CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

My new '12 F-Sport SE - Starfire Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 12:35 PM
dannykcha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new '12 F-Sport SE - Starfire Pearl

Picked this up late last week as soon as it was delivered to Tustin Lexus from the port w/ 7 whole miles on the odometer. Hahah.

Here's a pic I took this morning with my phone. Only thing I did so far was get tint put on, but have a few little things coming in the next week or so. =)

Options were:
- Premium Sound
- F-Sport Special Edition
- LED Headlights.
MRSP: $40,085 (definitely not what I paid though)

More pictures to come later after a few more things are added!

Old 10-24-11, 01:07 PM
Darienlim
Driver

Congrats! Very nice! How I envy you getting LED lights with the SE!
Old 10-24-11, 01:53 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Great looking car!!
Old 10-24-11, 02:40 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats, mine will be home this week......what kinda of break you get on the pricing. PM me is you would like to answer in private or not at all is fine. I just would like some ammo for my car-

That color in the sun is gorgeous......
Old 10-24-11, 03:50 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations on your CT F-Sport SE. Looks great.
Old 10-24-11, 04:06 PM
dannykcha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tom59
Congrats, mine will be home this week......what kinda of break you get on the pricing. PM me is you would like to answer in private or not at all is fine. I just would like some ammo for my car-

That color in the sun is gorgeous......
You should see the Ocean Blue NuLuxe seats in the sun! Amazing..... Mostly looks black, but in the sun, you can see it glisten with a slight hint of deep blue. A lot more subtle than the description led me to believe.

As for the pricing, some dealers I talked to say that they couldn't do much at all since the car is very limited, and blah blah blah. But after negotiating back-and-forth for a few days with a few dealers, I was able to get it from $40k ($40,085/exact) down to approx. $37,500.

So if they tell you its limited and they can't do much, its partially true since the F-Sports SE's are limited to only 1/900, but you can use another dealer's offer as a bargaining chip and have them fight for your business. (I probably went back-and-forth with each dealer about 15-20 at the very least. Mostly through e-mail) You won't be able to knock off as much as say a regular CT200h w/ the F-Sport package, but there is definitely room to negotiate.

FYI, the descriptions online and elsewhere say that the SE F-Sport Tumi luggage set is delivered separately, but what they mean by that is that the dealer gets it separately from the car. Regardless, the luggage is at the dealer when the car is there, so don't forget to ask for it before you leave! I almost did, but luckily the salesman ran out to my car before I left with luggage in hand!! The luggage is AMAZING! I'm actually using the backpack as we speak! Little heavy, but you'll know why after you see the quality of it.

I'm getting about 50+mpg going to/from work (included freeways/highways)!! Its pretty damn slow, but I say that its because all the money I'm saving is slowing me down! =)
Old 10-25-11, 05:58 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dannykcha
You should see the Ocean Blue NuLuxe seats in the sun! Amazing..... Mostly looks black, but in the sun, you can see it glisten with a slight hint of deep blue. A lot more subtle than the description led me to believe.

As for the pricing, some dealers I talked to say that they couldn't do much at all since the car is very limited, and blah blah blah. But after negotiating back-and-forth for a few days with a few dealers, I was able to get it from $40k ($40,085/exact) down to approx. $37,500.

So if they tell you its limited and they can't do much, its partially true since the F-Sports SE's are limited to only 1/900, but you can use another dealer's offer as a bargaining chip and have them fight for your business. (I probably went back-and-forth with each dealer about 15-20 at the very least. Mostly through e-mail) You won't be able to knock off as much as say a regular CT200h w/ the F-Sport package, but there is definitely room to negotiate.

FYI, the descriptions online and elsewhere say that the SE F-Sport Tumi luggage set is delivered separately, but what they mean by that is that the dealer gets it separately from the car. Regardless, the luggage is at the dealer when the car is there, so don't forget to ask for it before you leave! I almost did, but luckily the salesman ran out to my car before I left with luggage in hand!! The luggage is AMAZING! I'm actually using the backpack as we speak! Little heavy, but you'll know why after you see the quality of it.

I'm getting about 50+mpg going to/from work (included freeways/highways)!! Its pretty damn slow, but I say that its because all the money I'm saving is slowing me down! =)
I only have one other dealer anywhere near us. I will ask though mine was ordered so I'm in a bind now I imagine. I will still ask , then demand , then back off the deal , then see ...I am prepared to pay full boat , just never have before.

Oh well....we shall see. I like the art of negotiating. I always know more about a vehicle than whoever is selling me it. Including invoice.....this time I wanted to get exactly what I wanted. 1 of 900 made me even more interested.

As for the luggage I believe some got theirs directly from Tumi .....who knows. Maybe they caught up making it and now ship direct to dealers. Or your dealer is special or you got lucky. I am not overly excited about luggage I just bought new luggage a couple yrs ago....blue too.
Old 10-25-11, 07:53 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

Those are the best wheels Lexus has ever designed.

Congrats man!
Old 10-25-11, 08:32 AM
Francis
Pole Position

Congrats! You knock down $2.5k for SE? Wow!

Last edited by Francis; 10-26-11 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-25-11, 12:49 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alucard
Those are the best wheels Lexus has ever designed.

Congrats man!
5 Axis designed the wheels iirc off the concept for sema.
Old 10-25-11, 02:28 PM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice! Damn, that's a cell phone pic? I gotta get me a phone like that!
Old 10-25-11, 06:09 PM
Cepfire
Driver School Candidate

Congrats, i also picked up my Starfire Pearl F-Sport from Crown Lexus in Ontario, CA

Trying for a better price, we used the Costco buying program then worked the dealers

Love the F-Sport CT
Old 10-25-11, 06:11 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pick up, congrats!
Old 10-25-11, 09:29 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
5 Axis designed the wheels iirc off the concept for sema.
Actually it came from the LF-Ch concept car that Five Axis built for Lexus:

LF-Ch Concept @ NAIAS 2010:

Troy Sumitomo of Five Axis and the CT F Sport Concept - SEMA 2010. 18" wheels were used for this:
Old 10-26-11, 01:28 AM
JDMwhitect
Driver School Candidate

hey Flipside909
Do you know about those spring? look very low with 18" CT F Sport Concept

Quick Reply: My new '12 F-Sport SE - Starfire Pearl