CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

2012 CT200H - My Build (San Diego, CA)

Old 03-04-13, 04:06 PM
SigmaSixRD
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m R g S r
You can't. :/

I have a shop who has some custom fabbed suspension braces, I will mention it to them to look into designing an adjustable control arm for camber.....
Good to know. Thank you for the info.

Last edited by SigmaSixRD; 03-04-13 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-05-13, 01:34 AM
Doublade
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not bad, definitely looked like my old setup haha with the poke
Old 03-05-13, 06:20 AM
m R g S r
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SigmaSixRD
it was pulled about 10mm out...just enough to clear. I'll take pics of the inner wells for later topic.
Are you misusing the term pull? Because a pull would protrude out past the factory quarter panel location (and be visible from the outside of the car, without looking into the fender well) A roll would get rid of the lip on the inside, without pushing the metal work out any further past the OEM outer location.

Here is a pull I did on the front of my old s2000, the fender is pulled outward past where it originally was....

Last edited by m R g S r; 03-05-13 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-05-13, 12:07 PM
SigmaSixRD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by m R g S r
Are you misusing the term pull? Because a pull would protrude out past the factory quarter panel location (and be visible from the outside of the car, without looking into the fender well) A roll would get rid of the lip on the inside, without pushing the metal work out any further past the OEM outer location.

Here is a pull I did on the front of my old s2000, the fender is pulled outward past where it originally was....
Let me just remove it from my description to avoid confusion. But to clarify what was done...the lip is gone and re-enforced with a sheet metal (it's flat)...and the fender was "moved" 10mm out...so 10mm out from OEM minus lip is the mod that was done. Hopefully that clarifies it for the readers attempting to put a 18x10 with a +25 offset (225/45/18 tires) on the rear of a CT200H.

Last edited by SigmaSixRD; 03-05-13 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-05-13, 12:22 PM
SigmaSixRD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Doublade
not bad, definitely looked like my old setup haha with the poke
Thank you Doublade! I like how yours looks. What suspension are you riding on? I read that you're going to TORC...hope to see you there. Still debating if I should take my Matrix or the CT200H. If you haven't been...it's the one of the best family-oriented car show in the So. Cal. Looking forward to seeing you there. If I do bring the Matrix...it's the widebody Matrix...just drop by to say "what's up!"
Old 03-07-13, 07:42 PM
bsmoov
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car!!! You can't go wrong with CCW. Love the way the car sits and the wheel setup. Fully polished or Bright Buff Finish?
Old 03-07-13, 10:55 PM
SigmaSixRD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bsmoov
Nice car!!! You can't go wrong with CCW. Love the way the car sits and the wheel setup. Fully polished or Bright Buff Finish?
it's fully polished. i wished i would have gotten it coated close to the same finish. oh well...maybe next set. thanks for the nice comment! there's a lot of nice looking CT in this forum...glad i made the right choice in buying this car
Old 03-08-13, 11:51 AM
bsmoov
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SigmaSixRD
it's fully polished. i wished i would have gotten it coated close to the same finish. oh well...maybe next set. thanks for the nice comment! there's a lot of nice looking CT in this forum...glad i made the right choice in buying this car
I hated to polish the lips once or twice every month. It was such a pain in the ***.

Me and a LOT of my buddies are now using this: www.shineseal.com

A bit expensive for the kit but well worth it. It seals in the polish so you don't have to re polish for about a year. I'm freaking serious. Through rain, dirt, dust, whatever element, all you have to do is wipe your wheels with a rag and BAMMMMM the same shine/shimmer/mirror polish from when you first sealed them. I haven't polished my lips in about 7-8 months and whenever it's dirty all I do is wipe it down. People are always amazed...thank me later
Old 03-19-13, 10:08 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks pretty good but with all these mods, I'm pretty sure you just killed the MPG down by at least 10 if not more....kinda defeats the purpose of buying this car?
Old 03-19-13, 10:32 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

pics of the fender mod?
Old 03-20-13, 01:47 PM
m R g S r
Pole Position

I think the sidewall height has more to do with ride quality than if you re-stretch with a softer riding tire. Maybe try some camber bolts up front and use a tire with a little more sidewall?
Old 03-21-13, 01:08 PM
SigmaSixRD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chargerfan
pics of the fender mod?
Soon...I'm thinking of buying a 2nd set of wheels :-) so when I take the CCWs off, I'll take the pictures.

Originally Posted by s4play
Looks pretty good but with all these mods, I'm pretty sure you just killed the MPG down by at least 10 if not more....kinda defeats the purpose of buying this car?
Actually, I've averaged anywhere from 42-44 from 44-47mpg...I lost a few miles on my mpg. It's just my culture man...or our culture. We'll mod any car we drive (at least I would). I did 388.2 miles on 9.1 gallons (at least that's my last stop at the gas station).

Last edited by SigmaSixRD; 03-21-13 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-21-13, 10:59 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

how much for teh ccw's? =)
Old 03-20-14, 02:10 PM
SigmaSixRD
Driver School Candidate

CCW's are up for sale now at $2150 or best offer + shipping. Serious Inquiries Only!

Last edited by SigmaSixRD; 03-25-14 at 12:27 PM.