CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT as a loaner car

Old 03-16-12, 02:47 PM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default CT as a loaner car

So we dropped off our car for routine service and asked the SA for a CT as a loaner car because we really wanted to use a hybrid under "real" world driving conditions to see if it really would return the claimed mpg. We previously went on a test drive of the rx450h and during the 10 minutes test drive, the computer said it got something like 16 or 18 mpg, which is a far cry from the claimed 30mpg for fwd. Of course, I do realize that a 10 minute test drive does not reflect "real" world driving conditions where we;re commuting 30-40 miles to work one way. So with that, we asked our SA to get a hybrid to see if it really would get the claimed mpg and so far the CT is getting about 40mpg. I have to say that I am impressed.

Aside from the major blind spot looking over your right shoulder to the rear quarter window and the lack of power, it's a nice little car. The rear quarter winodw might as well not even be there because the rear headrest completely block the whole window rendering it useless.

Also, getting 40mpg comes with an extreme trade off and in this case 0-60 in 9.8 secs really shows. My wife drives a 2002 rx and she might not really notice too much of a difference but I'm coming from a 300 hp car and I can def feel how sluggish the car is. If you can get past that serious drawback, the CT is a good car otherwise.

The fake leather is nice. Interesting though, I wil say, is that it doesn't quite feel like pleather. Some fake leather interiors really try to come as close as possible to real leather but it seems that this has a totally different feel but it is soft and feels good to the touch.

The seats in the CT are nice. It's quite sporty even if the engine can't quite match the theme of the car. They fit nice and snug around you but you're never really going to test the limits because the car is just not going to be able to perform in any way close enough to test the side bolsters.

The interior layout is nice. A little different from Lexus' m.o. but it gets the job done and it works.

The back seat is a little on the smaller side but of course you expected that as it is a small hatchback. You can fit small kids back there but here's no way you're going to get 3 adults in the back. and if you did assuming you had to because you already have someone sitting in the front passenger, I'd hate to drive that thing and try to merge on the freeway because it's going to take you forever and a half to get up to speed and once you do, you better not touch the brakes. Momentum will be your friend at that point.

I find that when I drive the CT, I'm almost always trying to maximize my fuel economy and it seems that I'm more frequently glancing at the fuel comsumption and power draw diagram more than I thought I would. I'm also driving around looking for parking spaces at a speed where the car will go into stealth mode and I'm actually trying to keep it in stealth mode instead of just driving. It seems that I'm a little more conscious about the car with all of the electronic diagrams. Funny how that is.
Old 03-16-12, 04:25 PM
dkidwell
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lift the rear head rest all the way up and it will fold forward out of the way.
Old 03-16-12, 08:44 PM
zmisst
Rookie

Originally Posted by bam
They fit nice and snug around you but you're never really going to test the limits because the car is just not going to be able to perform in any way close enough to test the side bolsters.
That makes no sense. Yes, the car is as slow as a golf cart in a straight line, but the side bolsters have nothing to do with acceleration. ct200h does .86g on skidpad which is pretty decent.
Old 05-13-12, 04:15 PM
FNFZ4
Driver

it was not made to be a ferrari