CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Just bought CT tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-11, 09:27 PM
lensync
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought CT tonight!

Went to the local Lexus dealer to look for a white CT with the caramel interior and the premium package.... Looks like it's a hard car to find though. There were no cars on the lot ( all sold out in just days!!) There was none coming in either due to the earthquake in Japan I guess. It was about 5 pm on Sunday so it looks a long wait or a special order... With luck on when they will get it. Then the sales manager peaked his head in and they said they have one CT coming in.... White yes, but no caramel only black leather. It was also loaded. Nav, 10 speaker sound, LED headlights, back-up camera etc. MSRP $ 38700 roughly... I didn't even know it came that pricey!! Anyway it was on a ship and should arrive on the 15th of April If we wanted it. So we haggled since we didn't want all that stuff anyway, but it was a car we could nail down.... Not wait till "it might come in, maybe 45-60 days or even longer." Damn! So we agreed on 4 year lease $429 p/month. Kind of excited and happy to be back in a Lexus!!! Are they this hard to find everywhere?? And are they moving off the lots faster than Lexus figured?? The lease seems pretty good... Any thoughts out there??
Old 04-03-11, 09:30 PM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes. They are extremely hard to find everywhere, especially in Las Vegas and Los Angeles areas. I got exactly the same car as you. It was all they had, but it was good, since I decided at the last minute to upgrade and get it fully loaded since I would stick with this car for a while! Might as well! I LOVE this thing!

Matt
Old 04-03-11, 09:33 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations and post pictures when you get the CT 200h. I know what you mean when it's hard to get. I actually passed up on one then a few days later another one came with with everything loaded and I jumped on it and got a better deal...
Old 04-03-11, 10:08 PM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

Congrats. And yes, extremely hard to get right now.
Old 04-04-11, 12:30 AM
lensync
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies... Do all have your cars? I also have a 2008 prius package 3 touring... But the Lexus seems way nicer. I haven't even driven one yet! Ill post some pics. I really hope it gets here on the 15th. I want some 18 inch wheels for it.
Old 04-04-11, 06:20 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've had mine since the 18th. I love it!
Old 04-04-11, 01:27 PM
Trexus

I've had mine since March 20th and I love my CT as well...
Old 04-04-11, 01:55 PM
cenix
Driver

congrats on the purchase. looks like you got one of the last ones.
Old 04-08-11, 10:10 AM
PaPaG
Driver School Candidate

We were in the same boat...found one coming into the US online about 475 miles away so we put a down on it and flew up 2 weeks later when it landed.....great car for sure...amazing handling and so confortable we did not even get out of the car the whole drive back home except to get fuel and clean the windows. Great car....
Old 04-08-11, 11:10 AM
Trexus

Originally Posted by lensync
Went to the local Lexus dealer to look for a white CT with the caramel interior and the premium package.... Looks like it's a hard car to find though. There were no cars on the lot ( all sold out in just days!!) There was none coming in either due to the earthquake in Japan I guess. It was about 5 pm on Sunday so it looks a long wait or a special order... With luck on when they will get it. Then the sales manager peaked his head in and they said they have one CT coming in.... White yes, but no caramel only black leather. It was also loaded. Nav, 10 speaker sound, LED headlights, back-up camera etc. MSRP $ 38700 roughly... I didn't even know it came that pricey!! Anyway it was on a ship and should arrive on the 15th of April If we wanted it. So we haggled since we didn't want all that stuff anyway, but it was a car we could nail down.... Not wait till "it might come in, maybe 45-60 days or even longer." Damn! So we agreed on 4 year lease $429 p/month. Kind of excited and happy to be back in a Lexus!!! Are they this hard to find everywhere?? And are they moving off the lots faster than Lexus figured?? The lease seems pretty good... Any thoughts out there??
Next Friday you should get your car. Be sure to post pictures if you can and yes the CTh are selling like hotcakes...
Old 04-08-11, 10:37 PM
lensync
Driver School Candidate

Update!! They called and said it should be here on the 10th.... So hopefully I can post some pics then!! Need to find a place who does clear bras and tint ASAP!! But the last quote I got was $360 for hood, fenders and mirrors.... Plus $340 for the front bumper! They must be NUTS!!!???
Old 04-09-11, 01:06 PM
LexFather

Try to get them to $450 or $500 for it. They can drop the price.
Old 04-09-11, 02:28 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Lexus surely debuted the CT well. I've rarely seen any CT's on the lot or even in inventory. These things sure move fast!
Old 04-09-11, 02:35 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

congrats lensync!
Old 04-10-11, 04:34 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lensync
Update!! They called and said it should be here on the 10th.... So hopefully I can post some pics then!! Need to find a place who does clear bras and tint ASAP!! But the last quote I got was $360 for hood, fenders and mirrors.... Plus $340 for the front bumper! They must be NUTS!!!???
I'm pretty sure you can have this done @ the dealership. Sometimes they'll bring someone in to do that work for you. I'm going to be doing the same (tint & clear bra).

Quick Reply: Just bought CT tonight!