CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT 200h F Sport Makes a chirping sound from the front left side.

Old 11-23-11, 05:40 PM
myCT200h
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT 200h F Sport Makes a chirping sound from the front left side.

I own this car for only 2 weeks, im starting to hear weird noises out of it. A Brand new lexus should never be like this.
The problem : a chirping sound , like a bird or a mouse noise are coming from what appears to be the front left side of the car driving at high speed around 75-80mph. I can hear it with the windows up and no radio. Does anyone have any of this problem? I'm bring it back to the dealer to have it look at.

Also, regenerating brake. It makes a really noticable high frequency pitch tone when you break, is this normal? Its like the sound you hear when ur ear suddenly get a really loud noise impact that u can only hear that high pitch noise and nothing else.

Anyone have this problem also?
Old 11-24-11, 05:23 AM
jngjng
Driver School Candidate

No chirping or brake noise from my CT. But I remember that I had some weird chirping noise in my old Honda Civic. It turns out that it was the inside interior trim rubbing against the hatch back side window. If you open your driver door window slightly does the noise go away? Maybe the window trim or the dash edge is rubbing against the window or the windshield glass?
Old 11-24-11, 07:41 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Chirping sound up front, no, not normal. Take it in to the dealer & take the service tech for a ride on the highway.

Regen braking sound, yes, that's normal.
Old 11-24-11, 08:02 AM
myCT200h
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for the replies.

I checked out the chirping noise. I created the same noise when i run my finger nails on the brake rotor. I think there has to be an issue with something that is rubbing against it when i'm driving most likely now. The regeneration brakes, this is very disturbing when you dont have your stereo on.
Old 11-25-11, 12:51 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe you hit a bird......any feathers?
Old 11-30-11, 07:39 PM
myCT200h
Driver School Candidate

Failure @ Lexus dealer. They claimed that the loud high pitch noise is normal...and LEXUS PROMOTED QUIETNESS?

Failure at hearing the chirping, i hear it so clearly.
took the tech out for a ride and he claims he didnt hear anything.

There has to be a better solution for this rather than relying on people that doesnt want to fix your car for free because you just bought it. I'm regreting buying a Lexus.
Old 12-01-11, 05:49 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Were you in the car with him? Mine does not chirp....or make any loud pitched noises. No-way would I except that call a representative. Did you fill out your survey yet, that gets some attention , trust me.
Old 12-04-11, 09:18 AM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

My does the chirping noise too with the Fsport springs. Unfortunately for me i doubt warranty would cover it since i installed it myself. I did go back and recheck everything and re-look at the instruction Manuel to see did i miss anything, but i didn't. I am just as puzzled as you with the chirping noise. My chirping noise wasnt coming do to any rubbing issue. Good luck if you find out anything on it.
Old 12-04-11, 05:13 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bring it in to my dealer this week....PM me! -Marc
Old 12-05-11, 04:54 PM
jettie1767
Pole Position

Originally Posted by myCT200h
I own this car for only 2 weeks, im starting to hear weird noises out of it. A Brand new lexus should never be like this.
The problem : a chirping sound , like a bird or a mouse noise are coming from what appears to be the front left side of the car driving at high speed around 75-80mph. I can hear it with the windows up and no radio. Does anyone have any of this problem? I'm bring it back to the dealer to have it look at.

Also, regenerating brake. It makes a really noticable high frequency pitch tone when you break, is this normal? Its like the sound you hear when ur ear suddenly get a really loud noise impact that u can only hear that high pitch noise and nothing else.

Anyone have this problem also?
The whirring noise when braking is normal. My old Prius did that and so does my HS250h.
Old 12-06-11, 06:37 PM
myCT200h
Driver School Candidate

thanks everyone for your input.
My work schedule is so crazy that I only have pretty much the weekend off.
I'm still trying to figure out what to do exactly.
I did filled out the survey.
@tsopranoMB . If you look at this, do you charge for diagnostics or something?

I can understand the regenerating brake high pitch noise. But the chirping scares me. I'm so surprised that they failed to notice the noise. the constant noise sound every 5 to 10 seconds.
I'll address this issue again on my first service at 5k miles. Its coming soon. My calculated mileage per year is 40k.
Old 12-07-11, 06:02 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Exclamation

Originally Posted by myCT200h
thanks everyone for your input.
My work schedule is so crazy that I only have pretty much the weekend off.
I'm still trying to figure out what to do exactly.
I did filled out the survey.
@tsopranoMB . If you look at this, do you charge for diagnostics or something?

I can understand the regenerating brake high pitch noise. But the chirping scares me. I'm so surprised that they failed to notice the noise. the constant noise sound every 5 to 10 seconds.
I'll address this issue again on my first service at 5k miles. Its coming soon. My calculated mileage per year is 40k.

No charge, its a brand new car under warranty....

I could arrange for the shop manager to look at it on a saturday..we offer appointments 8am-2pm...with a loaner car

PM me...
Old 12-17-11, 07:19 AM
myCT200h
Driver School Candidate

Update:

I believe I have found the issue. The chirping noise is generated by the wind that thru the side view mirror. After numerous tests at different speed ( i do all this by myself, no thanks to lexus dealer), I found that somehow the sideview mirror on the driver side was making those noise when the car hit the 75mph+ wind speed. Sometimes when I hit a wind gust even at 60+ it makes that noise also. I test this out multiple times by fold in the mirror while driving, and confirm that the noise gone. I am not sure how to fix this issue now, since there there seems to be NOTHING wrong with the side mirror, I was thinking of wrapping some rubber band on the the small tiny gap where the mirror is attached to the base. What do you think? I am at this point 98% sure about this case, since at low speed, I never hear the chirping.

@vtsopranoMB

I'm glad that there are people like you out there that is really trying to help others and appreciate your gesture. But I think your location is a bit out of my way for now, I will have to bring my car back to the dealer I bought it from "Ray Catena" and have them look at it next week for my 5k service, since I bought the prepaid maintenance package from them.
Old 12-17-11, 05:44 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

interesting...keep us updated what Ray Catena says when you go next week

BTW, you can service your car at any dealer, the prepaid maintenance is good at any lexus dealer
Old 01-21-12, 06:20 PM
myCT200h
Driver School Candidate

I finally got a chance to bring the car back. The car is now at 10k miles. I told them about the noise, the tech said he drove it for 20 minutes but heard nothing. I don't know what sound he was looking for, but for me, I drive the car at least 3 hours a day, I hear it everyday. Not constantly but I still hear it,

Anyways, they offered to have another look at it when they have the "LEXUS Engineer" visiting them in a couple of weeks. I am at this point will just suck it up, live with it. To me its not a big deal as I most of the time have music playing.

I've owned 3 brand new cars in my life. The 2 previous cars were Acura. And I never once had any issues, I thought I tried Lexus because I love the way the CT look and its mpg.

Won't buy another Lexus, or at least a car that just recently came out.