CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

got a loaner ct - like it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 10:42 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default got a loaner ct - like it!

having a dash rattle looked at on my is250, so i asked for a 200h as a loaner because i was interested in maybe getting one for my next lease. i test drove it for like 10 minutes when it first came out and am happy to have a good day to day driving experience with it. really like it.

- good stereo
- handles great
-40mpg
- looks cool!

just that extra 'oompf' factor is really keeping me on the edge of leasing. once it gets up to speed its great, but geez, if it just had a LITTLE more power. im no driving mad man - got 2 kids - i sit in traffic all morning on a long commute...but man, can i live with that? maybe...i don't know! WHENS THE HYBRID IS model coming out?!?! aaaaah!

by the way, having a tough time guessing, but is the NAV in that car more responsive - no delay - between the voice command and it acknowledging me? my wife's RX is awful...huge delay sometimes.
Old 09-10-12, 02:11 PM
cyberwire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want a little more horse you can allways go for ES300H....
Old 09-10-12, 02:18 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

funny you should mention that. i've had several ES cars and am very interested in the hybrid ES. the markup really is very minimal and with the gas prices currently being what they are, it would probably make sense....for my wife! LOL! my problem is with how large it is in this iteration. its been getting bigger and bigger every generation. i'd get her a hybrid rx, but the price diff is over 6k! lexus WILL have every model as a hybrid very soon - so hopefully the IS will come sometime in the 1Q of next year and the markup will be similar to the ES and come with the 2.4 or a 2.5L hybrid engine. i've been reading a lot about the Chevy Volt....interesting concept - too bad they staked their entire existence on that one car. a $40k loaded golf cart....eek - but no gas for months if you drive short distances.
Old 09-10-12, 04:12 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberwire
If you want a little more horse you can allways go for ES300H....

I haven't driven the ES300H but from what I read it has the same engine/drivetrain as the Camry Hybrid. I drove a Camry Hybrid last year and it is very quick. I was very impressed with it.

I think the new ES300h is going to take sales away from the CT. similar gas mileage, more room etc.

I had a loaner standard ES when my LS was in for service a few weeks ago. It reminded me of my Former 06 Ford Taurus daily driver. Handled OK, noisier than the LS and not very lexus like inside. Hopefully the 2013 ES has nicer interior appointments.

JR
Old 09-11-12, 09:31 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

this has been a useful discussion. my wifes lease can be dumped in november, so im thinking of trading her rx in for a es300h...of course, after a test drive. she'll get DOUBLE the milage for the same price - in effect saving us around 100 bucks a month! she liked driving the ct200h as well, but we both thought it was underpowered.
Old 09-11-12, 12:27 PM
xis
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They need to put a turbo in it also.... That should solve all their problems and then I would want one too. Looks and handles great - I just couldn't live with the extreme lack of power from a full stop.... SO frustrating@!!!
Old 09-11-12, 12:29 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by xis
They need to put a turbo in it also.... That should solve all their problems and then I would want one too. Looks and handles great - I just couldn't live with the extreme lack of power from a full stop.... SO frustrating@!!!
are there any other hybrids out there with a turbo? every new lexus that comes out, there's always someone who predicts or would like for there to be a turbo version - hybrid or not. has lexus EVER made a turbocharged car? i dont think so. i would be interested to see the impact of a turbo on a hybrid - maybe the engineering is just too complicated - no idea! i like the idea though.
Old 09-11-12, 12:32 PM
xis
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if it is too complicated too?

Look at the Veloster Turbo and the MPG it gets without being a hybrid - plus the fact that it has 200HP and can really scoot!

I just want those two cars combined in the Lexus version!
Old 09-12-12, 08:23 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Glad you liked the CT. It's a great commuter car with awesome mpg's. As for room it's not much.

The HS 250h has more room with a bigger engine but as we all know Lexus discontinued it.

The ES 300h has even more room with an even larger engine and should be sufficient to your needs and wants from a hybrid.
Old 09-12-12, 08:49 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

regarding the room, i didnt find it to be as small as i thought it would be. i had my 5 year old daughter back there and with the seats adjusted similar to my is250, the room was surprisingly similar. i even had an adult ride back there on a lunch break and he thought it was fine. i was sort of surprised they didnt throw the engine from the HS into the CT. I love the low riding position in the CT, when i got back in the IS i felt tall! lol! it will be interesting and fun to pick out our next car...lots of test driving ahead!