CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

ct200h-anyone experiencing a"click" noise from the break pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-11, 07:37 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgstan
Yeah, that's the sweet sound of saving gas.
Ha! Classic! I'll take it.
Old 03-12-11, 07:49 PM
ctman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pchea1088
Any chance we can get a few pictures of your car?

I'm liking the way SGM + Caramel sounds right now.
Old 03-12-11, 10:11 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think this is not an issue at all unless I've misinterpreted what the OP said.

Here is my experience on the 2 test drive of the CT.... There is a click sound for the brake with the some sort of traction control light on the dash when doing the test drive.
The first time I was not able to reproduce it consistently but it was raining and it was dark.

However, I finally found out what the click was about when doing my 2nd test drive. Basically after putting the car to a stop, if you push the brake a bit further despite the car is stopped, the light will come on and you hear a click from the brake pedal. When you light off the brake pedal, the light (amber) will go off again from the dash.
Old 03-13-11, 08:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

thats hill control system, if you press and stand on brakes while stopped, it will turn on and light will light up on dash... so when you let the pedal go, car will not roll down no matter how steep the hill is, as brakes are on.
Old 03-19-11, 06:34 AM
kobetwo3
Driver School Candidate

any updates on this issue? i noticed it as well yesterday while braking at low speeds in parking lot.
Old 03-19-11, 10:50 AM
cenix
Driver

^ it's not really an issue, it's the normal operation of the brakes.
Old 03-19-11, 10:58 AM
kobetwo3
Driver School Candidate

This is my 1st hybrid but I agree with one of the previous posts. If this is normal operation, it's awfully loud. I'll have to check this out with the dealer at the 1month visit and see if they concur
Old 03-19-11, 01:32 PM
cenix
Driver

for sure, this car definitely makes a bunch of sounds. clicks, whirrs, bumps, etc. due to the hybrid system, but when you're rolling it's very quiet. even the owner's manual states that it's normal to hear a knocking sound from the motor from time to time.
Old 03-19-11, 07:13 PM
ctman
Driver School Candidate

let's not make any final assumption. The click noise that I have been experiencing comes from the area right above the brake pedal and it's present every time when the pedal is pressed(at the beginning of the depression). IMO, it is not any type of normal operation sounds like whirrs, bumps, clicks and etc. I have driven numbers of cars but never had experienced this type of noise from the brake pedal. I well understand normal operation sounds, but this is not a type of noise that can be excused in luxury cars like lexus. I am going to bring in the car to the dealer on this coming Monday 3/21/11 for inspection. I will let you know what they say about this. Don't get me wrong, I love my ct200h. it's been so much fun to be driving in this beautiful car.

I found a thread with similar issue:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ing-noise.html

Last edited by ctman; 03-19-11 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-19-11, 08:23 PM
cenix
Driver

please let us know what the dealer says. it's interesting, because i test drove two different ct200h's at two different dealers before buying mine and they all exhibited the same brake pedal 'click' sound.
Old 03-21-11, 03:05 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=ctman;6238199]let's not make any final assumption. The click noise that I have been experiencing comes from the area right above the brake pedal and it's present every time when the pedal is pressed(at the beginning of the depression). IMO, it is not any type of normal operation sounds like whirrs, bumps, clicks and etc. I have driven numbers of cars but never had experienced this type of noise from the brake pedal. I well understand normal operation sounds, but this is not a type of noise that can be excused in luxury cars like lexus. I am going to bring in the car to the dealer on this coming Monday 3/21/11 for inspection. I will let you know what they say about this. Don't get me wrong, I love my ct200h. it's been so much fun to be driving in this beautiful car.
QUOTE]

I test drove a CT for a couple weeks ago and noticed exactly the same noise with the brake as you described. I first thought it was a "feature" that comes with the car. It was pretty annoying. I didn't bother to ask the dealer as I was not interested in CT...
Old 04-03-11, 03:45 PM
PaPaG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cenix
please let us know what the dealer says. it's interesting, because i test drove two different ct200h's at two different dealers before buying mine and they all exhibited the same brake pedal 'click' sound.
Just got ours on Friday night and I noticed it later on that night...
Old 04-10-11, 02:37 PM
myersport
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a normal noise. Mine makes it too. The LS's made a similar noise due to the Linear Solenoid Valve in the brake booster assembly. Customers paying $75,000+ did not approve, so Lexus Improved the part with a VERY expensive new booster. If you want a totally silent driving environment, buy a BIG Lexus. The CT is NOT a "Luxury" car, it is a "Premium" car. Try finding a Volkswagon that is as quiet as a CT. Or even a Toyota.

--dennis
Old 04-11-11, 03:07 PM
cenix
Driver

wondering if ctman (original poster) got this clicking sound taken care of. ???
Old 04-18-11, 03:09 PM
jack2k5
Driver School Candidate

I also purchased a CT 200H and have the same issue. My car is being taken to the dealership by the body shop friend as we speak now. My personal opinion, this is definitely not normal. I have driven many cars and this is not the first car I purchased. I have never seen this kind of problem. When I step on the brake, it works. But when it is about to stop, a huge click sound will occur. It happens almost every time. Sometimes when the car is stationary and when the brake is pressed while waiting in the red light. It happens too. The sound is definitely annoying and it is definitely not normal if you ask me. I will keep you guys update when I hear more from the body shop and the dealership.

Quick Reply: ct200h-anyone experiencing a"click" noise from the break pedal?