CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

F sport vs regular

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-12, 05:59 AM
jaslapp1
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F sport vs regular

Hey everyone! I'm thinking about getting a ct. I test drove one the other day and I really enjoyed it. I'm thinking about getting the F sport since it would match my F. What do you guys think about the F sport vs regular model?
Old 12-24-12, 08:06 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of threads on this already ......
Old 12-24-12, 01:41 PM
bsmoov
Rookie

I have an F-Sport...uhhhhhhhhh

It's nice to have if you're gonna leave it stock. That way people WILL know its an F-Sport and the differences between it and a base/premium will be noticeable.

If you're going to mod it, I would get a base/premium. I mean, I like my car, but I regret not getting the base/non F sport. Why???

Well, what's the point of having F-Sport wheels if you're going to go with aftermarket 2 piece wheels? What's the point of F-Sport suspension/dampening if you're going to go with adjustable coilovers? The chassis/body is EXACTLY the same.

F-Sport doesn't utilize a different bumper, it has the same one as the non F.

IMO you're paying more for 2 things:

1.) Mesh front/lower grill (which you can easily buy and swap out and look exactly like an F sport)
2.) Fender emblems (which you can also easily buy and swap out and look exactly like an F sport)

Other parts don't matter as you're most likely going to swap them out anyway. I'm not even counting the F-Sport steering wheel because its the same damn steering wheel just with a small F-Sport emblem on it. And the shift **** is the same damn shift ****, but with perforated leather. WOW...

I love my car though, it was just a waste of money IMO opting for the F-Sport...
Old 12-24-12, 02:17 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Two colors, Ultrasonic Blue and Ultra White, are only available with the FSport package. So if color matters, you may be forced to get that package.

Also, the FSport package includes the larger rear spoiler, door sill plates, sport pedals, black nulux interior and a black headliner... so... there are a few differences. The package is only $1000. If you chose to sell the wheels when/if you upgraded, you could recoup half of that, if not more. So, are all of the other items i listed, plus the front bumper, grills, and emblems, worth $500 bucks?
Old 12-24-12, 06:46 PM
bsmoov
Rookie

Originally Posted by RTIS250
Two colors, Ultrasonic Blue and Ultra White, are only available with the FSport package. So if color matters, you may be forced to get that package.

Also, the FSport package includes the larger rear spoiler, door sill plates, sport pedals, black nulux interior and a black headliner... so... there are a few differences. The package is only $1000. If you chose to sell the wheels when/if you upgraded, you could recoup half of that, if not more. So, are all of the other items i listed, plus the front bumper, grills, and emblems, worth $500 bucks?
Ultrasonic Blue and Ultra White are only available in the F-Sport SE package (which includes even more stuff such as lowering springs/sways/trident wheels/etc.) The Special Edition is wayyy more than $1000. In matter of fact the "regular" F-Sport appearance package is $1500 if I recall correctly.

The front bumper is the SAME. I don't know why you mentioned the front bumper. So in your theory only grills and emblems are worth $500 bucks? actually more like is it worth $1000 bucks? HELL NO!!!

A lot of people have upgraded to the F-Sport Mesh grills on the cheap through sewell or other sources. The emblems can be bought any where for dumb cheap. In all honesty, I can buy a base/premium swap out the regular grills for mesh ones and get 2 fender emblems and line them up exactly with double sided tape and BAMMM, there you go a F-Sport appearance mod for damn less than $1500.

And yes, I sold my F-Sport Wheels. I had a hard time selling it and it didn't go for much. Do you realize the F-Sport appearance package wheels are the same wheels as the base/premium wheels, just with a charcoal/metallic coating??? That's really hard to sell. In matter of fact, theoretically someone can just paint/or rattle can/or powder coat their OEM wheels the same color and BAMMM you got yourself a F-Sport appearance wheel set.

I'm sorry. It's literally a rip off. Now if it had ACTUAL DIFFERENCES from the base/non F counterpart, it might be worth it. Maybe if they had a different/more aggressive front bumper (like Canada's version), a different steering wheel (not the same exact one and just slap an emblem on it), a different roof spoiler (CMON REALLY, DON'T KID YOURSELF...THE F-SPORT SPOILER IS LIKE A COUPLE CENTIMETERS LONGER, IF THAT. AND ITS THE EXACT SAME STYLE. YOU CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE), Wheels that are F-Sport specific (not the same damn wheels in a darker finish-Now the SE had the right idea with the tridents), a sportier suspension that can actually pass that it's lower (not F-Sport dampers and spring rates that lower a couple centimeters lower than its counterpart where you can stick your fist in the fender gap-now the SE had the right idea, but those lowering springs aren't that much lower either)...worth it??? To me, NO.

I got negotiated into the F-Sport. I wanted the base model, but the price negotiations were stagnant and hard to get good discounts as it was the least expensive with the smallest mark up. I left. Came back and the base was sold and there was a F-Sport on the lot. Sticker price was $36k goddd damn that was expensive compared to 29-30ish K, just with some BS stuff that basically looked the exact same as the non F.

I wasn't budging. It was at night. It was the end of the month. I had 15k cash in my pocket. I rode my rode bike to the dealer because my BMW got rear ended. I was ready to buy and they basically gave me my F-Sport for about the base/non F sport price. That's how I ended up in mine. Not complaining, but is it worth it for someone to pay for a F-Sport??? NO, IMO it isn't worth the price of admission.

Look at my car, if I took my fender emblems off (like I did to the hybrid emblems on the side) you wouldn't be able to tell it was a F-Sport. Honestly.

People wont even believe my car is a hybrid by looking at it since I took off the blue Hybrid emblem...

Last edited by bsmoov; 12-24-12 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-25-12, 01:43 AM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bsmoov
Ultrasonic Blue and Ultra White are only available in the F-Sport SE package (which includes even more stuff such as lowering springs/sways/trident wheels/etc.) The Special Edition is wayyy more than $1000. In matter of fact the "regular" F-Sport appearance package is $1500 if I recall correctly.

The front bumper is the SAME. I don't know why you mentioned the front bumper. So in your theory only grills and emblems are worth $500 bucks? actually more like is it worth $1000 bucks? HELL NO!!!

A lot of people have upgraded to the F-Sport Mesh grills on the cheap through sewell or other sources. The emblems can be bought any where for dumb cheap. In all honesty, I can buy a base/premium swap out the regular grills for mesh ones and get 2 fender emblems and line them up exactly with double sided tape and BAMMM, there you go a F-Sport appearance mod for damn less than $1500.

And yes, I sold my F-Sport Wheels. I had a hard time selling it and it didn't go for much. Do you realize the F-Sport appearance package wheels are the same wheels as the base/premium wheels, just with a charcoal/metallic coating??? That's really hard to sell. In matter of fact, theoretically someone can just paint/or rattle can/or powder coat their OEM wheels the same color and BAMMM you got yourself a F-Sport appearance wheel set.

I'm sorry. It's literally a rip off. Now if it had ACTUAL DIFFERENCES from the base/non F counterpart, it might be worth it. Maybe if they had a different/more aggressive front bumper (like Canada's version), a different steering wheel (not the same exact one and just slap an emblem on it), a different roof spoiler (CMON REALLY, DON'T KID YOURSELF...THE F-SPORT SPOILER IS LIKE A COUPLE CENTIMETERS LONGER, IF THAT. AND ITS THE EXACT SAME STYLE. YOU CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE), Wheels that are F-Sport specific (not the same damn wheels in a darker finish-Now the SE had the right idea with the tridents), a sportier suspension that can actually pass that it's lower (not F-Sport dampers and spring rates that lower a couple centimeters lower than its counterpart where you can stick your fist in the fender gap-now the SE had the right idea, but those lowering springs aren't that much lower either)...worth it??? To me, NO.

I got negotiated into the F-Sport. I wanted the base model, but the price negotiations were stagnant and hard to get good discounts as it was the least expensive with the smallest mark up. I left. Came back and the base was sold and there was a F-Sport on the lot. Sticker price was $36k goddd damn that was expensive compared to 29-30ish K, just with some BS stuff that basically looked the exact same as the non F.

I wasn't budging. It was at night. It was the end of the month. I had 15k cash in my pocket. I rode my rode bike to the dealer because my BMW got rear ended. I was ready to buy and they basically gave me my F-Sport for about the base/non F sport price. That's how I ended up in mine. Not complaining, but is it worth it for someone to pay for a F-Sport??? NO, IMO it isn't worth the price of admission.

Look at my car, if I took my fender emblems off (like I did to the hybrid emblems on the side) you wouldn't be able to tell it was a F-Sport. Honestly.

People wont even believe my car is a hybrid by looking at it since I took off the blue Hybrid emblem...
Im not here to argue... i got my info directly from Lexus' site. The bumper is listed as part of the package... if thats incorrect, i apologize. The package, according to Lexus.com, is $1000. There is more to the package than just grills and emblems. We can agree to disagree.
Old 12-26-12, 01:38 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Pretty sure it is only $1k and the colors come on the regular f sport too.
Old 12-26-12, 08:15 PM
bsmoov
Rookie

Not here to argue either. Just positing my opinions.

I just checked my dealer sticker, and yes you're right. The F-Sport appearance package is $1000.

As for those 2 specific colors, I read some where they only exclusive to the F-Sport SE

That's besides the point. Is it worth it to me? No.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-01-13, 01:50 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

i got my f sport because i couldnt live w/o the ultra white ... lol. i know, im lame.

also, the headliner and a/b/c/d pillars are all BLACK ... whereas w/ the other ct's the headliner is gray, and i really wanted a full on 100% black interior