CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Thinking about moving on...

Old 07-15-13, 06:37 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I folded too, the ct is gone :-(

Work emotion set up for sale ;-) see my post and signature has all info. Have black work lugs and locks. Flat work caps and powder coated tuxedo black pearl. (New ford black)
Old 07-15-13, 07:28 PM
bsmoov
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
I folded too, the ct is gone :-(

Work emotion set up for sale ;-) see my post and signature has all info. Have black work lugs and locks. Flat work caps and powder coated tuxedo black pearl. (New ford black)
I tried to fold, but couldn't get squat for the car...

CarMax offered me 22k

Lexus offered me 23k

It's hard to sell privately as no one is walking around with that type of cash

In California it's basically pointless to trade in...we don't get the sales tax deduction/etc

Mitch what did you get instead? New IS F-Sport? I was thinking about that but I wasn't worth it for me to trade it in.
Old 07-15-13, 07:34 PM
bsmoov
Rookie

Originally Posted by bsmoov

CarMax offered me 22k

Lexus offered me 23k

In California it's basically pointless to trade in...we don't get the sales tax deduction/etc

Mitch what did you get instead? New IS F-Sport? I was thinking about that but I wasn't worth it for me to trade it in.
EDIT: I see the other guy that came from an ISF to CT just sold his car too (other than mitch, john something)...
Old 07-16-13, 05:02 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

2010 GTR. Back to the dark side :-)
Old 07-16-13, 06:19 AM
tk1971
Rookie

Originally Posted by bsmoov

CarMax offered me 22k

Lexus offered me 23k

Try selling an EVO IX.

Can't sell privately because every 18 year old calls up for a free test drive.

Dealers hack 60% off the price because of the "abuse factor", whether or not it's warranted.

The rest of the potential buyers are out of state scammers asking me to accept Western Union.

Some cars are just hard to sell at the wrong time. I had one of the first 2002 WRX's out there. Couldn't really sell it at year 5, but at year 8 people are paying more for the engine/tranny than they were offering for the whole car just a few years ago.
Old 07-16-13, 08:07 AM
bsmoov
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
2010 GTR. Back to the dark side :-)
Nice!!!

tk1971, yeah it really sucks. I paid 32k (35k+ out the door) for mine and its less*than a year old and it depreciated more than $10, 000 already??? F that.
Especially when black book/kbb values my specific car at 28.5k trade in value and 29k private party...

I only went to carmax because I heard they pay to most and its always kbb value so I was cool with 28.5k, but when they offered 22k, I almost threw up. And to top it off they gave me a wrong appraisal offer printout which I folded and shoved in my pocket...when I got home I looked at it and they offered to buy a 2010 g37 for 24.5k.

W T F, they offered to buy a 2 year older car with more miles for $2, 500 more than a 2012 Lexus CT F sport (less than a year old/only 13k miles/still under warranty/ etc.)

I like how people are indirectly calling people douches though...
Old 07-16-13, 09:55 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had mixed results with CarMax. I got an offer of $8,500 on a clean Ford EB Expedition from them. I drove it to the Lexus dealer an SOLD it to them for $10,500.

We have 4 cars and 2 homes. We're selling one home so we decided to sell one car.

CarMax recently gave me a good number on my LS460 but because Lexus service misreported odometer the last time it was in for oil change they backed out. I took it to the local Lexus dealer and they said they would call me with a number. They never called me. I suspect it was because of the odometer mismatch that they created.

We sold the LS460 to another Lexus dealer for $5000 less than we paid one year ago as a CPO vehicle. I considered that reasonable depreciation. The CT depreciated more than the LS. Being we rarely drove the LS we sold it and kept the CT and both SC430s.

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 07-16-13 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-16-13, 10:30 AM
bsmoov
Rookie

FLYCT: how did you know your CT depreciated more than your LS?

In my case over 10k depreciation in less than 1 year on a brand new car still under warranty was absolutely absurd...and its a car that is wayyy past the threshold for a private cash buyer so I'm kinda stuck. I can't believe the depreciation on the CT, I mean its a new model lexus and its a hybrid with gas being what it is now, smh...

Mitch if I might ask, how much did you get back for yours?

My plan is just to drive it stock for a few more years, it shouldn't depreciate much more than the intial hit and sell it then when its worth it to sell...

What do you guys think? Where do you think our values would be in say 2-3 years?

If I do decide to keep it longer, ill just update the front end when the face lift changes come out on the new CT, whenever that is. (Is that gonna be 2014 or 2015???)
Old 07-16-13, 01:03 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

The initial offer from Lexus was 25,500.00 trade in and I had 23,600 miles on my 2012 f sport. I laughed and got them up to 28,500 and they took almost 3,000 off the GTR asking price. With the Texas trade in tax credit it was a no brainier. I was in and out with the new car. I never even shopped trade in values, but after seeing all these numbers I obviously got a killer deal.
Old 07-16-13, 05:24 PM
tk1971
Rookie

I forgot to mention that my best trade in deal was for a Yaris (5spd) I got used at Carmax for $10,999 and sold back to them for $8,600 after putting on 50k miles almost 2 years later.

That was my interim car while I decided on what to get next after the EVO. I actually miss the Yaris turn radius and the ability to squeeze into impossible spaces at the beach. Plus, my kids got a kick out of the manual window cranks (they've never seen them before).

With depreciation the on the CT the way it is... looks like I'll be keeping this car for a while.

Also to Mitch, way to go. The GTR is on my short list.
Old 07-16-13, 06:10 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Thanks TK. It's been a long time goal of mine seeing as I'm only 27. Sad thing is I've only driven 60 miles due to weather here this week. I'm dying to have some fun it it!!
Old 07-17-13, 08:04 AM
bsmoov
Rookie

That's what I figured Mitch. I did my research and homework and that is the same figure I was expecting...shoot if I got offered anything close to that the CT would be gone in an instant.

I might try again at different places to see...is there anything you can do to help me out? Like reciepts or papers (you can block of your info surely). Its crazy because your car is my same exact car.

2012 starfire pearl F Sport and mine is immaculate and only has 15k on the clock...I don't get it. If I'd have to drive to Texas ill do it and catch a plane back.

The worst thing was uninstalling everything to get it back to stock for no reason. Wheels sold, authentic kit sold painted with everything for less than half price, coilovers uninstalled, etc...
Old 07-17-13, 10:52 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Yeah ill show you my papers, but remember anyone is going to tell you I had more leverage buying a 70k car. Pm me your cell number.
Old 07-17-13, 10:57 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

I thought it was sold cause I saw your coils on eBay. I'd pick the car you want and go in to the dealer with a strong head knowing what you need. I even left the lip, roof wrap, grill wrap and hids on the car. No complaints from the dealer. My guess is they had room to play with on the gtr due to it being a trade in as well. I hardly put anything down but have excellent credit so I'm guessing it was just meant to be.

Last edited by Mitch08ISF; 07-17-13 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-17-13, 11:05 AM
bsmoov
Rookie

Yeah I have excellent credit as well...the only reason I removed all my parts was because aftermarket parts devalue the car big time. Plus I can sell the stuff for more income on selling entire car.

I definitely didn't want to go through the suspension hassle a few more times if I'm not planning on keeping the CT for much longer (install again and uninstall again when selling/trading in car) that's why my coils are on eBay as they are the only part that I didn't sell yet (everything else is gone)

Ill pm you my number, I think I may still gave it when I sold you those gaskets...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking about moving on...