DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-11, 01:58 PM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Ocean Blue NuLuxe:

Interesting... The door inserts don't have the Ocean Blue, just the seats.
Old 10-29-11, 08:37 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Those seats unless in direct sunlight don't look like this picture. The panels have a aluminum trim. When you see the seats out of direct sunlight the blue is very subtle and imho gorgeous. I don't think they could reproduce this color in trim pieces.

Really nice touch. Honestly you must see them to get a grasp of the color. It is iridescent like....the sun plays with the color. They can look black or a nice deep blue or this color all at once.
Old 10-29-11, 09:25 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I purposely took the picture with flash to show the color, otherwise it would just look like a plain black. Its difficult for a camera to capture the color shift of Ocean Blue. Really nice color in my opinion!
Old 11-01-11, 12:38 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Test drove the CT F-Sport SE yesterday... I have to say I'm pretty impressed by it. Handling was tight, better than my SC and the acceleration wasn't too shabby at all (going onto the freeway with 70+ MPH traffic, I merged with no issues at all (in normal or sport mode). Eco mode I felt like I would get honked at at every stop light because it had little to no throttle response unless I mashed it (need to play with it a little more...). I'm shopping around for full coverage insurance on the car... I drive A LOT (putting about 300 miles give or take a week) so insurance might be sky high and also be the deciding factor of whether it's a smart move to get the car now.
Old 11-01-11, 01:12 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by flipside909
I purposely took the picture with flash to show the color, otherwise it would just look like a plain black. Its difficult for a camera to capture the color shift of Ocean Blue. Really nice color in my opinion!
That picture honestly gave me second thoughts on this car. I said ugh.......so without seeing them people will also imo get that same impression.

The seats are gorgeous - and again they don't look like that unless you use flash on your camera.
Again door panels in nuluxe blue would not make sense once you see the color you'd understand. Which was my initial point to the poster.

They match the rest of the interior , black. Blue nuluxe is like a carbon black without bright direct sunlight on them.
Old 11-01-11, 01:23 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
Test drove the CT F-Sport SE yesterday... I have to say I'm pretty impressed by it. Handling was tight, better than my SC and the acceleration wasn't too shabby at all (going onto the freeway with 70+ MPH traffic, I merged with no issues at all (in normal or sport mode). Eco mode I felt like I would get honked at at every stop light because it had little to no throttle response unless I mashed it (need to play with it a little more...). I'm shopping around for full coverage insurance on the car... I drive A LOT (putting about 300 miles give or take a week) so insurance might be sky high and also be the deciding factor of whether it's a smart move to get the car now.
Insurance for me was fine, but its our third car. It has everything insurance companies like ten airbags, a feature to find the car if its stolen , an alarm system. SOS button.
Its not a hot rod......

Eco mode is for , well, I'm not sure what it is for ..I keep mine in normal mostly.

300miles a week this thing would save you money in gas , bigtime. Especially city driving.
Old 11-01-11, 04:54 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

^ Which is exactly why I'm looking at this car. I love it!

I'd only use eco in stop and go traffic or in a parking lot, etc. I personally feel it is way weak even in city traffic as I feel i have to press on the gas hard which kicks in the petrol engine anyhow. This is going to be my 2nd car and also I drive mostly highway/freeway with stop n go traffic.

I haven't had any accidents recently (last one was not my fault which was 2 years ago and I had 1 accident 4 years ago which was partially my fault) and no speeding tickets. I need to shop insurance some more.

Without sunlight/bright light, you cannot really see the ocean blue color on it. It is very nice IMO. The feel of NuLuxe is pretty nice too.
Old 11-02-11, 04:42 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

^ Which is exactly why I'm looking at this car. I love it!

I'd only use eco in stop and go traffic or in a parking lot, etc. I personally feel it is way weak even in city traffic as I feel i have to press on the gas hard which kicks in the petrol engine anyhow. This is going to be my 2nd car and also I drive mostly highway/freeway with stop n go traffic.

I haven't had any accidents recently (last one was not my fault which was 2 years ago and I had 1 accident 4 years ago which was partially my fault) and no speeding tickets. I need to shop insurance some more.

Without sunlight/bright light, you cannot really see the ocean blue color on it. It is very nice IMO. The feel of NuLuxe is pretty nice too.
The feel of it is the wildest thing , it feels like material , very different stuff for sure. Very comfy too. Heated seats work well through it too, better than leather imo.
Old 11-02-11, 09:47 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
Heated seats work well through it too, better than leather imo.
They sure do! I only use my heat setting on 1/2 way, have yet to turn up higher than that in the AM.
Old 11-02-11, 12:05 PM
portishead
Driver School Candidate

Test drove the CT F-Sport SE yesterday...
Are you in LA? Where did you test drive an F-Sport. I want to do this myself. Thanks!
Old 11-07-11, 05:23 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

They actually have a few F-Sport SEs through out the LA County area. I test drove mine at Lexus of Santa Monica. I believe Longo Lexus has one and so does Lexus of Glendale. Hope this helps!

I still really want to pick one up but need to see if it's a financially viable decision given my current job situation (freelance and my industry is slow during the fall/winter season).
Old 11-08-11, 09:59 AM
portishead
Driver School Candidate

They actually have a few F-Sport SEs through out the LA County area. I test drove mine at Lexus of Santa Monica.
Weak, they only had a 2011 for me to drive there, and he wouldn't let me get on the freeway. Not really impressed with that dealership.
Old 11-08-11, 07:42 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

^ But did they have the actual F- Sport SE?
Old 11-09-11, 10:04 AM
portishead
Driver School Candidate

^ But did they have the actual F- Sport SE?
They did, but it was in the showroom. I think it was starfire pearl. They must have sold it, I didn't see it there this weekend.
Old 11-21-11, 12:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

They actually have a few F-Sport SEs through out the LA County area. I test drove mine at Lexus of Santa Monica. I believe Longo Lexus has one and so does Lexus of Glendale. Hope this helps!

I still really want to pick one up but need to see if it's a financially viable decision given my current job situation (freelance and my industry is slow during the fall/winter season).
Longo had a Tungsten Pearl & Nebula Gray Pearl when I was there earlier today.

Quick Reply: DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition