CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

How is Premium Audio performed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-11, 11:48 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sears1234
I got my CT last Friday, the premier audio is very good when listening CD or USB audio. (compare with ML audio in ES, GS, and GX), the treble and bass are both reasonable clarity and strong, overall feeling is over my expectation.

AM, FM is so so, but not bad, XM is kind of disappointed. (very low)

I recommend this audio to everyone.
Lucky you!!!!!!!!1

Did it come with the LED's? If so, what's your take on those?
Old 08-02-11, 01:41 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheAirman
Lucky you!!!!!!!!1

I ordered mine with LEDs. They're bright and super awesome! IMHO, they look better with a darker paint color; better contrast.
Old 08-02-11, 09:09 AM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAirman
Lucky you!!!!!!!!1

Mine doesn't have LED as I expected, it only has navigation.
But I got the best color I want, Tungsten Pearl exterior + black interior.
Old 08-23-11, 01:47 AM
midcow3
Instructor

Received 462 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Just picked up my CT last night, with premium audio. After coming from a Premium Sound Infiniti G35 with a Bose head unit and speakers with OEM Bose powered sub, I'm a bit disappointed with the CT Premium Sound . Have not compared it to the non-premium though.
Jimmyc13- Go to a true audiophile's site //http.www.audioholics.com and see what comments they have about Bose

Lexus just doesn't put bad audio in their cars and the premium Audio in the CT sounds very good. I would have loved to have the Mark Levison in the USA. Its not quite up to my home System with Marantz, Defintive Technology and SVS along with Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD but never-the-less very good and several steps above Bose.

Last edited by midcow3; 08-23-11 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-23-11, 10:04 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Jimmyc13- Go to a true audiophile's site //http.www.audioholics.com and see what comments they have about Bose

Lexus just doesn't put bad audio in their cars and the premium Audio in the CT sounds very good. I would have loved to have the Mark Levison in the USA. Its not quite up to my home System with Marantz, Defintive Technology and SVS along with Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD but never-the-less very good and several steps above Bose.

Link doesn't work. I did go to the site and did a search for Bose, but sorry, nothing is jumping out at me.

By the way, the post you quoted is from the day after I picked up the car. I had only used the XM Sat. radio that night when I picked it up and yes, the sound quality with the XM radio is HORRENDOUS. I have since learned that the FM, CD and USB sound quality is much better, though the bass is still lacking a bunch compared to the Bose system I had in my Infiniti G35 sedan.

I too had originally wanted the ML sound package in the CT, but quickly changed my mind after hearing how much they wanted in the end to add that to the car!

PS - I'm not an audioholic.
Old 08-23-11, 03:00 PM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Link doesn't work. I did go to the site and did a search for Bose, but sorry, nothing is jumping out at me.

By the way, the post you quoted is from the day after I picked up the car. I had only used the XM Sat. radio that night when I picked it up and yes, the sound quality with the XM radio is HORRENDOUS. I have since learned that the FM, CD and USB sound quality is much better, though the bass is still lacking a bunch compared to the Bose system I had in my Infiniti G35 sedan.

I too had originally wanted the ML sound package in the CT, but quickly changed my mind after hearing how much they wanted in the end to add that to the car!

PS - I'm not an audioholic.
I thought the ML audio system wasn't available on the CT? You're referring to premium audio, right?
Old 08-23-11, 03:17 PM
BgLftyinaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find the BOSE system for cars very enjoyable.I cant stand there home audio stuff,though.

The CT Premium audio isn't bad.It's smooth. The tweeters I find a touch harsh for my taste,but not bad.I also find the bass lacking,but it is being used how bass should be used.Bass is not meant to over power ones system,it's used as fill.

Maybe I'm not turning the volume up enough?

I find this to be a better forum to read or learn.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/
Old 08-25-11, 05:39 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Matt_RN
I thought the ML audio system wasn't available on the CT? You're referring to premium audio, right?

Back in March when I was pricing out options, I was told it was an option, but required the Nav package to go with the ML package, and it added over $4K to the price. Then again, the dealer could have been wrong, so not really sure.
Old 08-26-11, 05:41 PM
rdalemerce
Driver School Candidate

Default Premium Audio - which one?

Hi.
When you go to "build your Lexus" and you select the packages, there are 3 codes for the audio selection:
AM
AN
AO

Does anyone know the difference between the three codes and the resulting radio that is installed?
Old 08-30-11, 11:37 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sears1234
I put deposit today, which included Premium Audio.
But the demo car has basic audio only, so I didn't have a chance to listen it actually.
Could anyone tell me if there is big difference between Premium Audio and basic one?

Thanks.
I didn't get a chance to put it against the basic, but I've owned my CT for about a week with premium audio and I'm not overly impressed.

I am a major audiophile though and used to the absolute highest quality soundsystems, so premium might be enough for many.

This week the stock components are coming out, to be replaced by a Zapco 7 channel amplifier, CDT audio 3-way separates up front, and a JL Audio 10w6 subwoofer.
Old 09-02-11, 07:14 PM
rdalemerce
Driver School Candidate

Here's what I found:
AM: Premium Audio Package Includes: 10-speaker Lexus Premium Audio System, in-dash 6-Disc CD changer, auto-dimming electrochromic rear view mirror w/ compass and Lexus homelink.

AN:Premium audio package includes the following: audio system + in-dash 6-Disc CD changer & auto dimming electrochromic rearview mirror w/ Lexus homelink.

AO:Premium Audio Package w/ backup camera includes: 10-speaker Lexus Premium Audio System w/ in-dash 6-Disc CD changer and backup camera mounted on auto-dimming electrochromic rearview mirror with compass w/ Lexus Homelink,
Old 09-09-11, 03:34 PM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

According to the 2011 Lexus Product Handbook:

AM = Audo/Moonroof Package: 10 speaker premium audio system + 6 disc CD changer, moonroof, HomeLink Tranceiver, auto-dimming mirror with compass

AN = Audio/Moonroof WITH navigation system:

The above except for the auto-dimming mirror WITH compass; this package has the same mirror, but DOES NOT include compass. Also includes HDD navigation system with rear backup camera, Remote Touch, and compass.

AO = Audio/Moonroof Package with REAR BACKUP CAMERA

All the options from the AM package with the rear backup camera with rearview mirror display.
Old 09-14-11, 10:20 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

midcow - I just read this @ lunch and thought of you.....

Pay particular attention to the type of audio setup in the Mazdaspeed 3: http://editorial.autos.msn.com/the-t...50&GT1=22009#1
Old 09-23-11, 06:48 PM
zugisland
Driver School Candidate

I think the premuim audio is very dsiappointing for the extra money...came from an acura which comes witha pretty awesome sound sys standard and it blows the ct away
Old 09-23-11, 11:24 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zugisland
I think the premuim audio is very dsiappointing for the extra money...came from an acura which comes witha pretty awesome sound sys standard and it blows the ct away
I agree completely. Which is why my CT is at the shop right now getting an entirely new soundsystem (except for the head unit).

They're saying it will even be a challenge to get decent sound quality with that factory unit, as they have no clean full-range signal to work with.

But I'm thinking if we use separate high-low converters on each stage, we can get good enough quality out of it.

I'm running a 7 channel amp, so this just might work. One high to low for the tweets, one for the mid-range, one for the midbass, and one for the sub channel.

I should know in under a week how it turns out! =]

Quick Reply: How is Premium Audio performed?