CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Backing up the car

Old 08-09-11, 07:18 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backing up the car

I despise that god-awful sound when you have the car in reverse. I'm not a truck for crying out loud. Any way to get rid of the sound?

Sometimes when you are in a crowded parking lot you wait to back out in reverse and that sound just goes and goes
Old 08-09-11, 07:27 PM
midcow3
Instructor

Received 456 Likes on 284 Posts
Originally Posted by Sophyc76
I despise that god-awful sound when you have the car in reverse. I'm not a truck for crying out loud. Any way to get rid of the sound?

Sometimes when you are in a crowded parking lot you wait to back out in reverse and that sound just goes and goes
You can set it to only beep once in customization by the dealer, see page 702 in your owner's manual
Old 08-09-11, 07:55 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by midcow3
You can set it to only beep once in customization by the dealer, see page 702 in your owner's manual
thank you so much! i was looking for it too. thanks
Old 08-11-11, 02:34 PM
andrewa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by midcow3
So I have to take it back to the dealer?
Old 08-11-11, 02:48 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

Im going to the dealership on monday for a scheduled maintain
I am going to ask them if they can get rid of the noise, hope it doesn't cost extra $$
Old 08-12-11, 08:34 AM
BgLftyinaz
Driver School Candidate

I don't even notice the sound.It's not that loud. It's just a reminder to warn you that the car is in reverse ,and to pay attention
Old 08-12-11, 09:39 AM
Jedi767
Driver School Candidate

It is really obnoxious. The dealer can turn that as well as the seatbelt beeping off for you. They shouldn't charge you anything for it either, just ask nicely.
Old 08-12-11, 09:42 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BgLftyinaz
I don't even notice the sound.It's not that loud. It's just a reminder to warn you that the car is in reverse ,and to pay attention
Yeah, it's not loud at all. I thought I would have mine turned off too, but I barely even hear it.

Sophy - It's easy to change yourself, but the dealer will do it for free for you. It will take them 30 seconds to change the setting.
Old 08-12-11, 11:17 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

okay, dont laugh, but two nights ago, I had stopped on an incline hill and forgot I left my RXh in reverse. So I stepped on the gas rather hard in anticipation of needing to go up the hill. Went flying down the hill and good thing I braked hard enough and soon enough. I now have two small indents from a car's license plate frame from behind, but it could have been much worse.

Wish my RX had that noise. haha
Old 08-12-11, 11:33 AM
BgLftyinaz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXSF
okay, dont laugh, but two nights ago, I had stopped on an incline hill and forgot I left my RXh in reverse. So I stepped on the gas rather hard in anticipation of needing to go up the hill. Went flying down the hill and good thing I braked hard enough and soon enough. I now have two small indents from a car's license plate frame from behind, but it could have been much worse.

That's exactly why the beep is there. Makes sense to keep
Old 08-12-11, 11:46 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the reverse beep is part of the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) that you can customize. it says it is one of the items that can only be changed at the dealer. your LPS changes can be done all at once free of charge by a Lexus dealer.

below are the links to the worksheet you can use to select what you want. as you will note, some things are customizable on your own.

CT w/ nav : http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT2...th-nav-LPS.pdf

CT no nav : http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT2...ut-nav-LPS.pdf

i personally dislike the reverse beep and seat belt chime warnings so will be disabling those when i get a chance.
Old 08-12-11, 12:04 PM
midcow3
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Yeah, it's not loud at all. I thought I would have mine turned off too, but I barely even hear it.

Sophy - It's easy to change yourself, but the dealer will do it for free for you. It will take them 30 seconds to change the setting.
Actually, the rear beep is a dealer only option ; you can't change it yourself see page 702 in your owner's manual.

As mentioned above , turning the " vehicle seatbelt belt reminder buzzer" off is also another dealer change ( also on page 702)

The dealer should perform the customization for free at least once within your first 12 months of ownership.

In the customization section, there are many changes you can do yourself, but the reverse and seatbelt buzzers are customizations you cannot do yourself.

Last edited by midcow3; 08-12-11 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-12-11, 06:46 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

thanks for everyones response. i went to my dealer today and asked about this. basically i didnt eliminate the sound because the guy talked me out of it. he said "many people pay thousands to have this feature are you sure you want to get rid of it" blah blah and he said if i still decide at 5000 miles that i want to get rid of the reverse beep he would do it.
Old 08-15-11, 09:25 AM
midcow3
Instructor

Originally Posted by RXSF

I hope you are being facetious, if not heaven help those who live near you.
Old 08-15-11, 09:26 AM
midcow3
Instructor

Originally Posted by BgLftyinaz
That's exactly why the beep is there. Makes sense to keep
You are kidding, RIGHT ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Backing up the car