CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 05:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Not a bad drawing. Lets see what the actual concept will look like. Then the severely toned down production version.
Old 08-16-09, 06:26 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it looks fine but since that's an overly stylized sketch you can't really tell much about the car.
Old 08-16-09, 06:58 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Predictable. Also predictable: how ugly this car will look after it comes out of the concept stage.
Old 08-16-09, 07:28 PM
JessePS

crap have to wait like a month to see it :/
Old 08-16-09, 07:31 PM
LexFather

Sketches are all so sexy with their small windows, huge wheels and exaggerated lines. I'll wait to see the production car.

What is encouraging is Lexus seems to want to make it sporty and aggressive looking and not staid. This is a HUGE HUGE market in Europe and a hybrid hatch will give Lexus something different to offer.

I wonder will it be coupled with diesel?
Old 08-16-09, 08:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Lexus teases with new premium compact concept

I hope this isn't a repost . It was released yesterday on motorauthority.com

A Lexus rival to premium hatchbacks like the BMW 1-Series and Audi A3 has been speculated on for almost the past 12 months but today we have the first official confirmation of the car’s existence thanks to this latest official teaser. Previewing a concept version of the car that is scheduled to be unveiled at next month’s Frankfurt Auto Show, the new teaser gives the first indication of design direction for the upcoming hatch.

The only official information is that the concept will demonstrate a mix of technical innovation and ground-breaking design that “promises to raise the bar in the premium compact segment”. Bold claims given its competition but sadly we may never know as the car will reportedly be sold in overseas markets only.

One of the main reasons for this is because the new hatch will be an entry-level model for Lexus, which means it would have to be priced below the IS range – a segment the company is unlikely to enter in North America.

Not much else is known about the new model but previous reports have suggested that it will feature a hybrid powertrain and share most of its internals with the Toyota Auris, another compact hatch sold in some markets as a Corolla.

The new concept will be revealed for the first time on September 15 so stay tuned. The production version is expected to debut at next year’s Geneva Motor Show in March before going on sale in Europe by the middle of the year.
Attached Thumbnails New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut-lexus-premium-compact-concept-official-teaser_100226677_s.jpg  
Old 08-16-09, 09:02 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like they took the GS and chopped off the butt.

maybe this front end is a clue to how the 4GS will look.
Old 08-16-09, 09:07 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

I like the LF-A hatch
Old 08-16-09, 09:09 PM
LexFather

So Europe keeps the CT and the US will get a hybrid IS here next year. Oddly the IS hybrid may not make it to Europe.
Old 08-16-09, 09:27 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We'll see what the real result is, by so far, I'm glad it hasn't gone towards a more rebadged/Toyota look...going to the CT200h/300h trademark thread, a more Toyota-esque concept was posted there by yours truly, and similar ones appeared on my.IS (the more popular photochopped LF-Xh one is different). This one is more than a 'predictable' effort IMO.

That being said, whether it will be 'inevitably watered down' remains to be seen...I've no doubt there will be changes, but is it on the order of LF-Xh => RX, or LF-Sh => LS?, or LF-A=? Those were different cases.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So Europe keeps the CT and the US will get a hybrid IS here next year. Oddly the IS hybrid may not make it to Europe.
Actually IIRC what's been reported is that the HS hybrid won't make it to Europe because the IS hybrid is the same size and headed there.
Old 08-16-09, 09:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by encore888
We'll see what the real result is, by so far, I'm glad it hasn't gone towards a more rebadged/Toyota look...going to the CT200h/300h trademark thread, a more Toyota-esque concept was posted there by yours truly, and similar ones appeared on my.IS (the more popular photochopped LF-Xh one is different). This one is more than a 'predictable' effort IMO.

That being said, whether it will be 'inevitably watered down' remains to be seen...I've no doubt there will be changes, but is it on the order of LF-Xh => RX, or LF-Sh => LS?, or LF-A=? Those were different cases.

Actually IIRC what's been reported is that the HS hybrid won't make it to Europe because the IS hybrid is the same size and headed there.
Thanks dood
Old 08-16-09, 09:58 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Wow!!! If lexus sticks to this design I am on this car!!! (unless fiat brings over the alfa romeo brera than it will be a tough choice (dont mention reliability it's the last thing I look at when buying a car maybe because im young and not picky)
Old 08-17-09, 06:02 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

That's a pretty good looking sketch. Can't wait to see it in the flesh, and if the keep their aggressive design stance or water it down.

Some slightly new design cues in the front bumper are much better than what the showed on the refresh of the ES.
Old 08-17-09, 09:06 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget that it will inevitably have the new plasticky hybrid grille
Old 08-17-09, 10:40 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Don't forget that it will inevitably have the new plasticky hybrid grille
Doesn't stop people from buying Fusions or Infinitit's. Who knows they may dump the grill is public reaction is . If people buy them, we got to get used to them.

Quick Reply: New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut