Aftermarket Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-16, 04:56 PM
jayskeet
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Wheels

Hey CL,

I've been thinking about some 18s aftermarket market rims. Not entirely sure on what brand for but I would love to keep it under a grand. I'm not all that knowledgable on tires or rims so help would be appreciated! Thank you!
Old 08-13-16, 06:38 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am going to be selling my 18" niche m129 but they have some curbing on them. They are painted gunmetal grey so it could be touched up though.
Old 08-13-16, 09:05 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by jayskeet
Hey CL,

I've been thinking about some 18s aftermarket market rims. Not entirely sure on what brand for but I would love to keep it under a grand. I'm not all that knowledgable on tires or rims so help would be appreciated! Thank you!
Are you looking for wheels and tires for under a grand? Be careful on what you buy because of the weight of aftermarket wheels will affect your gas mileage. If you are looking for wheels and tires under a grand, that is going to be tough for a good set.
Old 08-13-16, 09:07 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SteveMason
I am going to be selling my 18" niche m129 but they have some curbing on them. They are painted gunmetal grey so it could be touched up though.
Is that your new BBK?
Old 08-14-16, 11:59 AM
jayskeet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldwineguy
Are you looking for wheels and tires for under a grand? Be careful on what you buy because of the weight of aftermarket wheels will affect your gas mileage. If you are looking for wheels and tires under a grand, that is going to be tough for a good set.
Rims under a grand! any tire suggestions would be great too
Old 08-15-16, 03:46 AM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jayskeet
Rims under a grand! any tire suggestions would be great too
Don't go too cheap like I did last time. I got triangle tires from china and they make so much road noise. They sound like winter tires! I am getting a cheap to mid set from my tire shop soon so I will let you know how they are. There also might be a tire shop in your area that sells used tires. I got them before on my last car and they were at 80% and cost over half the original cost.
Old 08-15-16, 07:19 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,092 Likes on 932 Posts

I got wheels here for my RX350 and after over a year they are still looking and riding great. http://www.oewheelsllc.com/

Their wheels for Lexus - Toyota are OEM correct 60.1 hub size, and offset and bolt pattern. Prices are excellent.

They do not list the CT200h specificaly, Go to the left column and select wheel sets for Lexus. I think most front wheel drive models wheels will fit. Then you can call or email them to confirm fit.

Last edited by Clutchless; 08-15-16 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-15-16, 10:01 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Be careful when you buy aftermarket wheels that you get the correct bolt patter and offset. The CT has a 5x100 bolt pattern (different than other Lexus vehicles) and a high offset (+45). Pick a style you like, then find a reputable wheel manufacturer, check if they have the correct bolt pattern and offset available and check the weight. The OEM Trident wheels are s +36 offset, so you do have a little play in the offset, but that will depend on if you plan on lowering the car or not. My AG wheels were custom ordered with the correct bolt pattern and offset and are rotary forged so only weigh 21lbs. Stock wheels weigh between 24lbs-25lbs.
As for tires, find the size you want, read the reviews, stick with a name brand and you should be good. Where in California are you? 714Tires has great prices and they are in Westminster (SoCal)
Old 08-15-16, 10:20 PM
jayskeet
Driver School Candidate

Be careful when you buy aftermarket wheels that you get the correct bolt patter and offset. The CT has a 5x100 bolt pattern (different than other Lexus vehicles) and a high offset (+45). Pick a style you like, then find a reputable wheel manufacturer, check if they have the correct bolt pattern and offset available and check the weight. The OEM Trident wheels are s +36 offset, so you do have a little play in the offset, but that will depend on if you plan on lowering the car or not. My AG wheels were custom ordered with the correct bolt pattern and offset and are rotary forged so only weigh 21lbs. Stock wheels weigh between 24lbs-25lbs.
As for tires, find the size you want, read the reviews, stick with a name brand and you should be good. Where in California are you? 714Tires has great prices and they are in Westminster (SoCal)
Really plan on lowering on Fsport Lowering Springs because of the modest drop while still retaining the functionality. Does having too much/too little offset upset the car? I own a 2014 Base CT and I'm located in the Cerritos/la Palma area
Old 08-16-16, 06:22 AM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Generally the higher the offset, the further inset the wheel sits and the lower the offset, the further it sticks out toward the fender. Wheel size and width, whether it has a lip or not and tire size will all have a bearing on how the wheels will sit and if you may or may not rub being lowered. The offset on the stock wheels is +45, but the optional Trident Wheels are +36 and both are 17x7, but the Tridents would sit more flush (closer to the fender). There are many vendors on the Forum that can help you, Get Your Wheels is in your area and has done a few CTs
Old 08-16-16, 08:52 AM
jayskeet
Driver School Candidate

Generally the higher the offset, the further inset the wheel sits and the lower the offset, the further it sticks out toward the fender. Wheel size and width, whether it has a lip or not and tire size will all have a bearing on how the wheels will sit and if you may or may not rub being lowered. The offset on the stock wheels is +45, but the optional Trident Wheels are +36 and both are 17x7, but the Tridents would sit more flush (closer to the fender). There are many vendors on the Forum that can help you, Get Your Wheels is in your area and has done a few CTs
Alright sweet! Very helpful information! Thank you sir
Old 08-16-16, 11:33 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

I like those current wheels.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886