CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

F Sport Blue Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-16, 09:15 AM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F Sport Blue Springs

What's a reliable source to purchase the blue F sport lowering springs beside from the dealer? I'm always kind of iffy buying car parts off eBay too.
Old 11-06-16, 09:53 AM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Fsport springs were one of the few things I bought from the dealer because they were the same price as anywhere else. the expensive part is putting them on.

I have not had a single problem with eBay however. I always just make sure the seller has a good rating... 98%-100% positive feedback.
Old 11-06-16, 10:15 AM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SteveMason
Fsport springs were one of the few things I bought from the dealer because they were the same price as anywhere else. the expensive part is putting them on.

I have not had a single problem with eBay however. I always just make sure the seller has a good rating... 98%-100% positive feedback.

I found some on eBay new for $200 shipped and Lexus wants $399.99 on the website. I haven't checked with my dealer yet but I'm assuming they'll charge what the website charges.
Old 11-07-16, 06:54 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

There are several Lexus dealers that sell parts online at a discount. One is www.myLparts.com, or www.lexuspartsnow.com or Lexus South Atlanta. You may need to call them for the F Sport Blue lowering springs. Also Carson Toyota, who is a vendor member here and may be able to get them. I think Carson and my L parts may give an extra discount for being a CL member.
Old 11-07-16, 02:13 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
There are several Lexus dealers that sell parts online at a discount. One is www.myLparts.com, or www.lexuspartsnow.com or Lexus South Atlanta. You may need to call them for the F Sport Blue lowering springs. Also Carson Toyota, who is a vendor member here and may be able to get them. I think Carson and my L parts may give an extra discount for being a CL member.
Thanks for the info, clutchless. I've seen a couple of these websites pop up when doing some research.

Next question: Has anyone ran the blue lowering springs without the blue sway bars? Would I run into any problems if I just swapped springs? I mean, it's only a 134hp car, I don't plan on tracking it. I just want a little more aggressive stance and to kill some of the wheel gap.
Old 12-19-16, 02:44 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Well I ended up buying the blue F Sport lowering springs. Rides the same as the stock F Sport springs. I do wish the fronts would have came down a little more but it's a even drop. They have just over 1000 miles on them. Pretty much settled. Wish I could slam it but this will work for being a daily.
The following users liked this post:
nigel821 (08-07-22)
Old 12-19-16, 02:50 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pretty noticeable difference I'd say (the top picture is before the spring install no?). You could add some spacers to help get rid of some more fender gap.
Old 12-19-16, 02:54 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, top - before, bottom - after. I can live with what gap is left. I've dailied a slammed car 400 miles a week. Not worth the look. I do have some OZ superturismo wheels and tires on the way. That should take care of the rear and most of the front gap.
Old 01-07-17, 11:29 AM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RonSwanson
Pretty noticeable difference I'd say (the top picture is before the spring install no?). You could add some spacers to help get rid of some more fender gap.

I just found a thread that you're running rear spacers. Which route did you go? I just got a set of forgestar f14 18x8.5 +38 and thinking 15 or 20mm spacers in the rear to even out the look. Did you use bolt ons or extended stud spacers?
Old 01-07-17, 01:10 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CT0high0
I just found a thread that you're running rear spacers. Which route did you go? I just got a set of forgestar f14 18x8.5 +38 and thinking 15 or 20mm spacers in the rear to even out the look. Did you use bolt ons or extended stud spacers?
Yup, that is correct. Anything above 10mm (IIRC) you'll need extended studs. You might not need to go that far for spacers, my rims are 18x8 +35 and I only needed 10mm to fill in the gap. You can see the wheel fitment of my car from the build link in my signature.
Make sure your spacers have the following specs: 5x100 CB 54.1mm 12x1.5 and you also may need hubrings for the rims.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-17, 01:15 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

Yup, that is correct. Anything above 10mm (IIRC) you'll need extended studs. You might not need to go that far for spacers, my rims are 18x8 +35 and I only needed 10mm to fill in the gap. You can see the wheel fitment of my car from the build link in my signature.
Make sure your spacers have the following specs: 5x100 CB 54.1mm 12x1.5 and you also may need hubrings for the rims.

Good luck!
Do you have a link to the spacers you're using? And yes, I ordered hub rings, as they were originally built for a FRS with 56mm HB.
Old 01-07-17, 01:28 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Do you have a link to the spacers you're using? And yes, I ordered hub rings, as they were originally built for a FRS with 56mm HB.
The rear spacers I have are Ichiba V1.
Old 01-07-17, 01:35 PM
CT0high0
Driver School Candidate

The rear spacers I have are Ichiba V1.
How easy is it to change out the rear studs? Did you do it yourself? Most web sites are saying anything over 5mm needs to use the extended studs.

Last edited by CT0high0; 01-07-17 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-08-17, 05:28 AM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

How easy is it to change out the rear studs? Did you do it yourself? Most web sites are saying anything over 5mm needs to use the extended studs.
You could use something called et lugnuts
http://wheelprofessor.com/2009/02/20/tech-stuff-13-et-lug-nuts-what-are-they-and-why/

Good read. I also strongly advise you to buy a quality torque wrench. This could mean a life or death situation.

Scenario your spacer is not on properly. That comes loose inside your wheel. Since your wheel is bolted to the spacer properly. Your wheel falls off. Mechanics love to just put a air gun on your lugs and tighten then till they hear it or think it is tight. Meanwhile all they had to do was tighten it down to the recommended spec. I personally do 125 ft#. And the wrench was $40 bucks on sale from Sears on black Friday deal.

I run spacer adapters on my other car in a real aggressive fitments for the last 6 years with no issues of I follow basic rules of installation.

I run a 19*9.5 with 62mm offset front corrected to 42mm with a 235-35-19 and a 19*11.5 with a 62mm offset rear corrected to 27mm with a 265-30-19. I have about 3 sheets of paper clearance in the rear before it rubs a dub dub.
That's not fun as a daily.
Old 01-08-17, 10:53 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Had someone do it for me. You'll also need a realignment after the install, so I just found a shop that could do both.

Quick Reply: F Sport Blue Springs