CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What Do you want most in the new CT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-15, 09:37 AM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What Do you want most in the new CT?

With the launch of the Gen 2 next year, what do you want it to have? Do you want more luxury features (like a Mark Levison stereo for us North Americans), additional engine options, a plug-in option, a remote hatch release (my wife's biggest hope) or is your hope that the essential features of the CT like nimble handling, good gas mileage, good looks and "hatch" convenience are preserved?
Old 10-27-15, 10:26 AM
edgalang
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want the EV mode to be enabled by default. Or make it into a toggle switch for those that like it disabled. Point is I do not want the engine to run while inside the garage.
Old 10-27-15, 10:34 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ask is small. I wish it gets the 2.5 l engine instead of the current 1.8 l. All other things can remain as is.
Old 10-27-15, 03:41 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LED headlight as standard, even the $17k corolla has them as standard feature, the standard halogen no longer cuts it in 2016, not to mention it looks ridiculous with standard LED DRL

not much more to ask for in car of this caliber, I think from the 2016 prius spec, the engine remains 1.8L but more HP and more efficient, increase in MPG is always preferred, a lot of non hybrid compact are approaching 42mpg without the added cost of hybrid, Toyota/Lexus needs to step up more.

Lexus said earlier this year that they had no plans for plug in Lexus as they don't see the benefits so I doubt extended EV use is in the future

ML audio might be too expensive of an option for CT, I was thinking things like lane departure warning and all those luxury car options to be either a choice or standard on the new CT, it only makes sense or else CT will just continue to be a glorified Prius with an expensive marquee
Old 10-28-15, 08:13 PM
navyasw02
Driver School Candidate

Minor things:

1. An up/down button on the right side of the steering wheel instead of just mode. I hate hitting mode 5 times to go back one.
2. For us non-nav folks, a backup camera with the moving guidelines and proximity alerts
3. A nicer/updated interior. It's nice, it's comfortable, it's functional, but after sitting in new Lexus models it's not Lexus it's Toyota plus. Design cues from the new NX and RX would be much appreciated in addition to a radio that's not from 1997
4. A user's manual that isnt 692 pages. It's a car, not a space ship. Keeping it in my car means I cant even put gloves in the glove box.
Old 10-28-15, 10:56 PM
NudleBoy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Larger engine. 2.5L engine hybrid would be great.
Old 10-29-15, 06:36 AM
xCaldazar
Driver School Candidate

My biggest want would be the perforated leather seats with the air conditioning. I had it in the loaner IS250 and it was wonderful.

Electrochromic side mirrors. The CT is a low car, trucks and SUVs are bright and wider so they hit both side mirrors at once.

As OP mentioned, touchless hatch opening and closing.

It would be really cool to offer both a hybrid and turbo version, like the 200t they just put in the IS.
Old 10-29-15, 08:51 AM
UMassMike
Driver School Candidate

I agree with the luxury aspects of it. It feels like a glorified Toyota, so it would be nice if there were some of the luxury touches of the IS into the 2016 CT.
Old 10-29-15, 10:56 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

All very good suggestions. It would be great if Lexus expanded the CT line to include the CT 300h with a 2.5L engine and a CT 200t.

Lexus understands that they would sell more of the 200h compared to the 300h because of costs however with the 200t it would be the first CT with only a petrol motor and should cost significantly less compared to it's hybrid counterparts.

ML, electrochromic side mirrors and a remote open and close for the hatch should definitely be an option as well.
Old 10-29-15, 06:20 PM
Coinops
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blind spot monitoring and leather seats with memory. I know leather seats are supposed to be an option, but they are impossible to find.

And rear seat cup holders!!!!
Old 10-31-15, 10:30 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

• Better designed adaptive cruise (will full speed range like virtually everyone else).
  • Separate auto-dimming sensors for the side mirrors.
  • Updated interior to match other Lexus', the CT feels like a partial-Lexus product.
  • As part of an interior upgrade, switch to a shifter like the other new Lexus' (IS, NX), as the current one is too easy to bump in the dark as you drive when you reach for the volume ****.
  • Option to roll the windows back up with the key fob instead of only rolling down.
  • Lane keeping would be great (but done right, the way Infiniti does it).
  • Move cargo light to the headliner at the center, so objects in the cargo area don't block the light.
  • More power. 10 seconds to 60 mph is not acceptable. There are many places where you need a lot of acceleration due to the way people drive and road conditions.
  • Ability to remember last used driving mode.
  • Customization of driving modes (like Audi), where you can select Sport mode response and motor power usage, but keep Normal mode's steering effort and traction/stability control settings.
  • Auto up/down window button for all 4 windows simultaneously.
  • Auto close button for moonroof.
Old 11-02-15, 07:04 PM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by Raidin
[*]Move cargo light to the headliner at the center, so objects in the cargo area don't block the light.
I've always added my own to my cars, as every hatch I've had has had the light in the side.
Cost me $2 on eBay:
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...ght-trunk.html

Not sure if it's something you'd want to do, but it's easy enough to do.
Old 11-03-15, 07:57 AM
UMassMike
Driver School Candidate

I saw this article today: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss...y-to-sexiness/

Do you think that we'll be getting a "sexier" CT200h? I hope so. I have a 2015 and the lines on it are kind of neat, but the design over all is sort of boring.
Old 11-04-15, 04:43 AM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by UMassMike
I saw this article today: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss...y-to-sexiness/

Do you think that we'll be getting a "sexier" CT200h? I hope so. I have a 2015 and the lines on it are kind of neat, but the design over all is sort of boring.
I certainly hope so - the new NX/RX styling on the CT would certainly be an improvement on the current car's somewhat pedestrian looks.
Old 12-13-15, 03:53 PM
CharlesCA
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Apple Play

Quick Reply: What Do you want most in the new CT?