CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

How is Premium Audio performed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-11, 11:17 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How is Premium Audio performed?

I put deposit today, which included Premium Audio.
But the demo car has basic audio only, so I didn't have a chance to listen it actually.
Could anyone tell me if there is big difference between Premium Audio and basic one?

Thanks.
Old 06-05-11, 03:38 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I've read mixed reviews on here about it. I haven't heard it yet myself, but will when I finally pick up my CT on Tuesday, as I ordered that package too. Some on here didn't think it was worth the extra $, but not really sure yet (they could be comparing to an aftermarket setup). Some have swapped out the sub in the back and added a small amp just to power that.

How long of a wait are they telling you, October/November?
Old 06-05-11, 07:22 AM
sears1234
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
I've read mixed reviews on here about it. I haven't heard it yet myself, but will when I finally pick up my CT on Tuesday, as I ordered that package too. Some on here didn't think it was worth the extra $, but not really sure yet (they could be comparing to an aftermarket setup). Some have swapped out the sub in the back and added a small amp just to power that.

How long of a wait are they telling you, October/November?
Sales told me to wait about 90-120 days. My order is premier audio + LED headlights.
Old 06-05-11, 05:27 PM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

I ordered mine 4/19 with the exact same options as you, however, 3 weeks ago I got a call from the dealer telling me if I keep the LED's, it could take until October/November, but if I remove that option, I would be in the car June/July. I decided against the LED's for that reason and will save $1,200 and am picking my car up in 2 days. I'll go with an HID kit that others on the ct200forum.com have done.

Good luck!
Old 06-05-11, 06:30 PM
huskies
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the premium audio. I have listened to both, that’s one of the reason I chose a car with premium audio. But I also wanted the home link and the compass in the mirror. The sound is not the best but it is much better than without. 10 speakers including a sub woofer is going to sound better than 6 without a sub.
Old 06-05-11, 08:59 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Originally Posted by huskies
I have the premium audio. I have listened to both, that’s one of the reason I chose a car with premium audio. But I also wanted the home link and the compass in the mirror. The sound is not the best but it is much better than without. 10 speakers including a sub woofer is going to sound better than 6 without a sub.
Thanks for the information. Based on my past experience, I'll stick with LED + premium audio.
Old 06-07-11, 01:05 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't get to listen to the stock stereo, but the premium sounds good to me. I had ML on my IS-F, and I'm not at all disappointed with the premium in my CT
Old 06-07-11, 03:50 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mm767cap
I didn't get to listen to the stock stereo, but the premium sounds good to me. I had ML on my IS-F, and I'm not at all disappointed with the premium in my CT
I had ML in both my Lexus cars/SUV, I'm a little bit worried of this premium audio stuff, but glad to know it isn't disappointed.
Thanks.
Old 06-08-11, 10:12 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Just picked up my CT last night, with premium audio. After coming from a Premium Sound Infiniti G35 with a Bose head unit and speakers with OEM Bose powered sub, I'm a bit disappointed with the CT Premium Sound . Have not compared it to the non-premium though.
Old 06-08-11, 12:11 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Just picked up my CT last night, with premium audio. After coming from a Premium Sound Infiniti G35 with a Bose head unit and speakers with OEM Bose powered sub, I'm a bit disappointed with the CT Premium Sound . Have not compared it to the non-premium though.
You meant bass or treble or both?
Old 06-08-11, 12:24 PM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by sears1234
You meant bass or treble or both?
For me I'd say both and under powered to boot. But don't get me wrong, it's OK and not really 'don't get it' bad... but there are certainly many better sound systems out there and I know I for one expected more from the 'premium' Lexus sound Pkg. Didn't hear the stock system so can't compare it to that and if you never owned one of the other systems you'd probably be real happy with it and wonder what all this complaining is about.
Old 06-09-11, 04:21 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bob259
For me I'd say both and under powered to boot. But don't get me wrong, it's OK and not really 'don't get it' bad... but there are certainly many better sound systems out there and I know I for one expected more from the 'premium' Lexus sound Pkg. Didn't hear the stock system so can't compare it to that and if you never owned one of the other systems you'd probably be real happy with it and wonder what all this complaining is about.
Agree 100% with the above. Though I just played my first CD's in the car, and they sound WAY better than SAT and a bit better than FM. Haven't used the AUX yet. I'm coming from a former car with Sirius and was hooked on it/loved it, but thinking when this 3 month XM subscription runs out, it might not really be worth it if the sound is what it is. Who knows....

Bob259 - I found that if you change the front/rear fader settings to 1 notch to the rear, the sound improves.
Old 06-09-11, 06:19 AM
Bob259
Driver

Agree 100% with the above. Though I just played my first CD's in the car, and they sound WAY better than SAT and a bit better than FM. Haven't used the AUX yet. I'm coming from a former car with Sirius and was hooked on it/loved it, but thinking when this 3 month XM subscription runs out, it might not really be worth it if the sound is what it is. Who knows....

Bob259 - I found that if you change the front/rear fader settings to 1 notch to the rear, the sound improves.
Yes, did that already. There is a whole section here or on another forum on the SAT problems. For me FM sounds 100% better then the SAT and the volume difference is unbelievable. If I have the SAT volume set at 35 and turn to FM it will blast you out of the car... to get then same volume setting the FM station has to be at say 18 Vs the same as 35 when on SAT.

It's crazy, I NEVER had a SAT radio act like this and the wifes 2010 Prius doesn't act like this so it's something in the receiver. I also had it in my 2008 Highlander Hybrid and it was almost one for one. The strange part is with the CT on FM the radio sounds great, it's just on FM, which I prefer and use 99% of the time where the sound is muddy and not as crisp.

I reported it to Lexus and they said there were many complaints of the same thing. Hopefully they will find a fix and offer it to us.

UPDATE: here is the link to the discussion on the satalite radio issues.
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...ty-issues.html

Last edited by Bob259; 06-09-11 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 06-09-11, 09:25 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by Bob259
Yes, did that already. There is a whole section here or on another forum on the SAT problems. For me FM sounds 100% better then the SAT and the volume difference is unbelievable. If I have the SAT volume set at 35 and turn to FM it will blast you out of the car... to get then same volume setting the FM station has to be at say 18 Vs the same as 35 when on SAT.

It's crazy, I NEVER had a SAT radio act like this and the wifes 2010 Prius doesn't act like this so it's something in the receiver. I also had it in my 2008 Highlander Hybrid and it was almost one for one. The strange part is with the CT on FM the radio sounds great, it's just on FM, which I prefer and use 99% of the time where the sound is muddy and not as crisp.

I reported it to Lexus and they said there were many complaints of the same thing. Hopefully they will find a fix and offer it to us.

UPDATE: here is the link to the discussion on the satalite radio issues.
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...ty-issues.html
I was having the same issue with the volume switching between SAT and my iPhone. It seems to have stopped doing that lately, as I haven't noticed it. My SAT sound quality is just fine, and no different than any of my other modes. I definitely mentioned the volume issue in my survey with Lexus.

Thanks for the link to the other forum Bob!
Old 08-01-11, 11:36 AM
sears1234
Pole Position

I got my CT last Friday, the premier audio is very good when listening CD or USB audio. (compare with ML audio in ES, GS, and GX), the treble and bass are both reasonable clarity and strong, overall feeling is over my expectation.

AM, FM is so so, but not bad, XM is kind of disappointed. (very low)

I recommend this audio to everyone.

Quick Reply: How is Premium Audio performed?