CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Ceramic Tint Installed

Old 05-23-13, 11:28 AM
aznbo187
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Tint Installed

I just recently had clear bra installed on my lexus as well as ceramic tint all around by a shop called Unique Auto Films located in Los Angeles...Tarzana to be exact. They also do full vehicle vinyl wraps, so they are a bit more knowledgeable with film than your average tint shop.

They carry a few different brands such as Huper Optik, 3M, and Llumar for ceramic tint. After going through the options, I decided on Llumar as it was a ceramic tint with comparable spec as the Huper Optik, but much more reasonably priced. The difference between normal window tint and ceramic window tint is significant, but the difference between one ceramic tint over the other is marginal. So I decided to go with a most cost efficient option but still with a well known brand, Llumar.

I ended up going with 50% ceramic tint on the sides and rear windows, and 70% ceramic tint on the windshield. I was afraid it was going to be too light, but it came out perfect! It's light enough not to warrant any cop attention, but dark enough to camouflage the interior, especially at night.

Heat and interior temperature have also been noticeably cooler and visibility, radio and satellite have not been affected.

If you are in the LA or Sherman Oaks, Encino or Tarzana area, I'd recommend going with Unique Auto Films. They did a meticulous job with the dot matrix section and all the cuts on the tint are lined up perfectly without any gaps. If you are looking for a light tint with good heat rejection benefits, 50% is great! It also doesn't reduce any visibility at night and helps cut down on the glare at night from the rear view mirror as well.

This is how the 50%/70% ceramic looks at night, with indoor lighting. See if you can spot the clear bra in the picture !

Attachment 500075
Attachment 499509
Attachment 499510

I also installed 5000k Retrofit Source HID's, which I'll post pictures of soon.

After that, I'll be getting 19" Avant Garde M510 Wheels and Megan Coilovers.
Old 05-24-13, 10:58 AM
Litcroco
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The tint look great! There are many pros with a lighter tint but still i prefer 20-35% tint, it's just more bad *** looking ^ ^.
Old 05-24-13, 11:22 AM
Billisme
Driver

you did your whole windshiled in 70%? And the shop gave you a receipt for that? IS tinting windshields common in Cali? That's a big no-no here in Florida. You can't even put the clear UV blocking tint on your windshield.
Old 05-24-13, 01:51 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lexus already have the UV protection in the glass, there's really no need for UV clear sheet for the windshield
Old 05-24-13, 03:28 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nice looks good! glad you finally got it done! We're almost twins now lol
Old 05-25-13, 09:25 PM
Osigina13
Driver School Candidate

That's looks really great. What is the price for the ceramic tint and clear bra
Old 05-25-13, 09:36 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Osigina13
wondering the same!
Old 05-28-13, 05:52 PM
aznbo187
Driver School Candidate

The tint look great! There are many pros with a lighter tint but still i prefer 20-35% tint, it's just more bad *** looking ^ ^.
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. I've also considered a darker tint and part of me still wants to, but I'm not rocking a front plate and just want one less obvious reason to be pulled over. If it wasn't for legal reasons, I would probably do 35% all around or less. But with this car, I kinda just want to fly under the radar as much as possible. Tint was an obvious one for me as every cop can usually tell if it's dark enough to warrant pulling someone over for.

you did your whole windshiled in 70%? And the shop gave you a receipt for that? IS tinting windshields common in Cali? That's a big no-no here in Florida. You can't even put the clear UV blocking tint on your windshield.
Yes, entire windshield is 70%, not just a tint strip. Windshield tint is very common in California, especially Los Angeles. It's not legal to have your windshield tinted, but it's also not legal to have your front windows tinted either. Either way, I opted for something extremely light as it being ceramic tint you have the benefit of getting all the heat rejecting properties without having to get a dark tint.

lexus already have the UV protection in the glass, there's really no need for UV clear sheet for the windshield
Sure, however, I don't think it's ever a bad thing. I can definitely tell a difference as my skin doesn't feel hot driving in traffic.

Thanks! Glad I got it done too. I love the darkness of the tint, even though it's on the lighter side it just has a classy hue to it.

Honestly, I would highly just suggest giving them a call and saying you are from the Lexus forum interested in ceramic tint or the clear bra protection. I got a pretty good price since I've always taken my past BMW's to this place, but the owner mentioned that he will give Lexus enthusiasts a better price. Just visit their site at www.uniqueautofilms.com or give them a call at (310) 795 5838.
Old 05-28-13, 05:54 PM
aznbo187
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XprincoX
Do you have any pictures of your CT200h? Looking to get a little CT/Hybrid meet going near LA!
Old 06-06-13, 07:59 PM
confuzshuz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aznbo187
I just recently had clear bra installed on my lexus as well as ceramic tint all around by a shop called Unique Auto Films located in Los Angeles...Tarzana to be exact. They also do full vehicle vinyl wraps, so they are a bit more knowledgeable with film than your average tint shop.

They carry a few different brands such as Huper Optik, 3M, and Llumar for ceramic tint. After going through the options, I decided on Llumar as it was a ceramic tint with comparable spec as the Huper Optik, but much more reasonably priced. The difference between normal window tint and ceramic window tint is significant, but the difference between one ceramic tint over the other is marginal. So I decided to go with a most cost efficient option but still with a well known brand, Llumar.

I ended up going with 50% ceramic tint on the sides and rear windows, and 70% ceramic tint on the windshield. I was afraid it was going to be too light, but it came out perfect! It's light enough not to warrant any cop attention, but dark enough to camouflage the interior, especially at night.

Heat and interior temperature have also been noticeably cooler and visibility, radio and satellite have not been affected.

If you are in the LA or Sherman Oaks, Encino or Tarzana area, I'd recommend going with Unique Auto Films. They did a meticulous job with the dot matrix section and all the cuts on the tint are lined up perfectly without any gaps. If you are looking for a light tint with good heat rejection benefits, 50% is great! It also doesn't reduce any visibility at night and helps cut down on the glare at night from the rear view mirror as well.

This is how the 50%/70% ceramic looks at night, with indoor lighting. See if you can spot the clear bra in the picture !

I also installed 5000k Retrofit Source HID's, which I'll post pictures of soon.

After that, I'll be getting 19" Avant Garde M510 Wheels and Megan Coilovers.
How much did the tinting alone cost you? I had mine done at tint masters in canoga park. I got regualr tints, no ceramic and just the 5 windows, no windshield. They didn't do that great of a job. I had to get them to redo some of their work because of air bubbles and dust particles. They redid 3/5 windows. I would give them a 6/10 rating on the first attempt and about 7.5/10 after fixing it. There are still some imperfections, which they claim is normal, but I'm over it. I wanna get it redone else where and get ceramic tints time, but I'm afraid of getting the same results.

Last edited by confuzshuz; 06-06-13 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-06-13, 11:58 PM
altezzaHKS
Driver School Candidate

look nice!!
Old 06-11-13, 11:48 AM
aznbo187
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by confuzshuz
How much did the tinting alone cost you? I had mine done at tint masters in canoga park. I got regualr tints, no ceramic and just the 5 windows, no windshield. They didn't do that great of a job. I had to get them to redo some of their work because of air bubbles and dust particles. They redid 3/5 windows. I would give them a 6/10 rating on the first attempt and about 7.5/10 after fixing it. There are still some imperfections, which they claim is normal, but I'm over it. I wanna get it redone else where and get ceramic tints time, but I'm afraid of getting the same results.
Give them a call at (310) 795-5838. I got several things done by them including a clear bra, so I may have gotten a bundle package deal. However, just tell them you heard of them from the Lexus forum and they usually try to give enthusiasts a better price.

They guarantee all their work for imperfection, so I wouldn't hesitate.

I really like the difference ceramic tint makes over regular tint. It's good because I don't have to get an extremely dark tint, yet it still keeps the heat out.
Old 06-13-13, 02:58 PM
UncleRico
Rookie

Looks really good. I might do the same but just a tad darker.
Old 06-23-13, 08:47 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Tints look great!

Also of note, if you are interested in purchasing ceraminc tints, Huper Optik is by far my favorite and works the best. However, they cost the most and are the thickest film. Whenever I roll up my windows, it sounds like the tolerances are pretty tight so I settled with Formula1 ceramic tints. They are one of the thinnest films and performs almost as well as Huper Optiks.
Old 07-16-13, 01:20 PM
Bob259
Driver

Looking for the ceramic tint here in PHX also, Was surprised that the Dealers didn't offer it here with all the heat and sun, only the plain tint.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ceramic Tint Installed