CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

what does the CT200h have that a loaded Prius doesn't have?

Old 03-13-11, 08:50 AM
zmisst
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does the CT200h have that a loaded Prius doesn't have?

What does a CT200h have that a loaded Prius doesn't have?

I can only think of:
*sport mode handling and throttle response (but seems to make little difference to some)
* sportier tuned handling (ind rear suspension and some vibration damping)
* dual zone a/c
* joystick control
* auto off delay headlamps
* defoggers for outside mirrors
* power seats w/ memory option
* 10 speaker stereo (Prius best is 8)
* Enform (like fancier Onstar)
* Leather Package: memory seats, dimming and tilting side mirrors, rain sensing wipers
* backup camera in mirror
* glass break sensor
* Lexus warranty

The only thing really attractive on that list is the memory seats and the warranty.

But you can't get on the ct200h these Prius features/options:
* Lane Keep Assist
* Parking guidance
* Plasmacluster ionizer (?!)
* bigger cargo area
* bigger backseat area (?)
* Prius, because it weighs less and is more aerodynamic is faster and more fuel efficient

Am I missing anything?

Last edited by zmisst; 03-13-11 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-13-11, 09:49 AM
QuentinB
Driver

I'm fairly certain that a non-Nav Prius can get the backup camera in the mirror. My 4Runner, my mom's Rav4, and my dad's Tacoma all have it. I'd be shocked if the technological marvel that is the Prius didn't.

If you go to True Delta, they have a car comparison tool. You can check off options that are "must haves" and it will build each car to that spec and show you the price difference. Then, it will account for other features that you didn't necessarily check off that are included in the packages and assigns a value to them. For me, the CT will cost $5,190 more than a Prius V with the "required" options. But when you factor in feature content, the premium is $3,400. Basically, I'm getting an extra $1,790 of features in the CT that aren't available in a similarly equipped* Prius.

* by similarly equipped, I mean similarly equipped as far as "must haves".

edit: upon closer inspection, it looks like you do need to get the nav package on the Prius to get a rear view camera. Oddly enough, I think I'd be willing to get Nav on the CT thanks to the interface, but I don't think I'd be willing to buy the Nav on the Prius.

Last edited by QuentinB; 03-13-11 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-13-11, 10:43 AM
dgstan
Rookie

There's one big feature I don't miss when going from my Prius to the new CT:

I don't get guys a-holes in big trucks tailgating me and trying to run me off the road anymore.
Old 03-13-11, 11:28 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

i think biggest difference will be once you sit in the car, CT200h has more luxurious interior, is quieter, handles better, etc. It is a lot like comparing Avalon and GS... Avalon has a ton of toys and it is nice car... it is not luxury car though.
Old 03-13-11, 01:21 PM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by spwolf
i think biggest difference will be once you sit in the car, CT200h has more luxurious interior, is quieter, handles better, etc. It is a lot like comparing Avalon and GS... Avalon has a ton of toys and it is nice car... it is not luxury car though.
Yeah, the seats are a completely different animal than what's in the Prius. The center of gravity is much lower, so it feels and drives more like a sports car. I priced them both out and to get everything I wanted in the Prius the sticker was only about $3K less than the CT. For that amount of money, I think the Lexus is worth it. However, Toyota dealers are willing to bargain with you while Lexus gets insulted if you so much as suggest they sell you the car below MSRP.

Also, one thing I'm loving is the better visibility. It's so nice to be able to look over your right shoulder and actually have a clue if there's anyone there.
Old 03-13-11, 02:42 PM
zmisst
Rookie

Originally Posted by QuentinB
If you go to True Delta, they have a car comparison tool. You can check off options that are "must haves" and it will build each car to that spec and show you the price difference. Then, it will account for other features that you didn't necessarily check off that are included in the packages and assigns a value to them. For me, the CT will cost $5,190 more than a Prius V with the "required" options. But when you factor in feature content, the premium is $3,400. Basically, I'm getting an extra $1,790 of features in the CT that aren't available in a similarly equipped* Prius.
That's a great site thanks.

It indicated the stuff I listed above and also that the CT has -- and prius doesn't have:
* passenger knee bag
* ipod integration (is that right? Prius doesn't have this?)
* tach (pointless with a CVT)
* turnsignals on mirrors

For me the price difference was 38k (CT) vs. 34k (Prius) MSRP. and 34.7 (CT) and 31. 4 (Prius) invoice price.
Old 03-13-11, 07:26 PM
LAX2TEX
Driver School Candidate

Aside from all the technical pros, one word comes to mind for me.... FUN. I speak from experience...the Prius is NOT fun to drive whatsoever. (IMO)

We have a 2010 Prius AND...... I'll stop right now.
Old 03-14-11, 08:34 AM
DJTIMMYD
Rookie

I would have gotten a Prius a long time ago if it didn't look like a cockroach on wheels. The CT is styled much better so it wins just based on that with me.
Old 03-14-11, 09:01 PM
LAX2TEX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DJTIMMYD
I would have gotten a Prius a long time ago if it didn't look like a cockroach on wheels. The CT is styled much better so it wins just based on that with me.
Jimmy: LOL ! I have to agree with you. The Gen 3 is at least an improvement on looks. Still no head turner, but better looks than the Gen 2 to me. ;-)
Old 02-26-12, 10:04 AM
zmisst
Rookie

any more thoughts on this topic? I want to get a hybrid hatchback, and if I can get over how slow both the prius and ct200h are, I might get one, but between the two, the prius seems to be a bit faster, better gas mileage.

Are there any other important features of the ct200h that are not available on the prius? Any changes for 2012? (does the 2012 ct200h now have the lexus version of entune? Or is yet another feature only available on the prius?)
Old 02-26-12, 10:41 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

STYLE! The CT is sporty and aggressive. It has the fit and finish of a lexus and its comfortable. And you get those sweet LED's.
Old 02-26-12, 08:56 PM
zmisst
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusNN
STYLE! The CT is sporty and aggressive. It has the fit and finish of a lexus and its comfortable. And you get those sweet LED's.
anything else? any really helpful techno option or feature? To summarize it still seems that:

the CT200h has -- and the prius doesn't have:

* sporty and aggressive looking
* Lexus fit and finish
* LED headlights
* sport mode handling and throttle response (but seems to make little difference to some)
* sportier tuned handling (ind rear suspension and some vibration damping)
* dual zone a/c
* joystick control
* defoggers for outside mirrors
* 10 speaker stereo (Prius best is 8)
* Enform (like fancier Onstar)
* backup camera in mirror
* glass break sensor
* Lexus warranty

(prius now has leather and power seats, and delay headlamps
so I took those off the list above)

The only thing really attractive on that list is the the warranty.

But you can't get on the ct200h these Prius features/options:
* Lane Keep Assist
* Heads Up Display
* Plasmacluster ionizer (?!)
* bigger cargo area
* bigger backseat area
* Prius, because it weighs less and is more aerodynamic, the Prius is **faster** and more fuel efficient

Am I missing anything on either of these lists?

I believe for 2012 ct200h now has entune. -- or even if it doesn't, I've heard it is a fairly worthless feature -- at least in the current incarnation.

Last edited by zmisst; 03-11-12 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-27-12, 08:11 AM
HennessySK
Rookie

Kinda like asking a person who has a Lamborghini Gallardo, "How come you didn't just buy an Audi R8?"

CUZ IT'S A FRIGGIN' LAMBO!!!

So I got the CT because it's a friggin' LEXUS! (plus I get employee discount, lol)
Old 02-27-12, 12:35 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we struggled with the same question and actually favored the prius initially for its bigger rear seat room and trunk because we have two young kids. the loaded CT was probably about 4k more than the loaded prius. sure the prius has some other nice tech features, but not something that was a deal breaker for us.

but when you factor in what it's like to drive, you really stop comparing them. it's truly not even close to the same car. in the end i could not bring myself to get the cheaper prius, and now we have the CT and 2 kid seats in the back. sure it's a tight fit, but it's my commuter car so we don't always have kids back there.

have you driven them both? i agree that on paper it's a tough choice, but i think once you drive them the answer becomes more clear. plus 1 in 10 cars out here seems like it's a prius, so that really turns me off ..
Old 02-29-12, 05:59 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Class.......Style ........ Handling....... like comparing a starship to a space shuttle.

I like the Prius too , but its a peg down on the totem pole. (or two)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what does the CT200h have that a loaded Prius doesn't have?