CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What bugs you the most about your CT?

Old 03-15-11, 08:19 AM
Boeleni
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have leather.. will try and move the window selector, as I do leave it in the center. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-15-11, 04:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeleni
Can someone post a real world image of the device holder? We don't get them in Canada.... not worth 99 bucks? Bob wanna sell me yours?

I have it swiveled and pushed out to show the range of motion the holder has.
Old 03-15-11, 04:24 PM
Boeleni
Driver School Candidate

Looks better than putting my iphone into the cubby upside down so the plug will sit nicely

Thanks for the pic!

BTW, is the car able to play albums or playlists? So far I've only seen a list of songs.
Old 03-15-11, 05:40 PM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Boeleni
Looks better than putting my iphone into the cubby upside down so the plug will sit nicely

Thanks for the pic!

BTW, is the car able to play albums or playlists? So far I've only seen a list of songs.
Go to where you see the list of songs. Across the top of the screen, you will see arrows to scroll right and left. Go left and you'll should see albums, etc.

Kind of odd that the default wouldn't be all the way to the left.
Old 03-15-11, 07:27 PM
Boeleni
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the tips gents! Flipping my mirror switch to the side did the trick for the auto tilt reverse mirrors So now there is nothing that bugs me about my CT!
Old 03-18-11, 10:16 AM
DJTIMMYD
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
The rule of thumb for all Toyota/Lexus gas tanks is that 2 gallon mark where the light turns on. 1.8 is the calculated figure but real world sets it at about 2. Was this your first tank of gas you filled in your CT? Perhaps guage it since you're still pretty much in a break-in period. I would monitor it and see if it changes.
So I went all the way down to last hash mark on the fuel gauge. The on that is touching the E and I was only able to put in 8.6 gallons. I should have had 3.3 gallons left in the tank. I understand Lexus not wanting us to run out of gas but I that is ridiculous.
Old 03-18-11, 02:04 PM
dkidwell
Rookie

Originally Posted by DJTIMMYD
So I went all the way down to last hash mark on the fuel gauge. The on that is touching the E and I was only able to put in 8.6 gallons. I should have had 3.3 gallons left in the tank. I understand Lexus not wanting us to run out of gas but I that is ridiculous.
Never trust a fuel gauge! They are not very accurate.
Old 03-18-11, 06:59 PM
JM011
Driver School Candidate

I started getting worried about gas mileage when I approached the 1/2 tank mark but had only driven 150 miles. I stopped to fill up and could only fit in 3.5 gallons. Absolutely terrible readings by the fuel gauge...
Old 03-19-11, 05:26 AM
DJTIMMYD
Rookie

Originally Posted by JM011
I started getting worried about gas mileage when I approached the 1/2 tank mark but had only driven 150 miles. I stopped to fill up and could only fit in 3.5 gallons. Absolutely terrible readings by the fuel gauge...
My point exactly. It's really my only issue with this car. Wish there was a way to fix it.
Old 03-22-11, 04:55 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only gripe thus far with the CT is lack of a comfortable arm rest, this minor, otherwise the car is fantastic!!!
Old 03-22-11, 11:28 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by dochusar
My only gripe thus far with the CT is lack of a comfortable arm rest, this minor, otherwise the car is fantastic!!!
The Lexus Japan site offers a small arm pad for that hard edge of the center console above the cup holders. This obviously will only work for RHD models.

アームパッド

リモートタッチの操作時などに快適なソフト感が得られる、アーム部用のソフトパッド。シングルステッチを施したデザインがコンソールボックスへの連続感を演出します。

Google Translation:

Arm pads

Obtain softness and comfort when working with remote touch pad for a soft arm section. Will produce a sense of continuity to a single console box stitching design.
Old 03-23-11, 08:39 AM
dav2321
Driver School Candidate

That looks better than nothing...
Old 03-24-11, 10:03 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Might I suggest that everyone who wants to see that center arm pad come to Left Hand Drive drop a message to Lexus? Here is the response I got in case you need the phone number. I got the email address from Lexus.com

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction.

We appreciate your enthusiasm for Lexus and thank you for the opportunity to address your inquiry.

We apologize that the center console arm rest is in an uncomfortable position for your body type. Your feedback regarding this component is appreciated as it is through communications such as yours that we become aware of our customers' responses and preferences. It also helps us to plan future products to better serve your needs.

Regarding a leather covering for the cup holder area such as the one you described, we apologize that we do not have a left hand drive version of the part available as an accessory at this time. However, you may wish to inquire about availability of such a part with a representative at your Lexus dealership periodically in the future, as Lexus introduces new accessories as they become available. Contact information for Lexus dealerships is available at http://www.lexus.com/dealers.

We are glad to hear that you are otherwise enjoying your CT 200h, and we appreciate your longstanding relationship with Lexus.
If we can be of further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Alex Tiampo
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Old 04-01-11, 11:45 AM
JohnS
Driver

Why won't the RHD model fit? It looks to be the same size and shape.
I noticed it in my first test drive. I just ordered my CT so it will be awhile before it arrives so I hope to get this piece for it.

Thanks, John
Old 04-01-11, 12:36 PM
SunnyDay
Driver School Candidate

Default 4 quibbles

Originally Posted by mm767cap

The high pitched squeal of the regen braking makes me feel like a dog listening to one of those whistles, but cranking the stereo seems to help there.
1) The regen squeal is getting on my nerves. I really love the MPGs so I am trying to downplay that.

2) People who call me say that I do not sound as good as before (2008 RX350 NAV).

3) I am trying to get used to the screen on the NAV, specifically the silver icons. I choose to display the street name, and on the CT that is white letters on a big black rectangle. The NAV on the RX had translucent rectangles/icons. As a work around, I disabled all the icons except for the compass and street name. I understand the UK version plays DVD and thus has some color/tone options not available on the US version. Not sure if that would have made a difference or not.

My dealer made a comment that auto manufacturers may be getting away from on board NAV systems since many people have smart phones with GPS, etc. I hope this does not happen as I really like the larger integrated screen and the ability to bluetooth to my phone.

and 4) the vanity lights are blinding if used in dark conditions

I really do like this car, all this aside. It's my 3rd Lexus, first two were RXs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What bugs you the most about your CT?