CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

New member from Orlando, Fl.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-13, 06:43 AM
Fakter1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Orlando, Fl.

Hi everyone, I just joined but have been lurking without registering for a little bit. Your community had a large part in landing my wife and I our CT200h. Just got tints done on it but other than that It's completely stock. I will definitely be using this forum for pointers and ideas on how/what to do with this CT. It's never going to be fast, but it can definitely look good!

I'm not a stranger to DIY at all, and am willing to get my hands dirty. I also own a 91 Honda Civic which is my project car. I've done engine swaps, suspension work, a small amount of body work, and even dabbled in a little engine tuning. This is all mainly Honda-related, so I'm going to have to do a fair amount of research before I'm willing to touch the CT (warranty-voiding is out of the question as well).

Here's a pic of the stocker even though you all know what they look like:

Here's a few pics of the project car, if anyone is interested:

Plans for the CT include slightly wider black or gunmetal 17's with a better backspacing, some conservative lowering springs, and getting rid of the chrome bits. Thanks in advance for welcoming me into the Club Lexus fold.
Old 04-28-13, 12:01 AM
hkwonton
Driver School Candidate

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find some great information here. Enjoy your new CT!

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-28-13, 08:33 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Congrats on the CT.
Old 04-28-13, 05:55 PM
Fakter1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys!
Old 04-28-13, 08:03 PM
m R g S r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I miss my old LS-T EK hatch. Made some nice Tq (for a Honda lol) but that was a million cars ago.

You'll enjoy the mileage and quiet ride of the CT (compared to the old Honda road noise, open DP smell etc etc )

I have the tanabe springs and they're fine. Deff. Stiffer than the OEM's but they're fine for DD here on rough NYC roads.
Old 04-28-13, 09:10 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus
Old 04-28-13, 09:48 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus and congrats on getting the CT.
Old 04-29-13, 05:21 AM
Fakter1
Driver School Candidate

Call me crazy, but all that stuff mentioned about the Honda are all things I love. Once I find myself a daily the Civic is probably going back to NA for SCCA/NASA duty. For the moment I'm putting down 185hp/179tq with 5 psi on a base map. This was on a Mustang Dyno which usually reads lower than a Dynojet. Proper tuning and upping the boost to 9 psi should bring me to my 230hp goal.

I do enjoy the ride and sound of the CT though, and Sport mode keeps me satisfied for now when I need a little kick. Thinking about an IS for my daily, not sure though. The wife and I have an agreement that our household MPG should be in the 60's for both our dailies and, as it stands, the civic gets about 20 mpg combined. This little CT should let me get something quick and terrible on gas.

Last edited by Fakter1; 05-09-13 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-29-13, 07:52 AM
JediKeith
Rookie

Congrats on the CT. I live in Tampa but frequently am in Orlando, I have a bagged black CT. Hope to see you around!
Old 05-09-13, 04:04 PM
Fakter1
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I wish I could go all out on this one. The body has such nice lines. I'd be all over bagging this hybrid. Too bad it's the wife's daily, so I must be happy with things like these:

Just a shift **** and the arm rest pad. The shift **** looks like brushed aluminum, it's probably not but I don't mind. Just a $20 test part, anyway. Put both on today, can't really call it an install because it was so ridiculously easy. Looks good though, IMO, and took about 10 minutes.
Considering F-Sport springs to keep the warranty, not sure yet though. It looks like the drop is minuscule. We'll see.
Old 05-13-13, 06:09 AM
Billisme
Driver

where did you get the gear selector **** from? And how big is it? I was thinking about getting one from Flameball shifters but wasn't sure how it would look. I think the smallest ones they have is 1 7/8".
Old 05-13-13, 02:23 PM
Fakter1
Driver School Candidate

About 2 inches, I would have been happy with something a little smaller but finding stuff in m8x1.25 is tough. Got it on ebay for about $20 from sickspeed. It came with an adapter though, so if I can figure out the thread on that I can make anything a shift ****. I'm thinking of using a 1.5" golden tiger eye sphere with some hematite in it, if I can find a machine shop that won't fracture the stone while tapping it. Something like this:

That or I'm ordering a red joystick ball cause I always drive it in sport mode and playing the mpg/power juggling game always feels like an arcade anyways.

Last edited by Fakter1; 05-13-13 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-22-13, 01:52 PM
Fakter1
Driver School Candidate

Hood dampers and stubby antenna on the way. Should have some install pics coming through this weekend.
Old 05-24-13, 11:24 AM
Billisme
Driver

where did you order the dampers from? Ebay?
Old 05-24-13, 01:24 PM
Fakter1
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, Ebay Circuit Sports brand. Got them in yesterday, actually, but I need the wife to stop driving the thing so I can throw parts at it.

Quick Reply: New member from Orlando, Fl.