CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

PR: All-New Lexus CT 200h Hybrid Makes North American Debut 2010 NY Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 10:07 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adam8065
Wow I just saw pictures of the CT 200h and the car looks great. I think the HS 250H is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. If I had a choice between either of these cars it would a no brainer on which one I would choose.
I totally agree. I've seen 2 HS250s on the freeway and they looked fugly. Its proportions are off or something. This CT200h on the other hand looks really good. Very Mazda 3 looking but the little design cues still make it look Lexus.
Old 03-07-10, 02:24 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Did you guys see this

More here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...s-of-pics.html
Old 03-08-10, 12:08 AM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
Pick one. I'm going with the mustard one. Lexus failed, not surprised. They even gave it the Audi LEDS

Last edited by Oleg400; 03-08-10 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-10-10, 05:30 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

How many things can you find wrong with this article?

Home / News /
Toyota Confirms US Launch of Compact Lexus Hybrid
Published March 9, 2010

Lexus CT 200h
Toyota officials last week confirmed that the Lexus CT 200h, a premium hybrid hatchback, is coming to the United States, according to a report in Automotive News. The Lexus CT 200h would be Lexus’s first compact car, and the first compact hybrid sold by Toyota in the US.

The car was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show last week, but until recently the company insisted that the compact hybrid would only be sold in Europe. According to Automotive News, Lexus executives pleaded with Japan to bring to the car to the US—partly in hopes that the smaller Lexus would appeal to a younger demographic. "When the all-new Lexus CT 200h enters the market it will be the only hybrid vehicle in the emerging premium compact segment," said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager.

The Lexus CT 200h will make its US debut at the 2010 New York Auto Show later this month. Production begins in late 2010. The car could go on sale in the US sometime in 2011.

Small Luxury Compact Hybrid HatchbackThe recipe for the CT 200h is to place a Prius-type hybrid system—featuring a 1.8-liter gas engine with variable valve timing, and energy storage with a nickel-metal hydride battery pack—into small relatively affordable premium compact car. Lexus said the CT 200h will ride on a new front-wheel-drive platform with a MacPherson strut front suspension and double wishbones at the rear.

While fuel economy numbers have not been announced, the CT 200h’s small size and aerodynamics should push its mileage ahead of the 50-mpg 2010 Toyota Prius, currently the highest rated car for mpg. It could also mean a more sporty drive compared to the larger Prius. Lexus claims that the CT 200h “does not compromise interior roominess,” despite the compact package.

The CT 200h will be Lexus's second dedicated hybrid, behind the mid-sized Lexus HS 250h. The smaller CT 200h is likely to be offered with the same luxury appointments and high-tech features found in the HS 250h and other Lexus vehicles.

Toyota Auris Hybrid
Commitment to Luxury HybridsThere are also rumors that the Toyota Auris Hybrid, a small hybrid hatchback built on the Scion xB platform, will head to the US. The Auris Hybrid promised more than 60 miles to the gallon. However, the US launch of the Auris Hybrid could be delayed in Europe, according to the Sunday Telegraph in the UK. Tadashi Arashima, the chief executive of Toyota Motor Europe, said the global recall of Toyota vehicles due to accelerator problems could change the planned timeline. "We are discussing that, if necessary, we will postpone the launch timing. For us there is the hybrid in late May, which is really key,” said Arashima. “We want to make sure that this car is properly launched without any major issues."
While fuel economy numbers have not been announced, the CT 200h’s small size and aerodynamics should push its mileage ahead of the 50-mpg 2010 Toyota Prius
I doubt it. It will probably get the features a luxury car should have. And those add weight.

The CT 200h will be Lexus's second dedicated hybrid, behind the mid-sized Lexus HS 250h.
The HS is a midsize? Really? It is a compact.

However, the US launch of the Auris Hybrid could be delayed in Europe
The US launch...could be delayed in Europe. This is just bad editting.
Old 03-10-10, 05:57 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

lol.........
Old 03-10-10, 06:42 PM
LexFather

Another low in writing......I think I know where the fired bankers went to work
Old 03-10-10, 07:29 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Can't wait for the show. I've gone the past two years, this year myself and a friend are going the first weekend of the show. Gonna take plenty of pics, especially of the Lexus's and Cadillac's, I'd be happy to post them up if anyone's interested.
Old 03-10-10, 07:45 PM
06TLDude
Rookie

That's one ugly Toyota Matrix...oh wait Anyway,
Old 03-10-10, 11:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by 06TLDude
I personally think the CT looks a lot better than the Matrix. The CT definitely looks better than the Tier 2 Acura ZDX that's for sure!
Old 03-10-10, 11:43 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the CT looks better than anything Acura has even released as a concept car...
Old 03-11-10, 05:44 AM
LexFather

As you continue to prove you are here to troll. You come to Clublexus to
-post negative about Lexus
-be a Honda fanboy
-not comment in threads here where its complimentary towards Acura and Honda

No Honda/Acura fan should really comment on anything being ugly or even try to leverage something else looks/shares with something else. They are the ugliest and the king of rebadges. They aren't sold in Europe and the CT was designed with the Euro market in mind (where Lexus has been for 20 years). It also is a hybrid, something Acura doesn't have and has stated they will copy Lexus and finally build.

Now please go away.

Last edited by LexFather; 03-11-10 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-11-10, 05:52 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh gawd, I remember that concept vehicle, sooo nasty.
Old 03-11-10, 09:17 AM
06TLDude
Rookie

I could care less if you think Honda/Acura makes ugly cars. Acura doesn’t put money in my pocket or take it out. I don’t work for Honda/Acura, I don’t own stock, have a Honda/Acura coffee mug, etc. Actually, I don’t see what Honda/Acura has to do with me thinking this car is ugly. IMHO, the CT 200h is an ugly rebadged Toyota Matrix. I give it

Don't take it personal.
Old 03-11-10, 09:25 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I could care less if you think Honda/Acura makes ugly cars. Acura doesn’t put money in my pocket or take it out. I don’t work for Honda/Acura, I don’t own stock, have a Honda/Acura coffee mug, etc. Actually, I don’t see what Honda/Acura has to do with me thinking this car is ugly. IMHO, the CT 200h is an ugly rebadged Toyota Matrix. I give it

Don't take it personal.
Obviously you do care a lot to post your opinion in a Lexus biased forum. It's obvious you're only here to insinuate a problem versus contributing to our community. You are entitled to an opinion about the CT200h as much as we do with the horrendous ZDX and Accord Crosstour.
Old 03-11-10, 09:37 AM
06TLDude
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
Obviously you do care a lot to post your opinion in a Lexus biased forum. It's obvious you're only here to insinuate a problem versus contributing to our community.
I disagree, but okay.

Originally Posted by flipside909
You are entitled to an opinion about the CT200h as much as we do with the horrendous ZDX and Accord Crosstour.
Okay, thanks.

Again, don't take it personal. It's just a car (an ugly one ).

Quick Reply: PR: All-New Lexus CT 200h Hybrid Makes North American Debut 2010 NY Auto Show