rectify it, if you choose.
Old 08-29-13, 03:21 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Thank you for the info! I declined the maintenance part. The excess wear is $832 for 3 years. It covers tires. I am not sure how much the tires last on the CT, and will I have to buy new tires at 45K miles.

My Elise tires last only 5000 miles.

Also I purchased the ECRU interior, so probably will get dirty.

$28 month would be the LFS excess wear. Covers glass, lights, tears, tires. $7500 maximum damage, any more have to go through insurance.

CAR IS HERE CAR IS HERE

Hehe so excited. I will make a new thread about it. Just drove it 2.1 miles. It had 2 delivery miles on it.

Hating the part that touching the door on driver side, doesn't open all other doors (I read there might be a way to change this), cuz I have two little ones that sit in the back.

Also was disappointed to learn that the hold unlock to open windows/sunroof (much needed in CA), is a dealer programmed item only