CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

How to install a NAV/DVD Override/Bypass Module on a 2011 Lexus CT200h

Old 11-09-11, 09:27 AM
Sello
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

does anyone know where a good place in ct or in ny mass or ri I can get this installed, just paid my invoice it will be here before i know it
Old 12-10-11, 03:40 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will this tutorial work on a 2012 CT200 with the F Sport SE package? I just ordered one and was just wondering if I could put my sound system in this car or would just have to live with the OEM to keep the functionality of the Navi system.
Old 12-10-11, 03:58 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!! Great write up, but Im glad I own an IS now for some reason....
Old 04-23-12, 12:07 AM
Z1K
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to get this done. I live in NYC. Any shops out here you can recommend?

Does this also allow to to view DVD through Navi? Would I need to install a DVD Player?
Old 04-23-12, 12:06 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1K
I would like to get this done. I live in NYC. Any shops out here you can recommend?

Does this also allow to to view DVD through Navi? Would I need to install a DVD Player?
Here are some of our authorized dealers in your area that you can contact:

Prime Motoring
27B Poplar St.
East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Autosound Plus
631 Morris Tpke
Springfield, NY 07081

Mobile Werks
198 US Highway 46E
Lodi, NJ 07644

For a more comprehensive list of Beat-Sonic Dealers in your area, please go to http://www.beatsonicusa.com/ustorelocator/location/map/ and type in your address. The website will compile list of dealers closest to you.

If your vehicle is equipped with Mark Levinson, from the factory the vehicle should play DVD while the car is stopped and has the parking brake engaged. If your vehicle is not equipped with Mark Levinson, you will also need a video input interface to play videos on your OEM nav screen.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 04-23-12, 07:11 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Is there one for the 2012 model? I'm interested.
Old 04-24-12, 06:57 AM
Z1K
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by reamemiya
Is there one for the 2012 model? I'm interested.
I believe 2011 & 2012 are both the same.
Old 05-06-12, 11:20 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We actually had a guy bring this to us here in Fremont, CA so I will be doing this probably later this week!

Doesn't look too hard - just a lot of disassembly and care needed
Old 09-03-12, 08:29 PM
AlohaCab
Driver School Candidate

Default Just installed! Not a difficult Mod

I ordered my nav bypass directly from beat-sonic and followed the directions in this thread. Everything went super smooth.

Only thing I would add is that you have to take off the three 12mm nuts that hold down the shifter box. The Fourth Screw on the Lexus NAV unit that you have to hook your bybass cables is tucked behind the shifter box and although you might be able to get it out at an angle, you take the risk of dropping the nut and having to remove the shifter box anyway to retrieve it. This will give you perfect access to remove and reinstall the Fourth Screw easily.

There is also no talk of where to mount the switch that comes with the bypass kit. The switch allows you to put the unit back to factory stock with a push of a button.

Turns out there is a half removable panel in the glove compartment and I ran the cable into the glove through this panel. I was able to slide the cable down far enough to have have the removable panel door pinch the cable enough so it's not noticeable and I could double stick tape to the side of the shelf in the glove. Worked beautifully.

I highly suggest this mod because it makes the NAV and the Phone much more useable. Should of really come from the factory this way.

Start to finish, this mod would take you 1hr if you were moving carefully and this was your first time. If you've done one before, it's possible to do this mod in under 30 mins.

Hope that helps. PM me if you need help.

Peter
Old 09-08-12, 08:08 AM
hookah66
Driver School Candidate

This is an invaluable DIY guide in how to take apart the dashboard components. Thank you very much. I will use this to re-paint the silvery dash board trim to a darker color to eliminate the irritating glare on the side mirrors when the windows are up. I was contemplating in taking it apart and have a body shop spray paint to patch the Start/Stop button's iridescent blue. Thanks again in posting and sharing this.
Old 11-22-12, 03:45 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

*** saved ***
Old 11-24-12, 12:13 AM
newwave88
Rookie

so i have a few questions..

1. is this the same for the 2013 ct200h?

2.once you enable the bypass push button switch, do you have to do it every time you get in the car?

3.i understand the dvd bypass allows you to play movies, but can the ct200h stock deck even play dvd's or do i have to do a different trick for the dvd playing? I have the single disc with navi.

thanks!
Old 11-24-12, 04:20 PM
AlohaCab
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by newwave88
so i have a few questions..

1. is this the same for the 2013 ct200h?

2.once you enable the bypass push button switch, do you have to do it every time you get in the car?

3.i understand the dvd bypass allows you to play movies, but can the ct200h stock deck even play dvd's or do i have to do a different trick for the dvd playing? I have the single disc with navi.

thanks!
1. Not sure about the 2013, but I would venture that' s identical because I doubt they changed the headunit wiring.

2. It has nothing to do with when you get in the car. Whenever you ARE DRIVING and want to be able to: enter a destination, call someone utilizing the dialpad, or make setup changes (add XM stocks, add new bluetooth phone or portable player, etc), you just now push the button. The button tells the system you are stopped and re-enables all the locked out "only when you are moving" features.

3. My 2012 does not play DVD's or utilize the screen for any video whatsoever. Wish it did or someone could hack it so it does. Was thinking maybe you could bypass the rear camera with a switch and feed aux video and utilize FM transmitter for sound. (still working on this idea).

Peter
Old 11-24-12, 05:24 PM
STICKERS
Driver School Candidate

weird question.. are you wearing a BIG BIRD suit during this mod?
Old 11-24-12, 05:38 PM
newwave88
Rookie

so technically all you need is the nvk-18. tvk46 is useless for our cars?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to install a NAV/DVD Override/Bypass Module on a 2011 Lexus CT200h