CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What would you replace your CT with when it becomes time to

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-18, 08:51 AM
weinerjm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would you replace your CT with when it becomes time to

Hey guys now that new CT's are not available in the US what would you replace your CT with when it becomes time? How long would you keep your CT in miles
Old 02-28-18, 12:14 PM
tomknez
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Even though no one has seen it at this point, likely the Lexus UX because it will probably be the Lexus hybrid with the best MPGs.

Keeping my CT for at least another 10 years or 250,000 miles. I had a 1998 Camry that lasted to around 250k on stock suspension then I fixed her up and did all the maintenance like timing belt and transmission flush, car lasted until 314,000 miles until somebody crashed into me.

I will likely do the same for the CT except when the stock suspension goes, I am not fixing it up again.
Old 02-28-18, 01:48 PM
ramenboy
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i would like to see how the 2019 volvo v60 hybrid pans out.

also plan on keeping the ct for a long while. i had a pontiac vibe (toyota matrix) for 14 years. the odometer stopped at 299999miles and i added a few K more before mechanicals started to finally show their age. i liked the ct looks, mpg and toyota quality, so i got it.

Last edited by ramenboy; 02-28-18 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-28-18, 04:02 PM
sjw91
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We'll see what the UX is like when it hits the streets. My biggest issue is space in my garage. I can't get anything much wider than the CT. I'm usually bored with a car after 50K.
Old 02-28-18, 09:30 PM
tomknez
Driver School Candidate

Yep, can already tell I am going to like the UX.

Old 04-11-18, 09:24 PM
hvdcman
Rookie

Plan on keeping mine until it dies!! Best commuter car I have used. Have the replacement in the garage if ever needed....(GSF )
Old 04-12-18, 09:58 AM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Until it breaks down or replacement part costs start adding up, I'm assuming it'll be dying then. Hoping on doing 300K +. It's only at 36k now so I have a long way to go. My other option would probably be an IS 3 years older than about 10 years from now lol.
Old 04-12-18, 11:56 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

Normally I'd also be up for a UX hybrid, but considering what I do, I'd probably look at a Crosstrek or Forester, and also the upcoming hybrid version that will use the Prius Prime hybrid system.
Old 04-13-18, 12:40 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine is only at 38k miles right now so it has a long way to go, I don't see why I wouldn't push the car to 200k+ and then seeing how it is then. Honestly, I wouldn't mind driving a Prius as a daily after owning the CT for almost 2 years. If it was my only car, I would get a Mazda 3.
Old 04-14-18, 01:14 AM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm about at 120k, and 5+ yrs of ownership ... I've already got 1 foot out the door, and just bought a 2015 Honda Fit. I wanted another hatchback, something reliable, decent mpg, and this time around I'm willing to go CHEAP over luxury. The CT may be put up for sale within the next few weeks

one day, would like for my Fit to look like this, and less .... not-so-cool:

Originally Posted by Raidin
Normally I'd also be up for a UX hybrid, but considering what I do, I'd probably look at a Crosstrek or Forester, and also the upcoming hybrid version that will use the Prius Prime hybrid system.
Raidin, if you are 100% set on a Subaru ... let me know when ... I am a "Subaru Ambassador" and can provide a voucher on your new car purchase ... it knocks off a few hundred bucks. may want to PM me on this one for more details, as I believe it is against the rules to post these kinds of things in public

Last edited by chargerfan; 04-14-18 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-15-18, 09:50 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I would not bet on the Volvo IMHO.

Originally Posted by ramenboy
i would like to see how the 2019 volvo v60 hybrid pans out.

also plan on keeping the ct for a long while. i had a pontiac vibe (toyota matrix) for 14 years. the odometer stopped at 299999miles and i added a few K more before mechanicals started to finally show their age. i liked the ct looks, mpg and toyota quality, so i got it.
Old 04-18-18, 01:06 PM
Vegasaurus
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Raidin
I would recommend strongly against AWD with your use case (high mileage). You will be replacing CV joints every year not to mention lower mpg.
Old 04-18-18, 02:40 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Originally Posted by chargerfan
Raidin, if you are 100% set on a Subaru ... let me know when ... I am a "Subaru Ambassador" and can provide a voucher on your new car purchase ... it knocks off a few hundred bucks. may want to PM me on this one for more details, as I believe it is against the rules to post these kinds of things in public
Thanks, chargerfan! I'll be sure to PM you because I think you're right, it may be against the policies here.

Originally Posted by Vegasaurus
I would recommend strongly against AWD with your use case (high mileage). You will be replacing CV joints every year not to mention lower mpg.
I understand, but one of the many things I've learned doing this sort of work is that you often times need some basic offroading and water fording. Foresters, Outbacks, and Crosstreks all have large cargo capacities, comfort, reliability (not quite Toyota level though), good fuel economy (but not hybrid level, small trade off), decent prices, and most importantly, they can go through many of the flooded roads I couldn't get through in my CT, or go over curbs when there was something blocking a road (where I had to wait 1 hour almost when I was 3 minutes away from my destination).

I know that if I chose a Subaru, I would have to spend more on repairs, maintenance, and gas. My mechanic even told me to expect to replace the engine every 150k to 250k miles as they won't go as far as a Toyota or Honda (but he also mentioned that used Subaru engines are plentiful and cheap). I know it would cost me more to run a Subaru over a Toyota or Lexus, but I also recently decided to downsize my two personal cars into one. This will save me some money in insurance and registration fees, and will help me in funding a Subaru if it ever came to it.
Old 04-19-18, 09:31 AM
eagle1oh7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know. I got mine specifically to replace my daily so I'll probably keep it as long as the battery will last. The warranty is good up until 100k so hopefully it lasts longer than that, anybody know what's the highest mileage CT look like on the boards?
Old 04-19-18, 02:47 PM
Raidin
Advanced

It looks like my avatar.

Quick Reply: What would you replace your CT with when it becomes time to