CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Car Seat in the back of a CT200?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-12, 04:47 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Seat in the back of a CT200?

Who has a car seat in the back of their CT? Does it fit comfortably? Please post some pics if you do. Thanks.

Looking to get my wife a new car with better gas mileage to help her with her daily commute, but we have a Recaro Como Car Seat and it is on the larger side. Trying to get an idea if it will fit or not.
Old 03-13-12, 11:06 PM
j1huynh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interest to know also. I have rear infant car seat britax b-ready... Not sure it will fit.. Arg..
Old 03-14-12, 07:44 AM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

I have the recaro car seat and it fits fine in the back.
Old 03-14-12, 10:12 PM
HerraFrush
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by j1huynh
I am interest to know also. I have rear infant car seat britax b-ready... Not sure it will fit.. Arg..
+1. This might be a deal breaker if a rear facing baby seat doesnt fit.
Old 03-14-12, 11:00 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have two britax convertible seats, the Diplomat and the Boulevard. both are quite large. but i use them forward facing for my 4 and 2 year old boys. i have never used a rear facing in the CT as it would be difficult for us to move the front seats back enough to sit comfortably.

i suppose you could do rear facing in the middle seat, but the middle is pretty small so i think a larger infant carrier or rear facing seat would still limit your front seat leg room. for the record, once the two seats are in, you cannot fit another person in the middle as the seats are really wide.

here is a picture of them in the car. i removed the head rests because the top of the seats go above the seat back height. i am 5-7 and that is where my drivers seat is relative to the seat. my husband is 6-0 and moves it back a few more inches when he drives but it's fine. our 2 year old sits behind the driver seat.
Attached Thumbnails Car Seat in the back of a CT200?-img_2217.jpg  
Old 03-16-12, 07:53 AM
beeZbreezy
Driver School Candidate

i have a britax convertible boulevard 70 that i just bought for my baby. still rear-facing and fits well. i am 5'9 by the way
Old 03-16-12, 10:33 AM
HerraFrush
Driver

You think a rear facing seat on one side and a travel system stroller in the trunk with the seat folded down on the other side is out of the question?
Old 03-16-12, 10:56 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HerraFrush
You think a rear facing seat on one side and a travel system stroller in the trunk with the seat folded down on the other side is out of the question?
that is doable. we have a peg perego Pliko P3 that we used as a travel system stroller when our kids were babies. the stroller folds up umbrella style but is a little too long to fit in the trunk without some sort of adjustment. with one seat folded down you can do it. the question is the rear facing and how tall the person sitting in front of the seat is.

when we had an infant carrier rear facing, i had a small audi A4 and pretty much only i could be in front of the baby. my husband at 6-0 couldn't move the seat back enough to be comfortable. the CT has similar legroom.

i got sick of the Peg after a while and got a City Mini which isn't umbrella style but folds in half at the seat and also fits in the CT trunk. so i would imagine some other style travel system strollers (like Graco and Chico maybe) that fold in the same manner would be fine.

the dealers are well aware of the space limitations and are happy to have you install a seat and test out your stroller to see how it fits.
Old 03-16-12, 09:21 PM
HerraFrush
Driver

Originally Posted by lexuslover
that is doable. we have a peg perego Pliko P3 that we used as a travel system stroller when our kids were babies. the stroller folds up umbrella style but is a little too long to fit in the trunk without some sort of adjustment. with one seat folded down you can do it. the question is the rear facing and how tall the person sitting in front of the seat is.

when we had an infant carrier rear facing, i had a small audi A4 and pretty much only i could be in front of the baby. my husband at 6-0 couldn't move the seat back enough to be comfortable. the CT has similar legroom.

i got sick of the Peg after a while and got a City Mini which isn't umbrella style but folds in half at the seat and also fits in the CT trunk. so i would imagine some other style travel system strollers (like Graco and Chico maybe) that fold in the same manner would be fine.

the dealers are well aware of the space limitations and are happy to have you install a seat and test out your stroller to see how it fits.
Thanks for the great post!
Old 03-22-12, 10:51 AM
elmo112
Driver School Candidate

Default Test drove with Britax carseat

Went for a test drive with the Britax Chaperone rear facing and didnt have any trouble, however, we didn't use the base. If we used the base the seats would have to be moved up more. My husband is 5'8 and I'm 5 foot, so obviously i didnt have any issue, but his seat was right up against the seat. The stroller we have b-ready would not fit in the back as it does not fold like an umbrella, so this car will be used when we go for trips not needing the stroller attachment, but the cheapy umbrella strollers will have no problem in the trunk. I like the car a lot, thinking of purchasing it in the next week.
Old 05-13-12, 04:13 PM
FNFZ4
Driver

nice seats... I think its a neat car. put some towels between the seat and the child seat incase you know what....