CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT 200t??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-16, 07:44 PM
dci4life
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT 200t??

Will it ever happen? Would you trade your hybrid for a turbo model surrendering your prized gas mileage? I have been contemplating an NX 200t but now that I see them putting the 200t in the GS and RC i feel it's only time til the CT gets the 200t motor.
Old 01-08-16, 07:38 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

The only reason I got the CT was for the reason the CT is out there......fuel economy and a compact, hatchback body style. Sooooo.....no.
Old 01-08-16, 07:50 AM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
The only reason I got the CT was for the reason the CT is out there......fuel economy and a compact, hatchback body style. Sooooo.....no.
The fuel economy is the main reason I have one as well. I have heard that electric turbochargers are making allot of headway though. I'm not talking about those useless POS on ebay fo $50, I mean the ones that Audi will be using in their upcoming A5 in addition to the new Bugatti chiron. We already have a 48v power supply and a regenerative system so it seams very possible to me.
Old 01-08-16, 04:42 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Those "POS" units on Ebay are known to give you an extra 50hp.

They'll also whip you up a nice frappuccino.
Old 01-08-16, 04:43 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

I got this car because it's amazing on gas, it handles very well, and not many people are modding this car. And even the ppl who do mod this car, most go the bagged/slammed route. I'm doing something quite different.

My car is set up to rip it on the Tail of the Dragon.
Old 01-09-16, 05:32 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

ive been screaming for YEARS they need to make the CT into a hot hatch!!
Old 01-09-16, 08:42 AM
dunahoo
Pole Position

Go to the Dragon often? I used to live in Wears Valley

Originally Posted by nabbun
I got this car because it's amazing on gas, it handles very well, and not many people are modding this car. And even the ppl who do mod this car, most go the bagged/slammed route. I'm doing something quite different.

My car is set up to rip it on the Tail of the Dragon.
Old 01-09-16, 11:53 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunahoo
Go to the Dragon often? I used to live in Wears Valley
I usually go once a year with nico
Old 01-12-16, 06:32 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
I usually go once a year with nico
He actually does go once a year with that slowness!!!
Old 01-16-16, 03:25 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Doing anything to a low powered 1.8 liter engine is pointless.

What Toyota should do is unlock the electric settings so you can accelerate very, very fast using the electric motor.
It is a shame the put an electric motor in this car and only let it be used for slow speeds and slow acceleration.
The electric motor could launch this car.
Old 01-19-16, 05:57 AM
johnl617
Rookie

I bought this car with the intentions of travelling long distances while looking good in the f-Sport model. Nothing like paying 20 or so bucks to fill up a tank. However, the CT200T would be sick as I get compliments on how my hatchback is so nice but only a hybrid.... most of them are Civic Hatch drivers though.... LMAO.
Old 01-20-16, 07:49 AM
lcneed
Driver

Originally Posted by johnl617
I bought this car with the intentions of travelling long distances while looking good in the f-Sport model. Nothing like paying 20 or so bucks to fill up a tank. However, the CT200T would be sick as I get compliments on how my hatchback is so nice but only a hybrid.... most of them are Civic Hatch drivers though.... LMAO.
Heh. My niece was driving my CT for a while before she bought her Mazda 3 hatchback. I think she bought it because it kinds of look like the CT and it is much much cheaper. After a few months I asked how she likes her car..she is it is good.. but not "powerful" like the CT. LOL.

I just had the NX 200T as a loaner car while my CT was at the dealer getting serviced. I was actually getting about 30 mpg over the 450 miles while I had the car. If that engine was put into the CT, I will probably get over 35 mpg which is not bad. I am getting 45 right now.

CT was the first hybrid but I am really liking it.. not really because of the MPG... I like that you don't have to change the brake pads...and the wheels are always clean with no brake dust.
Old 01-20-16, 07:58 AM
TucsonLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that the turbo engine would be a ton of fun in the CT, but I don't see Lexus doing that. The whole reason for the little turbo engine is to improve the the average corporate fuel economy for Lexus. Placing it in the CT only reduces that.
Old 01-20-16, 04:43 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnl617
I bought the CT because it is essentially a Corolla hatchback. Toyota does not sell the Corolla hatchback in the US. So the only way to get one is to buy the Lexus CT.

http://www3.toyota.com.au/corolla

Old 01-20-16, 05:11 PM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by r81984
I bought the CT because it is essentially a Corolla hatchback. Toyota does not sell the Corolla hatchback in the US. So the only way to get one is to buy the Lexus CT.

http://www3.toyota.com.au/corolla

Then the Scion iM would be your best bet.

Quick Reply: CT 200t??