Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > CT 200h Model
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

keyless programming questions...

Old 06-17-13, 07:54 AM   #1
reay6790
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Question keyless programming questions...

Hi! New here! Just bought a beautiful loaded 2011 CT 200h in obsidian with caramel. I think I'm in love!!

Anyways, after we bought it (of course) we found out it had only come with one key...a keyless remote with a key in it. Is that most likely a master key? I found a keyless fob with a blank in it on ebay that looks like it will be perfect, and I was planning on sending the actual key to Sewell to have it cut .

Can I program the keyless stuff myself? Does it work just like any other lexus? I didn't notice a place for ignition...but I had to leave my beautiful car to go on vacation and I started to think that I don't remember seeing an ignition.

Also how do I know when too many keys have been programmed? I desperately need a spare and a smart key for the walllet sounds kind of nice too!

I'm sorry if my questions have been answered before...I am new to lexus!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
reay6790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 10:19 AM   #2
Pchaser
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reay6790 View Post
Is that most likely a master key? I found a keyless fob with a blank in it on ebay that looks like it will be perfect, and I was planning on sending the actual key to Sewell to have it cut .
1. Yes that would be considered the master FOB (everythings push start now)
2. you cannot just buy one on ebay because it looks the same, the FCC #'s must match your current remote FOB, if it does then it can be programmed to your vehicle
3. you cannot sent it out to be programmed, the vehicle has to be present in order to be programmed
4. I have plenty of Lexus fob's for sale on ebay & I have 4 fob's specific for 11-13 CT200 with the blue lexus hybrid logo on back
...some forums have ridiculous rules like no posting ebay links even if you are the seller, so i'll check the rules, if its ok then I will post a link to the page
04 Nissan Titan King Cab - dropped 3" on 26's, complete Orion XTR Pro system, subs, amps & components running off Kenwood dnx7160, headrest monitors, Flowmaster full dual catback, Injen cai, A.R.E. Fiberglass Tonneau

Pchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 01:31 PM   #3
reay6790
Driver School Candidate

Good news!!! The dealer found the other key! They are shipping it to our house. Awesome!
reay6790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 06:25 AM   #4
Billisme
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchaser View Post
1. Yes that would be considered the master FOB (everythings push start now)
2. you cannot just buy one on ebay because it looks the same, the FCC #'s must match your current remote FOB, if it does then it can be programmed to your vehicle
3. you cannot sent it out to be programmed, the vehicle has to be present in order to be programmed
4. I have plenty of Lexus fob's for sale on ebay & I have 4 fob's specific for 11-13 CT200 with the blue lexus hybrid logo on back
...some forums have ridiculous rules like no posting ebay links even if you are the seller, so i'll check the rules, if its ok then I will post a link to the page
Pchaser, can you send me a link to your ebay store in a PM? I have only one key FOB and I need to get another one.
Billisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 06:25 AM