CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

2014+ Ct200h... anyone have radar cruise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-15, 12:46 PM
lbmustache
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014+ Ct200h... anyone have radar cruise?

Hi all, new to this forum and possibly looking to get into a 2014+ CT sometime this year or very early next year.

I currently drive a car without adaptive cruise control and would LOVE to have this in my next car. I know the CT is available with radar cruise, however I see no models in Southern California with it?! I believe the LED lighting package has to be selected in order to get radar cruise, but I don't see any models with LED lighting either...

Is this one of those things where it's an "available" option, but Lexus doesn't actually send any out to the dealers? Does anyone have the LED package + radar cruise?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-15, 01:45 PM
weinerjm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adaptive Cruise

HI,

I have Adaptive Cruise and LED lights on a 2015 CT. I ordered this car last September and it took 6 or 8 weeks till it arrived. I like the adaptive cruise a lot:, but it was $1,500.

Jerry :
Old 07-30-15, 02:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

OP, you won't typically see them on lots because they are special order. If you do find one, its likely because it was a dealer demo or was ordered for a customer who decided not to take the car. Note weinerjm had to wait 6-8 weeks for his special order.
Old 07-30-15, 03:56 PM
lbmustache
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
OP, you won't typically see them on lots because they are special order. If you do find one, its likely because it was a dealer demo or was ordered for a customer who decided not to take the car. Note weinerjm had to wait 6-8 weeks for his special order.
That's what I figured, thanks! I would like to buy CPO, looks like I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of these to hit the lots.
Old 07-31-15, 08:08 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lbmustache
That's what I figured, thanks! I would like to buy CPO, looks like I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of these to hit the lots.
A CT with radar cruise is a rare bird. The only way I could get one when we bought our 2012 was to special order it. We searched the whole SE and there was not one anywhere.

I had an LS460 and a Toyota Avalon Limited, both radar cruise and loved it. I drove a weekend trip that included 90 miles across the Florida Everglades. i really missed not having it.

I think if you want it you will need to special order it.
Old 07-31-15, 08:15 PM
lbmustache
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FLYCT
A CT with radar cruise is a rare bird. The only way I could get one when we bought our 2012 was to special order it. We searched the whole SE and there was not one anywhere.

I had an LS460 and a Toyota Avalon Limited, both radar cruise and loved it. I drove a weekend trip that included 90 miles across the Florida Everglades. i really missed not having it.

I think if you want it you will need to special order it.
Yeah it just seems like not too many come with it. Radar cruise is not a deal breaker by any means, but would be a great feature to have moving into a newer car.

I tried a search on cars.com using a few different keywords and I found one 2013 and another one (maybe 2014?) with it. One was a private seller and I think one was on a Toyota or Ford lot. So definitely hard to find... maybe a few more will turn up as these cars get older and people get the itch to move into something else.
Old 10-18-15, 02:04 PM
almario
Driver School Candidate

thats a plus, radar cruise control mmmmm.
Old 10-19-15, 07:53 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts

My dealer told me that no dealers in the US order cars with either of those because they don't think they can sell them. If you try to build a CT 200h on Lexus' site, you'll notice they try to stick you with one of 3 builds, instead of the usual options list, and those two options are not included. Those are the 3 builds most dealers order.

I will also note that you do not have to have the LED headlight option to get adaptive cruise, they are both in the standalone option set. I have both and also had to special order my 2014 to get them.
Old 12-06-15, 10:27 PM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

Its an interesting feature to have. The BMW that my CT replaced has it and its very cool, but a bit touchy. I BARELY BARELY bumped the front bumper on my 530i trying to PUSH it into a carport during a hail store and got too close to a 4-wheeler tire and it messed up the aim on the laser system and its a pricey re-alignment fee from the dealer.