CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Consumer Reports Best New Car in Dependability

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-11, 04:59 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Consumer Reports Best New Car in Dependability

Congratulations CT drivers on the recognition from Consumer Reports yesterday as the Best New Car in dependability. Lexus is always near the top of their ratings.
Old 10-30-11, 08:08 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes this is quite amazing for a brand new model!!!!
Old 10-30-11, 01:50 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Excellent news!
Old 10-30-11, 03:19 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

That is awesome news especially that the CTh is a first year model. It's a great car for what it is. Loving it everyday...
Old 11-08-11, 04:14 PM
Lexus_girl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait till I can get back into a Lexus....never had any issues and love the look of the CT
Old 11-09-11, 05:07 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Did they actually give the car best new car in reliability or they based it on future reliability? I know they are well built I just have issues with consumer reports.

They should at least give us the model of the crystal ball they use.

Most just like hearing their particular car is rated high and never question the rating. Well CR has some seriously flawed ratings, I know that as FACT. But, for what it's worth I believe this car will be reliable even without a crystal ball.
Old 11-09-11, 11:01 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I second that, but only with the knowledge that the drivetrain in the CT has been tested, built, and improved upon over the last 10 years in the Prius. You can't beat Lexus quality! That's why I bought my CT!
Old 11-09-11, 11:06 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
Did they actually give the car best new car in reliability or they based it on future reliability? I know they are well built I just have issues with consumer reports.

They should at least give us the model of the crystal ball they use.

Most just like hearing their particular car is rated high and never question the rating. Well CR has some seriously flawed ratings, I know that as FACT. But, for what it's worth I believe this car will be reliable even without a crystal ball.
CR overall still has the best ratings in the industry... not perfect but still probably the best.
Old 11-09-11, 11:38 AM
Rhizzlebop
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like this little car and am strongly considering one.

Anyone done some research or aome analysis on the issues with possible repairs?

I'm not big on taking my car to the dealer for work. I'm more a fan of replace a part myself. Is that possible with a car like this?

Also, is regular dealer service required?

And the big one, the batteries. How long are people getting with these batteries? I assume they are the same as the prius. Are they lasting 100K? More? Less? I know a new set is a few K. However I hear some who buy them from the junk yard for a few hundred. Any thoughts?

Lastly, the unveiling video in another thread said that the hybrid system had an 8 year 100K warranty. I thought this car is listed as having a 5 year 70K warranty.

Which is correct? I live in South Carolina.
Old 11-10-11, 08:31 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop
I really like this little car and am strongly considering one.

Anyone done some research or aome analysis on the issues with possible repairs?

I'm not big on taking my car to the dealer for work. I'm more a fan of replace a part myself. Is that possible with a car like this?

Also, is regular dealer service required?

And the big one, the batteries. How long are people getting with these batteries? I assume they are the same as the prius. Are they lasting 100K? More? Less? I know a new set is a few K. However I hear some who buy them from the junk yard for a few hundred. Any thoughts?

Lastly, the unveiling video in another thread said that the hybrid system had an 8 year 100K warranty. I thought this car is listed as having a 5 year 70K warranty.

Which is correct? I live in South Carolina.
Go to Lexus.com and look through the specs all your answers are there. The warranty is seperated. Batteries, bumper to bumper and drive train iirc. The batteries are lasting well past what they initially thought they would.
They give you free service for awhile too. I wouldn't worry about replacing any parts for a long- long while. There is a thread in here on this cars rather cheap maintenance.

Anyone can replace parts with enough knowledge......I do 99% of my own work but as I age I'm liking it less and less.