Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > CT 200h Model
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

drag race: CT200h vs Prius

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-12, 01:59 AM   #16
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
aznxenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 878
Send a message via AIM to aznxenon
Default

You know, my brother test drove the CT and he said it's pretty fast. (and for your reference he drives the E92 M3)
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________


2003 Honda S2000
2000 Lexus GS400
aznxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 05:00 AM   #17
jimmyc13
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 336
Default

Fast? No..peppy I think is more accurate.
jimmyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 04:20 AM   #18
Tom59
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ct
Posts: 264
Default

Well, nothing against your brother but his car ain't runnin right. (m3) or his mind isn't. It's not even quick. It is though really good on gas and fun to drive. I love the steering radius it's a blast in parking lots. Zip into places all the time.

More like pappy......not peppy.

This is the classic turtle vs the hare except we have two turtles.
Tom59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 10:15 AM   #19
jimmyc13
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom59 View Post
More like pappy......not peppy.
What's pappy?
jimmyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 08:22 PM   #20
prosperity
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Default Pocket Rocket

There has rarely been so such debate over the acceleration and general performance of a car as the CT. I've been driving my partner's CT for about six months, and recently drove it on a trip of about 1,200km.

If I ever had any doubts about the competence of the CT they were well and truly laid to rest. Driving on Australian country roads, which are often not the best, can demand good acceleration to overtake when a safe opportunity arises. The little CT blasted past all and sundry like a pocket rocket. Needless to say, the handling and comfort of the car was terrific, and fuel economy was a given. As an aside, I definitely found it an advantage to be in Sport mode prior to a need for optimum performance.

Over the course of this trip, my partner's CT so endeared itself to me that I have now traded my IS250 for my own CT, arriving in February. I'm getting an f Sport in Flame Blue, which will no doubt approach the performance of an LFA.
prosperity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 11:05 PM   #21
Matt_RN
Banned for Life
Trader Score: (3)
 
Matt_RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 617
matt.tom matt_tom matttom Matt_Tom_RN Matt_Tom_RN Matt_RN
Send a message via AIM to Matt_RN
Default

Well. I raced against a Prius at the track and I lost x3. I forget by how much. I also have leather in my car (heavier) and also 19" single-piece wheels (lighter than stock BUT without eco, low-rolling resistance tires).

Video is on YouTube somewhere.
__________________
Matt
------------------------------------------------------
2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian


Matt_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 08:15 AM   #22
Tom59
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ct
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyc13 View Post
What's pappy?
It's what kids call their grandfathers.......
Tom59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 08:19 AM   #23
Tom59
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ct
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_RN View Post
Well. I raced against a Prius at the track and I lost x3. I forget by how much. I also have leather in my car (heavier) and also 19" single-piece wheels (lighter than stock BUT without eco, low-rolling resistance tires).

Video is on YouTube somewhere.
You should go to the skip barber driving school then. Drivers are THE most important aspect.
Tom59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 10:06 AM   #24
jimmyc13
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom59 View Post
It's what kids call their grandfathers.......
Ahhh, got it, that one went over my head, good one! I would have thought that was Papi, but it can be spelled either way.
jimmyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 02:26 PM   #25
WadeLovell
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 581
Default

Tortoise vs. Turtle? Which is faster? You must mean, which is less slow. Drag race? LMAO.
WadeLovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 11:42 AM   #26
gpunkt
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austria
Posts: 23
Default

The prius sounds loud AND like an old sewing machine during full acceleration.

The CT200h is loud too, but the sewing machine noise is not there.
gpunkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 03:50 PM   #27
Matt_RN
Banned for Life
Trader Score: (3)
 
Matt_RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 617
matt.tom matt_tom matttom Matt_Tom_RN Matt_Tom_RN Matt_RN
Send a message via AIM to Matt_RN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom59 View Post
You should go to the skip barber driving school then. Drivers are THE most important aspect.
I did have a faster reaction time though...=[
__________________
Matt
------------------------------------------------------
2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian


Matt_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 01:22 PM   #28
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
markrivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperity View Post
There has rarely been so such debate over the acceleration and general performance of a car as the CT. I've been driving my partner's CT for about six months, and recently drove it on a trip of about 1,200km.

If I ever had any doubts about the competence of the CT they were well and truly laid to rest. Driving on Australian country roads, which are often not the best, can demand good acceleration to overtake when a safe opportunity arises. The little CT blasted past all and sundry like a pocket rocket. Needless to say, the handling and comfort of the car was terrific, and fuel economy was a given. As an aside, I definitely found it an advantage to be in Sport mode prior to a need for optimum performance.

Over the course of this trip, my partner's CT so endeared itself to me that I have now traded my IS250 for my own CT, arriving in February. I'm getting an f Sport in Flame Blue, which will no doubt approach the performance of an LFA.
they're both Lexus so i don't think you'll go wrong with either car.
and i completely understand the switch. having a Range and a Lexus never prevented me from admiring the wife's Prius IV, especially during LA traffic
markrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 05:47 PM   #29
caymandive
11 Second Club
Trader Score: (1)
 
caymandive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: N.Va
Posts: 3,841
Default

If anyone in the N.VA area with a CT wants to run against my 06 Prius, let me know.
__________________
08 Ultrasonic Blue IS-F 11.87@119.63mph
Current Mods: SIKKY Headers / Borla Exhaust / BC Racing Coilovers (403whp Dynojet)
06 Prius
caymandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 05:57 AM   #30
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
GenozWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 40
Default

the one with the biggest bottle of NOS wins and takes it all.

in all seriousness, 200 lbs difference is a factor, but that can be displaced by drag coefficiency.
is the CT slip thru the air better than the prius?
GenozWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 05:57 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
car, club, ct, ct200, ct200h, drag, front, lexus, lip, nj, prius, race, racing, sale, spoiler, toms

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA Coilovers SEXC SC400 / 300 Classifieds 5 03-21-13 02:54 PM
..................... 3jz SC 400/300 1 03-17-13 05:40 PM
CA WTB: Aftermarket Items infate 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 46 01-19-13 06:31 PM
Flowers anyone? bnlexus Digital Photography 0 01-03-13 07:21 AM
Wrong forum dre484 IS - Second Generation 2 09-07-12 05:34 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info