CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT200h (production version of LF-Ch concept)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 09:32 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

there is a reason why its blurred like that.

looks like they just put an RX grill on the concept and call it a day. A give away is the thin A pillar
Old 02-09-10, 11:19 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Looks plausible. It's a nice mix between the concept LF-Ch and the current gen RX. Only problem I foresee is if young 20-somethings are going to want to drive around a car that looks like their parents CUV.
I think only a handful of you think the LF-Ch looks like an RX based on the photos that were released last month. Specifically how the rear gate and taillights are placed. They're not alike.
Old 02-09-10, 11:48 AM
LexFather

I like it! I see LEDs....glad the face looks aggressive!
Old 02-09-10, 12:11 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I think only a handful of you think the LF-Ch looks like an RX based on the photos that were released last month. Specifically how the rear gate and taillights are placed. They're not alike.
They're not exactly alike, but they are similar.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5152411-post6.html

The butt of the RX and LF-Ch look more alike than the butt of the IS and IS-C, which as we know the IS and IS-C are of the same line. I would have preferred if a version of the concept taillights were preserved, since that would have been a new more aggressive look for Lexus.
Old 02-09-10, 12:23 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good from what I can make out based on that photo.
Old 02-09-10, 12:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by (Cj)
I would have preferred if a version of the concept taillights were preserved, since that would have been a new more aggressive look for Lexus.
There's really not much deviation from the concept taillights to the photos we see now. The rear quarter lamps retain the same shape. The liftgate mounted ones are different. That's just a small departure that may be a deal breaker for some, but not for me.
Old 02-09-10, 02:28 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its certainly confirmed and official...

its already on www.lexusasg.com for those who have access (lexus/toyota employees)
Old 02-09-10, 02:55 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
its certainly confirmed and official...

its already on www.lexusasg.com for those who have access (lexus/toyota employees)
What else is confirmed and official on that site?!!

Not bad so far. Looks pretty aggressive. I like that. One thing that old survey asked was about wheel fitment and stance. Hopefully they came through with that. That'll be big if they did.
Old 02-09-10, 03:17 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
There's really not much deviation from the concept taillights to the photos we see now. The rear quarter lamps retain the same shape. The liftgate mounted ones are different. That's just a small departure that may be a deal breaker for some, but not for me.
Definitely not a deal breaker, but in my personal opinion the concept's taillight design is overall better than the production model. I feel the same way about the LFA's headlights.

concept > production
Old 02-09-10, 04:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jruhi4
Nope. Scion tC shares its platform and 2700mm wheelbase with the Prius, Avensis and Lexus HS.

Lexus LF-Ch (and, presumably, the production Lexus CT) sit on a 2600mm wheelbase, just like Corolla and Matrix.

Now, before everyone starts freaking out and saying that Lexus CT will be just a rebodied Corolla, keep in mind that Toyota platforms are VERY flexible. It's NOT just a matter of adding sound insulation and slapping some Lexus badges on a Matrix. The Lexus HS, though sharing the Prius platform, has a much more sophisticated double-wishbone independent rear suspension than the Prius' torsion beam live axle. And HS received seven significant powertrain upgrades versus the Camry Hybrid. (For more on the subject, see http://my.is/forums/f41/lexus-hs-syb...-world-391268/ ). Expect even greater differentiation between CT and Matrix.
Thanks..Geneva is next month so we will find out soon.
Old 02-09-10, 06:30 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am looking forward to this vehicle! Who knows, if it comes to the US...
Old 02-09-10, 10:45 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by phoebus
i found this photo on the net.. but i am not sure if it is real or not

Looking at it, i gotta say it's ridiculous!!! It looks like a mini RX wtf?!? definitely not cool anymore!
Old 02-10-10, 09:48 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Im about to be 20 something, I think it would be funny to have a RX and CT in the driveway. I dont think it would be such a big thing unless you live at home or something.
Old 02-10-10, 02:28 PM
balutsc300
Lead Lap

i wouldn't mind getting one it looks pretty nice for a hatch and combine that with the luxury of lexus that is FTW lol. although i was waiting on the ft-86 i think this would be a great option for a entry level lexus
Old 02-10-10, 03:37 PM
phoebus
Driver

The back and the front of the car look veeeery similar to RX450h in these "spy shots"! i don't like that

well, we have to wait a few more weeks and hopefully more "official" photos of the car will come out ..right ??

Quick Reply: CT200h (production version of LF-Ch concept)