CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Ct200h vs other Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 08:59 AM
HybridCT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ct200h vs other Hybrids

Hey guys, im on the market for a Hybrid. I currently own an Infiniti G37s and thats killing me with gas prices. So far ive driven four of them: CT200h, Sonata & Optima and Prius. Theyre all very different from my car and thats to be expected...but im having a difficult time picking which one ill go for. The prius and sonata offered the most for the price, the Lexus was more expensive but thats also to be expected. I noticed the materials are better and i also like the exterior a little more. However, when you want the fully loaded version its becomes expensive. Im not looking for the F model but i want Nav and all gismos. Ive seen that some of you guys were able to get $1000 under invoice, how hard is that to get? Apparently there is a graduate discount? What do you need to do in order to get that? I am looking to lease but the prices was 500+ for the BASE model with sunroof...(way too much for me).
Old 04-29-12, 02:20 PM
Doublade
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really depends on what you want on the car. again you said you want the fancy stuff nav and stuff. What I would recommend is get the bae model with nothing, and then purchase the things after. It would be reasonably cheaper and u can possibly put it in urself. but its all by preference.

One reason why I didnt go with optima or sonata is I trust lexus and toyota engineering more.

I didnt go with the prius because you just cant get any joy out of breaking necks on a prius haha.

gluck with whatever you get!
Old 04-29-12, 02:58 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I decided to go with a Toyota Prius 2011 (trim IV)
It's the one with navigation and leather looking seats.

Your case is different from mine, but since i own an RX 350 as well as a Range Rover.
I was gunning for the maximum mpgs that i can get, and oh boy especially in LA traffic im getting up to 68 city.

So it's all up to you.
hybrids in general are expensive.
I can argue that you can buy a elantra, corolla or even a civic for less than 17000 and still get great milage.
It will take you around 7-15 years to compensate what you paid for buying a hybrid. ( in comparison to any 4 cylinder CE emgine)
Old 04-29-12, 03:43 PM
HybridCT
Driver School Candidate

Well the main reason to go with a Hybrid is because tolls on any express lane will become free...thats a lot of savings. But i also believe i should pay less a month than my fully loaded Infiniti....is that not realistic?
Old 04-29-12, 04:12 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HybridCT
Well the main reason to go with a Hybrid is because tolls on any express lane will become free...thats a lot of savings. But i also believe i should pay less a month than my fully loaded Infiniti....is that not realistic?
You can get the 2012 Prius trim II for less than 24000
Or a Prius C for less than 19,000
Same with a Honda insight, around 18,000

Just dont go crazy with the tech/ add ons or you'll be paying for a car as if you bought a 3 series or a C class.

As ive said, Hybrid cars, although small looking are not cheap
Old 04-29-12, 08:36 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HybridCT
But i also believe i should pay less a month than my fully loaded Infiniti....is that not realistic?
Infiniti HEAVILY subsidizes their lease programs, Lexus generally does not. That said, $500 a month, sounds a bit high. It all depends on the # of years, miles, money factor, down payments, residual, etc.
Old 04-29-12, 10:16 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

if your willing to look at the Sonata or Optima hybrids then you need to check out the Fusion and Camry Hybrids which are worlds better
Old 04-30-12, 12:01 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

if Range is not a concern, i would consider Nissan Leaf.
sticking with a hybrid, the Chevy Volt can hold its own as well.
Old 04-30-12, 04:20 AM
HybridCT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pbm317
Infiniti HEAVILY subsidizes their lease programs, Lexus generally does not. That said, $500 a month, sounds a bit high. It all depends on the # of years, miles, money factor, down payments, residual, etc.
I understand that...my infiniti is not a lease. Which is why im shocked that a lease would be more expensive than a regular loan. The miles would be 12k a year (which i may change to lower if they'll do it), down payment i want either $0 or $1500 max. Ive seen both numbers they were all above $500.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
if your willing to look at the Sonata or Optima hybrids then you need to check out the Fusion and Camry Hybrids which are worlds better
Ive looked at the camry and didnt like it but ill take a look at the ford this week.

Originally Posted by markrivers
if Range is not a concern, i would consider Nissan Leaf.
sticking with a hybrid, the Chevy Volt can hold its own as well.
I would consider the chevy volt, the thing is they need to install the charging unit at my house. I currently live in a condo so that wont work.
Old 04-30-12, 07:33 PM
HybridCT
Driver School Candidate

Im pretty sure the high price is because of the high interest rates they charge for lease. Does anyone know whats the percentage?
Old 05-02-12, 07:09 PM
ACowabunga
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't necessarily rule out the Hyundai just yet because they do have one of the best warranties on the market and do offer a lifetime warranty on their lithium batteries. They've come a long way and can easily outclass their Honda/Toyota rivals. One would definitely get better service at a Lexus dealership but Hyundai does offer good bang for the buck with all of its cars which are styled rather nicely too.
Old 05-29-12, 06:29 PM
FNFZ4
Driver

Lexus is the best Hybrid technology IMHO. I have both a 2012 CT200h and a 2012 Honda Insight