2013 ct Premium vs 2014 ct Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-15, 02:44 PM
iLLY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2013 ct Premium vs 2014 ct Base

Hey guys, I am coming from an IS350.
My car got rear ended this passed weekend and I am looking into buying a CT200.
I always like the way they look and love the MPG they get. I don't care about the power
anymore I'm more into gas saying since I drive about 60+ miles a day.
I found two cars that I am on the fence about. I found a 2013 starfire pearl with black
interior with the premium package and a 2014 black with brown interior with base package.
I love the interior look with the pop up navigation but I love the new hour glass front end
and rear bumper. What should I do? Also would I be able to do a direct front and rear bumper swap?
The body frame looks very identical but
Old 10-05-15, 03:04 PM
iLLY
Driver School Candidate

Also I forgot to mention. I test drove both but on the 2014 every time I step on the brake I hear a noise. It sounds like air is coming out of a hose. It brakes fine just the air sound like nose concerns me. I dont know if its a 2014 thing or there might be something wrong with it.
Old 10-06-15, 02:33 AM
nacke
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd say the facelift model isn't that different, mine is 2015 model and I've droven those older ones too. So take that 2013 model if you like it
Old 10-06-15, 05:18 PM
oregonkat
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLY
Hey guys, I am coming from an IS350.
My car got rear ended this passed weekend and I am looking into buying a CT200.
I always like the way they look and love the MPG they get. I don't care about the power
anymore I'm more into gas saying since I drive about 60+ miles a day.
I found two cars that I am on the fence about. I found a 2013 starfire pearl with black
interior with the premium package and a 2014 black with brown interior with base package.
I love the interior look with the pop up navigation but I love the new hour glass front end
and rear bumper. What should I do? Also would I be able to do a direct front and rear bumper swap?
The body frame looks very identical but
All things being equal (not even counting the mysterious sound), I'd go with the premium every time. You don't mention if there is a considerable mileage difference. I really like all the bells and whistles, and actually prefer the previous grill design. Also, black vs. white is a pretty big difference. Which do you prefer? Brown interior must mean tan? Does the premium have the leather package? i find Nav to be a pretty big deal now that I have it, although never thought I would.
Old 10-06-15, 11:58 PM
iLLY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nacke
I'd say the facelift model isn't that different, mine is 2015 model and I've droven those older ones too. So take that 2013 model if you like it
Problem is i like the new face lift but the interior looks meh without the navi and etc.

Originally Posted by oregonkat
All things being equal (not even counting the mysterious sound), I'd go with the premium every time. You don't mention if there is a considerable mileage difference. I really like all the bells and whistles, and actually prefer the previous grill design. Also, black vs. white is a pretty big difference. Which do you prefer? Brown interior must mean tan? Does the premium have the leather package? i find Nav to be a pretty big deal now that I have it, although never thought I would.
car miles are fairly equal. only difference is the face lift and interior premium package. the interior is an actual mocha brown color. i can do brown or black interior it's just i somehow feel like there's no wow factor in the base package. after sitting inside the premium package i felt the wow factor. the console is so much nicer and having the navi flips up makes a big difference but the new hour glass makes a big difference to me too because I have a problem of always wanting the new hot thing. But i am wondering if i am able to do a direct swap for the bumper?
Old 10-07-15, 08:41 AM
oregonkat
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLY
Problem is i like the new face lift but the interior looks meh without the navi and etc.

car miles are fairly equal. only difference is the face lift and interior premium package. the interior is an actual mocha brown color. i can do brown or black interior it's just i somehow feel like there's no wow factor in the base package. after sitting inside the premium package i felt the wow factor. the console is so much nicer and having the navi flips up makes a big difference but the new hour glass makes a big difference to me too because I have a problem of always wanting the new hot thing. But i am wondering if i am able to do a direct swap for the bumper?
Wow factor is a good way to put it. Which will you enjoy more: time spent inside the cabin, or you (and others) looking at the outside as you walk up to it in the parking lot? You might already know, but 2013 is the last year for the retractable nav screen. Later models are fixed position.

Someone else should be able to answer the bumper swap question.
Old 10-08-15, 10:35 AM
UMassMike
Driver School Candidate

No idea about the bumper, but having leased a 2013 CT and a 2015 CT, I liked the 2013 CT a great deal more. The 2015 is a stiffer ride, which some folks like more, but I liked the interior on the 2013 a great deal more than the 2015. It's all opinion, though, so spend some time in each and find which one you like better.
Old 10-09-15, 11:07 AM
iLLY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oregonkat
Wow factor is a good way to put it. Which will you enjoy more: time spent inside the cabin, or you (and others) looking at the outside as you walk up to it in the parking lot? You might already know, but 2013 is the last year for the retractable nav screen. Later models are fixed position.

Someone else should be able to answer the bumper swap question.
I definitely felt the wow factor when I got into the 2013. The interior is so much nicer with the navi console. the 2014 is too basic looking especially with the ugly green backlight for the radio lol. It's a 2014 why are you still having 1990's radio designs. I am slowly moving towards the 2013 because of the interior.

Originally Posted by UMassMike
No idea about the bumper, but having leased a 2013 CT and a 2015 CT, I liked the 2013 CT a great deal more. The 2015 is a stiffer ride, which some folks like more, but I liked the interior on the 2013 a great deal more than the 2015. It's all opinion, though, so spend some time in each and find which one you like better.
I feel somewhat confident that the bumper can be a direct swaps. examining the body frame its all the same and head lamps are the same. Rear bumper is a direct swap and font looks similar just need a confirmation from a more experience owner. The f sport makes it stiffer so im not to worry about it.
Old 10-15-15, 09:41 AM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

The bumpers can be swapped.