CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CPO CT200H or CPO CRV

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-16, 12:42 PM
jbny
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks all for your help,

I did test drive the civic and it drove nice but interior does not compare well to the CT (my Opinion), also test drove the New CRV and a CPO RX350.

Like the RX350 for all the space it offers and the CT for the way it handled, now this is the question I have and need opinions please.

I have an 06 X5 4.8IS that I drive a few times a week and many times just the weekend.(love it)
Would you think it makes sense to have the X5 and an RX350? or X5 and CT? Since my commute right now is to the train station only, do you think the RX will be ok with the short Mile and a half commute where the engine barely would get a chance to heat up ?

What would you do?

Thanks for your help
Old 01-06-16, 03:01 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Your fuel economy will suffer quite a bit with just a 1.5 mile commute. I'm sure the RX would have no problem doing it, but you'll likely be seeing low tens, especially during the colder climate. I much rather have an X5 and CT than two similar vehicles. At least the CT offers something vastly different.
Old 01-07-16, 12:44 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

What would you do?
This what I DID. Got rid of the X5 ASAP. Nothing but trouble with it, and a miserable gas guzzler. The only thing I miss it for is the trailer hitch.
Old 03-23-16, 05:58 AM
jbny
Driver

Apologies for reviving an old thread...I had stopped my search for a few months and now i am back.

Roadfrog - I have thought about selling the X5 many times however every time i drive i love it and talk myself into keeping it for some more time.

I am making my wife crazy as well with all the cars i keep bringing up and have not made up my mind yet, at least now I have decided to go for a Lexus.....as a friend of mine with infinity (G37) and Acura (rdx) told me to go for Lexus among Japanese Brands....and am no longer falling for the German trap.....so here it goes again :-(
If I extend my budget by a little and look for a CPO GS350 Base or RX350 instead of CT200H I will be in a better situation when the X5 eventually dies, I have been reading a lot about these two and time and again it seems it's hard to compare the two as they are really different...i have not test driven the GS yest cause the Lexus dealer around me might be tired of me showing up and testing cars and not buying any.....but RX wasn't that bad....which one do you think is more reliable and better put together between the RX and GS...

Thanks all for your responses......
Old 03-23-16, 07:51 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I would pick the GS over the RX. The material and fit/finish is on another level. It handles great and is pretty roomy. Obviously if you need an SUV then the RX is your only choice of the two.
Old 03-30-16, 06:50 AM
jbny
Driver

thanks GSteg

After going back and forth I finally went for 2013 CT200h F sport
Old 04-01-16, 05:10 AM
jbny
Driver

This is a nice lil car :-) and I see 49.8 MPG on a 200 Mile Trip.....Is that even possible???

I will have to search the forum to remove the backup camera chime , also the audio keeps lowering and increasing volume from time to time, have to search on that...

Thanks all for your help
Old 04-03-16, 08:52 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

Originally Posted by jbny
This is a nice lil car :-) and I see 49.8 MPG on a 200 Mile Trip.....Is that even possible???

I will have to search the forum to remove the backup camera chime , also the audio keeps lowering and increasing volume from time to time, have to search on that...

Thanks all for your help
Old 04-04-16, 08:14 AM
KKM
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jbny

Thanks all for your help
Whatever MPG you are seeing on your dash is usually 2-3 mpg high.
The constant back up chime can be reduce to 1 chime by the dealership, not sure if you can do it by yourself.
Old 04-07-16, 06:17 PM
jbny
Driver

Thanks all for your help...i find myself trying to get the CT to run with ev light on as much as possible😀

Old 04-10-16, 06:14 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats .. It's great at what it's intended to be .. and "yes" 46 is possible .. we do it.

I has a house fire a bit over three years ago -- lost a MB SL/ Porsche Cayenne / Lexus ES. I'm blessed ... or cursed ... how every you look at it .....with two vacation places outside of the city. With the loss of three cars and the need to drive out to the house all the time (insurance/ builder)... I started to use a recently purchased Prius that I bought for the family/ business vs and older SUV that I keep at the beach. I was surprised how much I like the Prius -- Its a fine little car in and out of the city and in traffic .. actually better in traffic. I never replaced the three cars. I bought the CT vs just getting another Prius ... It's a nice compromise ... We get 60 mpg with the Prius in the summer. I also like that i don't worry about the Prius or CT and nothing needs attention .. like my German cars.
Old 04-15-16, 11:22 AM
jbny
Driver

Glad you and your family is safe , cars a loss but I hope insurance paid for it.

I am looking forward to trouble free ownership as the Germans do need a lot of attention, just today i found out that the blower in my X5 refused to stop no matter what i do, I ended up taking the fuse off while I troubleshoot.