Prius tweak works on CT 200h

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 10:58 AM
Infected
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prius tweak works on CT 200h

Hey guys,
After looking for apps to disable the reverse beep and seat belt chimes on my 2015 CT 200h, I came across Carista.
Problem for me is, it's $26 Canadian (I believe $20 US) for that app to simply disable the beep and chimes (I know it does more but I don't need/want it to).

I found a app called Prius tweak on the Google play store, so I emailed the developer asking if they knew if it worked on the Lexus.
He wasn't sure, so he gave me the app to test it out, and sure enough, it worked!

It's $0.99 in the play store, and doesn't do everything carista can do, but for me, it's what I wanted to be able to do, and the price is certainly more than fair.

You will need a bluetooth dongle to do this. You can find them cheap enough on eBay.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by Infected; 08-27-15 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-27-15, 11:23 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Sweet! Nice find. I disabled most stuff through the personalized menus.
Old 08-27-15, 11:26 AM
Infected
Rookie

As did I.
But it doesn't seem that the reverse chime, or the seat belt chimes are able to be disabled without the dealer, or a app and bluetooth dongle's help.
Old 08-28-15, 03:00 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cheapest option for those who have $10-15 and are tech savvy, just buy the VCI OBDII Cable Adapter and find a copy of TechStream. I mentioned it in more detail before in another thread.
Old 09-05-15, 10:05 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get techstream like from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-VCI-Diagnostic-Tool-Scanner-for-Toyota-Lexus-Scion-TIS-Techstream-v10-0-028-/301582918672?hash=item4637be2410&item=301582918672&var=&vxp=mtr$40. It takes almost a month to get it from china (at least when I ordered it).

But it allows you change any setting that can be changed and program new keys.
I disabled the seatbelt chime and programmed a lexus credit card key.
Old 09-05-15, 12:46 PM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by r81984
Just get techstream like from here: Mini VCI Diagnostic Tool Scanner for Toyota Lexus Scion Tis Techstream V10 0 028 | eBay
$40. It takes almost a month to get it from china (at least when I ordered it).

But it allows you change any setting that can be changed and program new keys.
I disabled the seatbelt chime and programmed a lexus credit card key.

That $40 is $53 for me.
This cost me $5 CAD.

If anything, I'd just spend the money and buy Carista instead of that.
Old 09-05-15, 03:50 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Infected
That $40 is $53 for me.
This cost me $5 CAD.

If anything, I'd just spend the money and buy Carista instead of that.
r2134234 said the same thing I did, but linked you to a more expensive cable. This is $16. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VCI-TIS-J2534-OBD2-for-Toyo-MINI-16Pin-Techstream-Diagnostic-Scanner-Tool-/121749738704?hash=item1c58d994d0&item=121749738704&vxp=mtr
Cheaper thankCarista since you don't need to buy software.
Old 09-05-15, 08:58 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I disabled the reverse chime on my CT with the Carista app but haven't done it on my Prius. It's annoying as hell! and the Prius one is louder which makes it worse.
Old 09-05-15, 11:10 PM
edgalang
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If anyone finds an app that enables EV mode on by default, that is the one I'll get. The idea is I want the car completely silent when exiting the garage. It's annoying to have to push the EV mode within 10 seconds of starting or else you don't get a 2nd chance and loose EV mode until the engine is warmed up.
Old 09-07-15, 09:05 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
r2134234 said the same thing I did, but linked you to a more expensive cable. This is $16. VCI Tis J2534 OBD2 for Toyo Mini 16pin Techstream Diagnostic Scanner Tool | eBay

Cheaper thankCarista since you don't need to buy software.
The link you provide does not list if it works for 64bit, it may only work on 32bit windows.
I would not trust buying something that does not work on 64bit as then you will need to run a virtual machine to use it.
If you are buying a techstream cable, it either needs to say in the auction it runs on 64bit or you need to email the seller and ask.

Also, carista does not program keys and does not let you edit all the options.
Old 09-07-15, 09:12 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by edgalang
If anyone finds an app that enables EV mode on by default, that is the one I'll get. The idea is I want the car completely silent when exiting the garage. It's annoying to have to push the EV mode within 10 seconds of starting or else you don't get a 2nd chance and loose EV mode until the engine is warmed up.
Does not exist. It would require serious hacking/reprogramming of the cars "ECU" computer or putting something inbetween the ECU and the cars function to force it to not start the engine.
(I wish there was a law that forced automakers to give full access to the cars ECU so customers can easily reprogram what they want to.)

The cars engine only starts because the ECU is reading the catalytic converter is not up to temperature. It wants to heat up the cat even when you may only be driving 20 mph to another parking lot or to move your car.

I guess the easiest way is to find the sensor for the catalytic converter and bypass it with a switch to make the ECU think it is already at temp. Then when you want to stay in EV only, you can.
Either there is a thermcouple doing it or just the oxygen sensor. If you find the sensor then you could wire a switch to bypass it with a false reading.

The funny part is there is no reverse gear on the engine. When the CT goes in reverse it is on the electric/battery only. Even then the gas engine will start to warm up the cat even though in reverse the gas engine is useless.
Old 09-15-15, 10:23 PM
TheOneSon
Driver School Candidate

The dealer will disable the reverse beep for free!
Old 12-18-15, 08:03 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

This is a relatively old thread, but since there isn't much activity on this forum, I figured I'd spark this up.

I have owned and used the Carista App and dongle for nearly two years on my LS460 and our newly acquired CT. I was able to fully customize all aspects of the vehicles like Techstream does, including the back up beep, auto door locks, seat belt chimes, illumination, etc. Even TPMS is available. Keep in mind that some of these options can be customized and not just enabled or disabled. For example, you can set the amount of beeps for the reverse. This was set at one beep in my case, because my wife didn't want it completely disabled. FWIW, the dongle cost me 6 bucks on Ebay and the app is about 20. So for about 25-30 bucks, you get a lot for your money, especially since you also get OBD scannig and SES reset. As for Techstream, I bought that too, but could never get it to work on a 64bit laptop.
Old 12-18-15, 08:08 AM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by roadfrog
This is a relatively old thread, but since there isn't much activity on this forum, I figured I'd spark this up.

I have owned and used the Carista App and dongle for nearly two years on my LS460 and our newly acquired CT. I was able to fully customize all aspects of the vehicles like Techstream does, including the back up beep, auto door locks, seat belt chimes, illumination, etc. Even TPMS is available. Keep in mind that some of these options can be customized and not just enabled or disabled. For example, you can set the amount of beeps for the reverse. This was set at one beep in my case, because my wife didn't want it completely disabled. FWIW, the dongle cost me 6 bucks on Ebay and the app is about 20. So for about 25-30 bucks, you get a lot for your money, especially since you also get OBD scannig and SES reset. As for Techstream, I bought that too, but could never get it to work on a 64bit laptop.
This cost me .99
Along with $5 for the dongle, which I already had from my Prius.....

I see your point, but my point was for $6 I can turn off the seat belt chime, and the backup reverse beep (which to my understanding you can only have it either on or 1 beep), which is all I wanted to be able to do without making a visit to my dealership. Because I have a nav car, I can change almost everything else through that myself.

I would have had to visit the dealer twice as well, because I added a amp to my car and disconnected the battery, which of course rests everything.
Old 12-18-15, 08:26 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Infected
This cost me .99
Along with $5 for the dongle, which I already had from my Prius.....

I see your point, but my point was for $6 I can turn off the seat belt chime, and the backup reverse beep (which to my understanding you can only have it either on or 1 beep), which is all I wanted to be able to do without making a visit to my dealership. Because I have a nav car, I can change almost everything else through that myself.

I would have had to visit the dealer twice as well, because I added a amp to my car and disconnected the battery, which of course rests everything.
Well, it cost me nothing as I was one of the Beta testers, but I was simply saying that the value is great regardless. As for the reverse chime, it can be disabled. I did this with mine, but had to change it to one beep at the behest of my wife.

Quick Reply: Prius tweak works on CT 200h