Black emblems?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-16, 09:47 PM
combatc200
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black emblems?

Hey guys, I've had no luck searching.

I want Black emblems for the front and rear bumper.

The Lexus logo to be exact.
Old 06-13-16, 01:09 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I replaced both of mine. If you want OEM black, you'll have to buy IS/RX emblems which will be way more expensive than used chrome ones you can get from eBay. I ended up wrapping them with metallic black vinyl, which have been good enough for me.

I actually made a sort of DIY for emblem replacement here: http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...r-emblems.html

You can see more pics of my emblems from the build link in my signature.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-13-16, 01:16 AM
combatc200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RonSwanson
I replaced both of mine. If you want OEM black, you'll have to buy IS/RX emblems which will be way more expensive than used chrome ones you can get from eBay. I ended up wrapping them with metallic black vinyl, which have been good enough for me.

I actually made a sort of DIY for emblem replacement here: http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...r-emblems.html

You can see more pics of my emblems from the build link in my signature.

Hope this helps.

Awesome info!

I am almost done with my build I will post everything very soon.

So to be clear, Front and Rear logo's if I wanted them in Black , the OEM IS/RX will fit?
I have a 2014 BTW

BTW your idea is tempting, I checked your links Do you remember where you bought everything? I saw a few dead ebay links on your thread. Let me know, thanks again.

Last edited by combatc200; 06-13-16 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-13-16, 01:34 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by combatc200
Awesome info!

I am almost done with my build I will post everything very soon.

So to be clear, Front and Rear logo's if I wanted them in Black , the OEM IS/RX will fit?
I have a 2014 BTW

BTW your idea is tempting, I checked your links Do you remember where you bought everything? I saw a few dead ebay links on your thread. Let me know, thanks again.
Yea, sorry it's been 2 years since I've done this, but I do remember posting the model and year of the emblems I bought and I think I posted pics/descriptions of how the pins in the back of the emblem need to be somewhere in that thread. I bought both emblems from eBay, I made the guide since I don't believe anyone had replaced their rear emblem before (someone replaced their front but did not post a guide). Keep in mind that for the rear you'll have that sensor hole which you'll need to get custom inserts for.

BTW, for the front emblem I'd recommend just removing the front bumper (there is a detailed guide somewhere here or ct200hforum).
Old 06-13-16, 04:50 PM
combatc200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RonSwanson
Yea, sorry it's been 2 years since I've done this, but I do remember posting the model and year of the emblems I bought and I think I posted pics/descriptions of how the pins in the back of the emblem need to be somewhere in that thread. I bought both emblems from eBay, I made the guide since I don't believe anyone had replaced their rear emblem before (someone replaced their front but did not post a guide). Keep in mind that for the rear you'll have that sensor hole which you'll need to get custom inserts for.

BTW, for the front emblem I'd recommend just removing the front bumper (there is a detailed guide somewhere here or ct200hforum).
I can't find anything on ebay.

What are my other options?
I really can't find anything driving me crazy.