CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Just wanted to say hi. Got a 2016 CT F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-16, 09:43 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Default Just wanted to say hi. Got a 2016 CT F-Sport

I love the car so far. Had it for about two weeks. Averaging 43mpg indicated. The very next day after purchasing it, I installed RX350 bi-xenon projectors inside the factory headlights complete with dual-relay harness, Denso ballasts, and Osram CBI bulbs. I also installed LED fog lights (actual LED fog lights and not cheap LED bulbs). Needless to say, the lighting is night and day. I also swapped out all bulbs in the entire car with LED bulbs. Turn indicators, back up lights, interior, etc. I installed a subwoofer and amp to the factory system. I also added a dash cam which is hardwired. I'll post some info on how I did each one of these things.

On order are Lexus F Sport springs and 10/15mm spacers for F/R w/ extended studs. After that I'll get tint and MAYBE do front speakers and amp. And that's about it!

I have a huge DIY background and come from the BMW world. So I plan to contribute very high quality info and writeups to the community.

Old 03-02-16, 11:48 AM
Lexus61030
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! I love what you've done (& planning on doing) to your CT
Old 03-02-16, 12:38 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome! I'm glad to hear that you're already planning to post up some DIY guides, I've attempted to make a few myself (front/rear emblem replace and Alpine amp installation), but I've been waiting for a projector guide, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. There are DIY guides for interior LEDs and front/rear speakers, but extra tips wouldn't hurt.

Also, which wire did you tap for your dash cam? I was lazy and used the same wire as the one I tapped for a LCD rear view mirror (for back-up cam), but occasionally the dash cam won't turn on automatically, so I want to change it without having to test more wires to find an accessory.
Old 03-02-16, 02:32 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

beautiful car!

I too came from the E46 world, e46fanatics any one?

can't wait to see more pictures of your upgrades
Old 03-02-16, 02:42 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. Sorry the pic came through jumbled.

As for the dash cam, I spliced into the 12V constant from the cig lighter socket at the center console and ran a wire across the driver side and up the a pillar. Same thing as I did in the Prius. I tested every single wire using a multimeter at and around the map console plug as well as the LCD mirror and could not find a constant 12V. Very strange.

I found I had to do the same thing in my 2015 Prius (traded it in for this car)
Old 03-02-16, 10:52 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by E46CT
As for the dash cam, I spliced into the 12V constant from the cig lighter socket at the center console and ran a wire across the driver side and up the a pillar. Same thing as I did in the Prius. I tested every single wire using a multimeter at and around the map console plug as well as the LCD mirror and could not find a constant 12V. Very strange.
That's interesting and thanks for the help. I tapped into the wire in the driver boot, but I'll move it to the cig lighter. Is the wire pretty obvious? (I.e. the red one that come out of the 12V outlet; I don't currently have a multimeter )
Old 03-15-16, 11:01 AM
twindc23
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet looking ride!!! I too got mine from El Monte Longo. Sadie was my Sales Agent. She was really good!
Old 03-15-16, 12:24 PM
combatc200
Driver School Candidate

Fsport springs?
Dont Fsports come w/Fsport springs?
Old 03-15-16, 06:09 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

F-Sports come with the black F-Sport springs, not the Blue F-Sport lowering springs
Old 03-15-16, 06:14 PM
combatc200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wineguy
F-Sports come with the black F-Sport springs, not the Blue F-Sport lowering springs
How much lower does it drop the car with Blue springs?

Tanabe is about .5 // Megan is same about .5.
What will the Fsport Blues do?
Old 03-15-16, 08:21 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

I am not sure about the Tanabe's. but I had the Megans on before and they are 1.5" in the front and 0.9" in the back. I thought they rode great, just not low enough for me. They are blue just like the F-Sport lowering springs.

The Lexus site say "F Sport™ Lowering Springs offer a more aggressive stance and a lower center of gravity. Installing these springs front and rear sets the vehicle approximately 1" closer to the ground. "
Old 03-15-16, 09:15 PM
combatc200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wineguy
I am not sure about the Tanabe's. but I had the Megans on before and they are 1.5" in the front and 0.9" in the back. I thought they rode great, just not low enough for me. They are blue just like the F-Sport lowering springs.

The Lexus site say "F Sport™ Lowering Springs offer a more aggressive stance and a lower center of gravity. Installing these springs front and rear sets the vehicle approximately 1" closer to the ground. "

got it, I was misinformed.
I thought they lowered the car .5 inch all the way around.
Old 03-15-16, 10:54 PM
MIK23
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats! Did you lease or buy? If you leased, do you mind sharing your deal? I'll be going to Longo this weekend and the blue CT200h f sport is exactly what I am interested in. Thanks!
Old 03-16-16, 12:54 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MIK23
congrats! Did you lease or buy? If you leased, do you mind sharing your deal? I'll be going to Longo this weekend and the blue CT200h f sport is exactly what I am interested in. Thanks!
As for Mike K internet sales manager! Tell him I sent you (tell him I bought the blue F sport from him a month ago) he will remember me. I leased mine. My lease details are going to be different because I rolled my 2015 Prius lease defecit into the new car. I got a great deal though
Old 03-16-16, 02:07 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by E46CT
I leased mine. My lease details are going to be different because I rolled my 2015 Prius lease defecit into the new car. I got a great deal though
Are you leasing to own? If not, how does it work since you're doing some seemingly irreversible mods (i.e. projectors, audio/wire tapping, etc.)?

Oh also, if you get a chance can you take a picture of your HID cutoff? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Just wanted to say hi. Got a 2016 CT F-Sport