CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

ct200h-anyone experiencing a"click" noise from the break pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11, 03:47 PM
jack2k5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jack2k5
I also purchased a CT 200H and have the same issue. My car is being taken to the dealership by the body shop friend as we speak now. My personal opinion, this is definitely not normal. I have driven many cars and this is not the first car I purchased. I have never seen this kind of problem. When I step on the brake, it works. But when it is about to stop, a huge click sound will occur. It happens almost every time. Sometimes when the car is stationary and when the brake is pressed while waiting in the red light. It happens too. The sound is definitely annoying and it is definitely not normal if you ask me. I will keep you guys update when I hear more from the body shop and the dealership.

This is my car pic
Old 08-24-12, 08:50 AM
Dimple
Driver School Candidate

So what is the update on this issue?

The click sound
And then sound when the car slows down after braking?
Old 10-12-12, 07:02 PM
Bombsquad
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had my CT for two weeks, I get a high pitched faint sound that the dealer identified as the braking system. Our cars have "brake by wire" and all the pedal pressure is basically simulated, which would explain, nosies, inconsistent pedal feel etc etc. I'm sure it comes down to a cost/space saving measure as I can't really see the benefits from eliminating the hydraulics from the pedal to the master cylinder?

My dealer asked me to monitor the noise issue and get back to them if it gets any better/worse.
Old 10-16-12, 05:27 AM
HennessySK
Rookie

Originally Posted by ctman
i have been driving my ct200h for a week now, and i noticed that there's a "click" noise everytime when the break pedal is pressed. I've talked to the dealer and i will bring my car in for close inspection, but before i do that, i wanted to know if there's anyone who's experiencing the same thing. seems like since there are only a few ct owners out there, i couldn't find any threads on internet regarding this.
If it's anything like the "barking" noise that other brake-by-wire systems make (i.e. LS, RX450h), it is usually corrected by bleeding the brakes.

You can usually duplicate the noise while in park and brake pedal fully depressed (maybe pumped a couple of times then held).

And yes, you can also duplicate the noise when the vehicle is COMPLETELY TURNED OFF.
Old 10-30-12, 07:46 AM
greexembou
Driver School Candidate

@jack2k5
I completely agree with you.
For me this TAC noise occurs only when full stoping at a red light in slight descent.
I'm quite positive it comes from the break pads fully locking but it is not normal to have such a harsh sound in a car of this level.
Lexus should absolutely do something about it.