CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What bugs you the most about your CT?

Old 03-12-11, 08:40 PM
OVRBST
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from a test drive. Had to actually get the manager to come bring us a brochure to verify that the thing protruding from the center console was in fact a Lexus issued/installed item.
You guys know what I'm talking about.....The "portable device holder" that appears as if it was a prank pulled by a competitor sales guy. He stopped at the dollar store to pick up a ratcheting hunk of plastic and some velcro and stuck the floppy contraption in the worst possible location. Right in front of the radio, and close enough to the heated seat controls so there's no possible way to know if your buddy pulled a summer time prank on you until the swap a$$ kicks in.

That being said, it's removable....... and I can't wait to get one cause I love the little little thing
Old 03-13-11, 02:49 PM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by OVRBST
I just got back from a test drive. Had to actually get the manager to come bring us a brochure to verify that the thing protruding from the center console was in fact a Lexus issued/installed item.
You guys know what I'm talking about.....The "portable device holder" that appears as if it was a prank pulled by a competitor sales guy. He stopped at the dollar store to pick up a ratcheting hunk of plastic and some velcro and stuck the floppy contraption in the worst possible location. Right in front of the radio, and close enough to the heated seat controls so there's no possible way to know if your buddy pulled a summer time prank on you until the swap a$$ kicks in.

That being said, it's removable....... and I can't wait to get one cause I love the little little thing
LOL... my salesman thought someone took mine, but by the time he got in his side of the car I had already put it in the glove box
Old 03-13-11, 06:32 PM
JM011
Driver School Candidate

I absolutely love the device holder and its placement. It's indispensable for tech savvy workaholics like myself. The Navigon app is also great replacement for those who didn't opt for the OEM Nav. I still can't understand how this hunk of plastic runs $99.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2011/4649.html
Old 03-13-11, 10:47 PM
Boeleni
Driver School Candidate

Can someone post a real world image of the device holder? We don't get them in Canada.... not worth 99 bucks? Bob wanna sell me yours?
Old 03-14-11, 08:37 AM
dav2321
Driver School Candidate

After only a couple of days with mine I'd say the the armrest (too short)-hopefully a aftermarket solution pops up.
Old 03-14-11, 10:32 AM
OVRBST
Driver School Candidate

How tall are you? I seem to remember it wasn't noticeable for me, but I'm 6'4" and drive with the seat all the way back and down.
Old 03-14-11, 12:42 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default iPhone

Is this the adaptor your talking about?
Attached Thumbnails What bugs you the most about your CT?-cth.jpg  
Old 03-14-11, 03:06 PM
Boeleni
Driver School Candidate

Yeah looks good in the promotional stuff, want to see what it "Really" looks like
Old 03-14-11, 03:19 PM
QuentinB
Driver

Originally Posted by Boeleni
Yeah looks good in the promotional stuff, want to see what it "Really" looks like
It looks fine. It feels cheap.
Old 03-14-11, 04:59 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by dav2321
After only a couple of days with mine I'd say the the armrest (too short)-hopefully a aftermarket solution pops up.
Agreed, and I'm 6'5".

This is my ONLY beef with the car
Old 03-14-11, 11:19 PM
cenix
Driver

i don't like how some of the options are dealer-only customizable, like the seatbelt beeping, reverse beeping, etc. other things are user customizable, but i think all of them should be.
Old 03-15-11, 07:16 AM
Boeleni
Driver School Candidate

So far my biggest gripe is that the side mirrors don't auto tilt when you reverse. Boo.
Old 03-15-11, 07:20 AM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by Boeleni
So far my biggest gripe is that the side mirrors don't auto tilt when you reverse. Boo.
They do!!!!!!. Make sure your mirror selector is on either the right or left mirror and not in the center position. When in the center position there is no tilt and when right of left position the mirrors will tilt when reverse is selected.
Old 03-15-11, 07:23 AM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bob259
They do!!!!!!. Make sure your mirror selector is on either the right or left mirror and not in the center position. When in the center position there is no tilt and when right of left position the mirrors will tilt when reverse is selected.
The tilting mirrors are part of the leather package.
Old 03-15-11, 07:31 AM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by dgstan
The tilting mirrors are part of the leather package.
Bummer... I have leather so that's why, assumed they were on all the others as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What bugs you the most about your CT?