CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT-200h Info and Locations

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-16, 05:25 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Checked my local area, none that I see that are within range. Plus I looked the prices, and their no haggle prices are through the roof....nowhere near 'fair market value'.

And this is the general consensus I'm hearing. Low cost sounds great, good fuel economy, comfortable. The only thing that has me on edge is that 1.8 if I wanna jump back into an anemic car. I'll have to find one locally to test drive to see how it feels again.
its for test drives, since you were looking to check one out. they have free transfers from carmax to carmax. order one, test drive. you are not obligated to buy it.
Old 09-20-16, 07:34 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

The last time I visited CarMax, they charge for transfers between their stores.

Originally Posted by irondonkey
its for test drives, since you were looking to check one out. they have free transfers from carmax to carmax. order one, test drive. you are not obligated to buy it.
Old 09-20-16, 08:40 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Also you can turn the dial to SPORT mode and it will go quicker at the expense of mpg.

I leave it in ECO most of the time.

Overall I'm happy with the CT200H as far as a commuter car. As long as your objectives are in line........Meaning YES it is a Lexus, but don't expect the same level "luxury " as the rest of Lexus line up. For example, the reliability IS STILL A LEXUS , but the noise level is somewhat UN-Lexus.

If I had to pick only between a Prius and a CT200H (even paying a higher premium for the CT200H ), I'll pick the CT200H.

Checked my local area, none that I see that are within range. Plus I looked the prices, and their no haggle prices are through the roof....nowhere near 'fair market value'.

And this is the general consensus I'm hearing. Low cost sounds great, good fuel economy, comfortable. The only thing that has me on edge is that 1.8 if I wanna jump back into an anemic car. I'll have to find one locally to test drive to see how it feels again.

Last edited by lexusrus; 09-20-16 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-20-16, 11:24 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
The last time I visited CarMax, they charge for transfers between their stores.
depends on location. i actually purchased my CT from carmax, and it was transferred. somewhat close dealers will transport free. but if it's going cross country, there's a fee.
Old 09-21-16, 07:45 AM
SFarmer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Also you can turn the dial to SPORT mode and it will go quicker at the expense of mpg.

I leave it in ECO most of the time.

Overall I'm happy with the CT200H as far as a commuter car. As long as your objectives are in line........Meaning YES it is a Lexus, but don't expect the same level "luxury " as the rest of Lexus line up. For example, the reliability IS STILL A LEXUS , but the noise level is somewhat UN-Lexus.

If I had to pick only between a Prius and a CT200H (even paying a higher premium for the CT200H ), I'll pick the CT200H.
Actually, I drive in sport mode most of the time because I prefer the feel. In my own limited testing, I get the same mileage in all 3 modes. Unlike some cars, the difference between NORMAL and SPORT seems only be the throttle mapping. ECO may limit the climate control a bit to save some fuel, but when I'm in ECO I tend to use the accelerator pedal more to compensate for the sluggish feel. I average 43-48mpg on short 30-40 minute trips and as high as 53mpg on flat ground at 60-70 mph. Mountains kill the mileage quickly no matter what mode I'm in.

Although the CT is limited in horsepower, it feels quite responsive in normal everyday driving because the hybrid motors give it substantial torque at low speeds. I really only miss the horsepower when passing a car or pulling out onto a busy highway and need to get up to 60-70 quickly. On twisty country roads or around town, it is a pleasure to drive and handles remarkably well for a 4-door sedan.

I agree that it is not as luxury or as quiet as some other Lexus models, but it is more luxury and more quiet than other high-mpg cars. I purchased a 2015 CPO and have been very happy with the decision.

Old 09-21-16, 07:49 AM
SFarmer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by irondonkey
depends on location. i actually purchased my CT from carmax, and it was transferred. somewhat close dealers will transport free. but if it's going cross country, there's a fee.
Yes, same here in SoCal... free transfers from all regional Carmax locations, but transfer charges from more distant locations. If you just want to do a test drive, go to your local Lexus dealer. They should have new and used ones to look at and test drive.
Old 09-21-16, 08:48 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

One more thing.....I think with 2015 and later the CT200H had improved significantly on the small overlap test.

Old 09-23-16, 09:40 AM
ltsr
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by SFarmer
Actually, I drive in sport mode most of the time because I prefer the feel. In my own limited testing, I get the same mileage in all 3 modes. Unlike some cars, the difference between NORMAL and SPORT seems only be the throttle mapping. ECO may limit the climate control a bit to save some fuel, but when I'm in ECO I tend to use the accelerator pedal more to compensate for the sluggish feel. I average 43-48mpg on short 30-40 minute trips and as high as 53mpg on flat ground at 60-70 mph. Mountains kill the mileage quickly no matter what mode I'm in.

Although the CT is limited in horsepower, it feels quite responsive in normal everyday driving because the hybrid motors give it substantial torque at low speeds. I really only miss the horsepower when passing a car or pulling out onto a busy highway and need to get up to 60-70 quickly. On twisty country roads or around town, it is a pleasure to drive and handles remarkably well for a 4-door sedan.

I agree that it is not as luxury or as quiet as some other Lexus models, but it is more luxury and more quiet than other high-mpg cars. I purchased a 2015 CPO and have been very happy with the decision.
Interesting observation about the same mileage with all 3 modes. I bet you wish the car would just be in sport mode when you hop in without having to actively engage it every time you start the car.
Old 09-23-16, 12:56 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ltsr
Interesting observation about the same mileage with all 3 modes. I bet you wish the car would just be in sport mode when you hop in without having to actively engage it every time you start the car.
Aside from electric only, I imagine it's pretty much the same as the 'power' button in my GS. In normal mode it tries to restrict shifts, unless the gas pedal is mashed, to stay under 3k. All Power mode does is allow the shifts to go past 3k with less effort. There is no 'true' power increase, but as he said shift mapping.
Old 09-23-16, 01:00 PM
SFarmer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ltsr
Yes, it would be nice if it stayed at the "last used" mode... especially for those who prefer to drive in ECO mode most of the time. I don't think Carista or any other OBD2 device let's you set a default mode.
Old 09-23-16, 01:00 PM
ltsr
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Aside from electric only, I imagine it's pretty much the same as the 'power' button in my GS. In normal mode it tries to restrict shifts, unless the gas pedal is mashed, to stay under 3k. All Power mode does is allow the shifts to go past 3k with less effort. There is no 'true' power increase, but as he said shift mapping.
It is what you described. Essentially it removes the delay in throttle response and acts like a pure gasoline engine. From my observation of sport mode it does not matter if your throttle is at 5%, 50% or 100% the throttle mapping is definitely more aggressive. I have a 2017 ct200h, this is the behavior of sport mode. I can't speak about the other years.