CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Build Thread - Fox Marketing CT200h-F

Old 04-26-11, 06:20 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get it, do u want a Hybrid or do u want a hot rod sport car. I previously thought that the idea of a Hybrid was MORE MPG.

Am I wrong?

I have a 415 HP Mustang Cobra for my hot rod. Thats what it was built for, not as a Hybrid.
Old 04-27-11, 08:31 AM
DJTIMMYD
Rookie

Originally Posted by xfirechief
I don't get it, do u want a Hybrid or do u want a hot rod sport car. I previously thought that the idea of a Hybrid was MORE MPG.

Am I wrong?

I have a 415 HP Mustang Cobra for my hot rod. Thats what it was built for, not as a Hybrid.
WHy not have both? IF they can make a car get 40+ mpg and have 300+ horsepower I don't really see the harm in that. It's the perfect mix IMO.
Old 04-27-11, 02:49 PM
myersport
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoever said a hybrid was for fuel economy? I dare say that the GS450h and LS600h are NOT economy cars. They are faster than their V8 counterparts, especially in a 30mph rolling start. The AWD RXh's are faster than their gas fueled siblings, and the 2wd are equivalent, but with better roll-on accelleration.
A hybrid can just mean that the car has an electric "Supercharger". The better fuel economy is just a by-product of the powertrain characteristics. The current world economic climate just demands the 'Green' slant to market the hybrid.

--dennis
Old 04-27-11, 07:54 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry but to me Hybrid means more MPG. My Cobra certainly is going to give 35 or 40 MPG. I didn't buy it for that I bought it for POWER.
Old 04-28-11, 07:51 PM
paperchasi
Rookie

Sorry but to me Hybrid means more MPG. My Cobra certainly is going to give 35 or 40 MPG. I didn't buy it for that I bought it for POWER.
But what IF your Cobra DID give you 35mpg and still kept the same POWER that you desire soo much, would you complain? Would you be impressed with Ford engineering? Or would you no longer consider it a worthy car because it was too fuel efficient for you?

You make it sound like it has to be either high MPG or high HP and it cannot be both. Sure, you can always build/buy something for a specific purpose, but that doesn't mean that you can't have something that serves dual purposes.
Old 04-29-11, 03:58 AM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by paperchasi
But what IF your Cobra DID give you 35mpg and still kept the same POWER that you desire soo much, would you complain? Would you be impressed with Ford engineering? Or would you no longer consider it a worthy car because it was too fuel efficient for you?

You make it sound like it has to be either high MPG or high HP and it cannot be both. Sure, you can always build/buy something for a specific purpose, but that doesn't mean that you can't have something that serves dual purposes.
Would I like both high MPG and break neck performance in the same vehicle YES of course, but if I want performance now I take the Carrera out.

However, that said what is really upsetting to me is all the so called 'experts', Reviewers and people that pan the performance of the CT. Look at the specs, Lexus hid nothing, same performance as the Prius, so when you are reviewing why on earth anyone would have a ‘false expectation’ of neck snapping performance is beyond me. It is what it is and I for one am very happy with mine and came into this fully understanding it’s capabilities.
Old 04-29-11, 05:29 AM
dochusar
Pole Position

Hybrid power can be used for economy or for performance. Personally, I would not pay the premium for hybrid performance, as that can be accomplished differently. I would prefer economy. I echo bob259's comment if I want performance, I would take my 911 out for a spin.
Old 04-29-11, 11:58 AM
jalcom
Driver School Candidate

Nice build overall! 300 horses from a supercharged 1.8L is not too shabby.
Old 07-15-11, 12:33 AM
CTDriver
Driver School Candidate

Nice build...more real world performance info would be nice, especially MPG.
Old 07-18-11, 01:33 PM
deekortiz3
Driver School Candidate

They updated their Facebook page on the 14th saying...

Took the CT out today on a 40 mile drive to test the suspension and supercharger. After my drive the car got 45MPG and it gets 42 factory. How you like those apples?
Old 07-18-11, 09:28 PM
paperchasi
Rookie

^^^If that is indeed the truth, then WOW!
Old 07-19-11, 12:30 PM
Jedi767
Driver School Candidate

If this becomes available this year, is under $9000, is reliable, and MPG is still in the 40's... I'm in.
Old 07-19-11, 01:43 PM
cenix
Driver

Originally Posted by deekortiz3
They updated their Facebook page on the 14th saying...

Took the CT out today on a 40 mile drive to test the suspension and supercharger. After my drive the car got 45MPG and it gets 42 factory. How you like those apples?
lol. i'm not trying to hate on fox marketing specifically, but seriously, i've got to laugh at anyone who claims they're making over 300hp with stock internals on the ct200h AND getting 45 mpg. please share this new-age technology with the rest of the automotive community and become gazillionaires.
Old 07-19-11, 04:13 PM
dkidwell
Rookie

The supercharger only increases the air volume and adds some horsepower. You have to add more fuel to get the real horsepower increase and there goes the MPGs.
Old 07-19-11, 06:36 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Whether you're driving 1 or 10/10ths, a supercharger decreases MPG's as it is powered directly off of the crank. You usually get a quicker response, compared to a turbo, but you also have parasitic losses. I'd be surprised if they can get within 90% of what the car was getting prior to adding FI.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Build Thread - Fox Marketing CT200h-F