CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Sold my IS350 for CT200h F-Sport and have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-16, 07:45 AM
Zender
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold my IS350 for CT200h F-Sport and have some questions

Hi, I sold my 2006 IS350 and purchased a 2014 CT200h F-sport (Canada) and have a bunch of questions.

1) I read in the manual you can replace the startup image on the display screen and was wondering if there was a repository of custom images somewhere. I was going to make one but thought there had to be some great ones already made that might give me ideas. Also does anyone know what the optimum resolution the image should be?

2) Send quick response text messages on iPhone possible. The option never appears and it seems like from what I have read, this feature is not supported on the iPhone. I have an iPhone 6.

3) Has there been any software updates? I check and my car has no updates showing in the history. Also, how do you update? I assume you copy something onto USB drive or does dealer do it only?

4) Wanted to buy a cargo net if anyone has one for sale. The price from Lexus IS a little much for a net. Is there a good place to buy accessories for CTs?

5) Also would like to purchase a stock front license plate frame. Car has never had a front plate and my province (BC) requires one. Again Lexus pricing of is pretty high so maybe there is someone out there that doesn't need theirs and would sell it.

6) Is there a way to leverage the video in on the screen? I noticed settings regarding ntsc vs pal on video input and assume it is done via the plug near the USB. I haven't been able to find any good info on the subject though.

7) My wife has a Prius and it has an area to input here cost of gas so each time you turn off the car it tells you how much the trip cost you in gas. Is that possible on the CT? Also is there anyway to quickly switch to the gas economy view on the screen without having to constantly go to menu, info, economy, etc?

Thanks
Old 02-23-16, 08:10 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

4) Wanted to buy a cargo net if anyone has one for sale. The price from Lexus IS a little much for a net. Is there a good place to buy accessories for CTs?
I bought ours on EBay for 20 bucks or so and it's Lexus OEM, brand new and in the bag.

Where in BC are you? I'm in Chilliwack.
Old 02-24-16, 07:41 AM
Zender
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I bought ours on EBay for 20 bucks or so and it's Lexus OEM, brand new and in the bag.

Where in BC are you? I'm in Chilliwack.
I am Kelowna

Been scanning eBay but can't seem to find anything under $40US + shipping and with the state of the dollar, it ends up being pretty much as much as buy direct from Lexus.

Last edited by Zender; 02-24-16 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-24-16, 08:18 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Zender

Thanks
There is one for sale in the Classified Section